PDA

View Full Version : Skryre 500p Schools Tournament List

Black Antelope
22-11-2007, 15:44
Ok, at my school we are taking part in the schools tournament. I think this would be a good time to start WHFB, as it’s only a 500p list. Anyway, bearing in mind I have NO experience at WHFB whatever, this is my Skryre list (why? they're awesome :D)

Rules are:
500p
1 hero
1 Core
No rare
No special Characters
Must have 10 infantry
No more than 2 lvls of magic
My list

Hero

Chieftain Skeamw - Hand weapon, Enchanted shield, warpstone amulet - 84

Core

20x Clanrat - Hand weapon, shield, Musician - 105
Ratling gun - Hand weapon - 60
20x Clanrat - Hand weapon, shield, Musician - 105
2x Poisoned Wind Globadiers - Hand weapon, Poisoned Wind Globes - 20
3x Warplock Jezzils - Hand weapon, Jezzail - 60

Total - 494

Is this any good?
Do I need Standard Bearers/Champs for my clanrats?
Should I get Spears for Clanrats
Should I get halberd/GW for chief?

Thanks, Blacky

espen
22-11-2007, 16:38
Well for starters do a great weap and heavy armor on the general loose the ench shield a 4+ward save is enough in these small games.

And you should think about adding clanrat slaves since it's just 40p for 20 rats,
2 ratling guns might be too much since they tend do backstab you all the time :) and the clanrat group with the general in should consist of 25 rats

And full command is nice, and you always always go for stand and muscian, and an extra attack is never wrong since skavens is all about numbers :p

Dragonics
22-11-2007, 16:52
drop the enc shield 4+ ward better, take a great wep instead for chief, id suggest dropping a ratling gun and the globadiers for 2 reasons, 2 ratling guns in a 500 point army will lose you LOTS of friends if they work (roll 3 dice max for safety) and the globes because of their range they wont be very effective. with the points stack up the rats to 25 each add standards and add a unit of slaves as a good screen to shoot into and past.

I believe ive gone over the 500pts limit but im going from memory on points because ive misplaced my book.

(skyre are excellent yes-yes) (shame about no rare WLC would be fun)

or if you want 2 ratling guns (i know i would, but im mean and use WLCs aswell) you could drop the jezzails instead. Or use as you have but get standards for both units)

Black Antelope
23-11-2007, 06:19
And full command is nice, and you always always go for stand and muscian, and an extra attack is never wrong since skavens is all about numbers :p

That extra atack costs me 3 clanrats or 7 1/2 slaves. does the paw leader do anything other than give +1 attack?

Black Antelope
23-11-2007, 06:25
Ok, here goes

My list

Hero

Chieftain Skeamw - Hand weapon, warpstone amulet, Heavy armour, great weapon - 78

Core

25x Clanrat - Hand weapon, shield, Musician, SB - 140
20x Clanrat - Hand weapon, shield, Musician, SB - 115
20x Slaves - Hand weapon, Musician - 44

This leaves me with 60 points:which of the following should I take?

3x Warplock Jezzils - Hand weapon, Jezzail - 60

Or is the first list still better?

Vlad Von Carstein
23-11-2007, 06:31
take the 2 ratling guns... whoever said that it would stab you in the back is just... well wrong, with skaven its all about risks and these bad boys are pretty reliable, just roll 3 dice... obviousl not 5 or 6... and another point... doest the warpstone amulet have a downside (cant find my army book to check) hope this helps!

Dragonics
23-11-2007, 07:26
Black Antelope - personally i would say the 2nd option is the better one, with the ratling gun/jezzail I would suggest the ratling gun because 1) there the most deadly singular gun in the game (not just my opinion but GW workers aswell) and 2) if you want jezzails 500pts isnt the best place, either takes LOTS or none at all.

Vlad - (Incase you still havnt found your book, like me) The Warpstone amulet gives u a nice 4+ward but at the end of the battle on a non-re-rollable dice of 1 your character explodes in gory squlchy death. but the odds are stacked in your favour.

heinrichvoncarstein
23-11-2007, 08:23
Either you ditch the jezzails or you ditch one of the ratling guns, some clanrats and take at least 3 more. And ditch the chief and get a warlock egineer

The second list is much better get more jezzails (as said above) ditch the second unit of clanrats and and make the clanrat unit about 30 in number, then you get 10 more slaves and some combat folk(10 plague monks advancing behind the slaves with the chief attached to it is great for smaller games)

Black Antelope
23-11-2007, 15:09
some combat folk(10 plague monks advancing behind the slaves with the chief attached to it is great for smaller games)

Yeah, but its a Skryre list. I'm not putting pestilens units in their, even if their kick ass, cos I like with playing fluffy armies :eek:, not :cheese:

The Warpstone amulet gives u a nice 4+ward but at the end of the battle on a non-re-rollable dice of 1 your character explodes in gory squlchy death. but the odds are stacked in your favour.

Isn’t loud, unreliability explodey stuff and the chance to annihilate everything on the table, including your own stuff, the whole point of playing Skryre?

Dragonics
23-11-2007, 18:57
[/QUOTE]Isn’t loud, unreliability explodey stuff and the chance to annihilate everything on the table, including your own stuff, the whole point of playing Skryre?[/QUOTE]

Totally, thats why i play with them, and 25pts for a 4+ward against all is too cheap to pass up

Fluffy armies rule

UltimateNagash
24-11-2007, 09:37
I don't have the book on me, but can Slaves take spears? Just make them a little bit nastier...

Dragonics
24-11-2007, 13:28
they can but you dont want slaves costing anymore than base value, their there to die and mislead troops, even a musician isnt really worth it on LD 2 theres very little chance of a rally. Just use em to hold an enemy and shoot into the combat. If you kill 1 enemy costing 8 points and 3 slaves your at an advantage.

UltimateNagash
24-11-2007, 13:39
Fair enough really...

Personally, if it's a Skyre list, I think it should have a Warplock Engineer ;) but that's me...

Black Antelope
24-11-2007, 15:01
Fair enough really...

Personally, if it's a Skyre list, I think it should have a Warplock Engineer ;) but that's me...

I would put one in but the I donít think I could make him as cheap as the chief, and without a WLC I cant use most of his special stuff.

UltimateNagash
24-11-2007, 15:29
Hmm, well, could always try and get the Storm Daemon on something... Or is that Arcane?

Dragonics
24-11-2007, 15:50
still havt found my book, I think the SD is arcane and it would be very difficult to make an engineer cheaper than a chiftain. Although you could right some fluff that hes an aprentice or something like that to an engineer/master/warlord and isnt trusted yet with the bigger guns like the WLC or been gifted with his own warp-blades and equipment.

Black Antelope
25-11-2007, 06:29
Hmm, well, could always try and get the Storm Daemon on something... Or is that Arcane?

Its arcane - lvl4 scroll
I am tring to keep away from magic, as with only 2 levels alowed, it would be not very effective, as the enermy will already have 2 displem dice even without their own mages. It would be impossible to use if agaist dwaves.

The chief/warlock thing comes down to:
Cheif-Hand weapon, great weapon, warpstone amulet, sheild - 80
OR
Warlock-warpstone amulet, storm daemon - 95

Taking the warlock would require me to drop the 5th rank on the clanrat unit.

UltimateNagash
25-11-2007, 09:34
Don't bother then... Only get it when 1000 points then...
I guess only VC can get away with Magic spam in these points ;)

Black Antelope
15-12-2007, 17:36
Ok, my final list

Clan Xia Foraging Party

Cheiftain (Screaw) - Hand weapon, great weapon, warpstone amulet, sheild
Clanrats (24) - Hand weapon, shield, Full comand, Ratling gun
Clanrats (20) - Hand weapon, shield, SB, Musician, Ratling gun
Slaves (20) - Hand weapons, Musicain

Total - 499

fubukii
15-12-2007, 18:20
I dont think the ratling guns will prove that useful they die to any bow/magic and or missile fire. A more effective route would be taking a warlock with storm daemon

Warlock (warpblades, accumulator, storm daemon, warpstone charm) 3d6 str 5 hits a turn at 24 inch range and can move and fire? yes plz!

25 clanrats full cmd
24 calnrats full cmd
20 slaves musician
20 slaves

Black Antelope
16-12-2007, 10:48
I dont think the ratling guns will prove that useful they die to any bow/magic and or missile fire. A more effective route would be taking a warlock with storm daemon

Warlock (warpblades, accumulator, storm daemon, warpstone charm) 3d6 str 5 hits a turn at 24 inch range and can move and fire? yes plz!

25 clanrats full cmd
24 calnrats full cmd
20 slaves musician
20 slaves

Yes, but it can be quite easily dispelled. You have what, 4 power dice? This is going to be almost useless vs dwarfs, VC and HE, who will make up about 1/2 my opponants. Others ones will be BMok, WE, Empire, Goblins and All skink lizzys.

fubukii
16-12-2007, 11:54
well seeing how dwarves start with 4 dice they may actually be able to dispel your spells, maybe, throw the bound spell out first to cause them to throw dice at it, then use WL lvl 2. As for the other armies unless they take a mage, they cant really stop your magic with a mere 2dd, in addition most of those armies have a fair amount of shooting units, so if you think your ratlings will live long you are sadly mistaken

Dragonics
18-12-2007, 11:40
with ratling guns all you need to do is keep them near their parent unit ad they cant be targeted seperatly unless the weapon/spell specifically says it can target specifically

Black Antelope
18-12-2007, 18:48
well seeing how dwarves start with 4 dice they may actually be able to dispel your spells, maybe, throw the bound spell out first to cause them to throw dice at it, then use WL lvl 2. As for the other armies unless they take a mage, they cant really stop your magic with a mere 2dd

1. Do you know a VC/TK who doesnt take mages?
2. The HE players are both mage mad
3. I expect to see a gobbo/skink lvl1 in their amies
4. And dont Korne stuff get some sort of save vs magic?
5. Hence the only one I could relible get spells off agaist would be empire
in addition most of those armies have a fair amount of shooting units, so if you think your ratlings will live long you are sadly mistaken

What Dragonics said, read the entry again

fubukii
18-12-2007, 20:39
yes they can, that rule no longer exists in 7th edition of warhammer. There are no target restrictions for hitting weapon teams with any kind of ranged attack anymore. They are targeted like a single character on foot, but the rules that allowed single characters on foot to be protected by units within 6 inches is no longer a rule in this edition therefore your weapon team has no protection what so ever and if it can be seen it can be targeted. (this means any unit of archers and any spells MAY target your 1 wound 60-75 pt toughness 3 model)

The thing is its only 500pts, The hes can be mage mad because quite frankly a level 2 mage with items is about 180 pts, and assuming they take a bare bone unit of archers as core, thats roughly 290 pts spent, before anything. i dont think tk cane even fit 2 cores and both heroes in 500 pts, Vc Need a necrobut probably wont be able to afford more then 1, K a skink or goobo for 3 dd total, you have 3 and a token and a bound spell, if they want to dispel your bound spell they need 2 dice to gaurneetee it, and with 4 dice on a warped lightning those 3 dice wont cut it, Khorne get dispel dice per mark of khorne, but then again khorne units are pricey and its 500pts, they wont be able to have much at all.

Black Antelope
12-01-2008, 07:26
Ok, is this list REALY REALY cheesy?
If it is I wont use it.

Warlock Engineer
Supercharged Warp Power Accumulator, Upgraded Warp Energy Condenser, Warp-blades, Warp scroll, 1 warpstone token.
Warlock Engineer
Supercharged Warp Power Accumulator, Upgraded Warp Energy Condenser, Warp-blades, Storm deamon, Warpstone amulet, 1 warpstone token.
Clanrat Regiment
26 Strong: Light armour, shield, Full command, Ratling gun
Clanrat Slaves
20 Strong:

Total Points = 500

6 power dice
4 dispell dice
2 bound spell (1 is 1 use)

I can have 2 lvl 2's (kinda), and noone else can *mad laughter*

Black Antelope
12-01-2008, 07:35
yes they can, that rule no longer exists in 7th edition of warhammer. There are no target restrictions for hitting weapon teams with any kind of ranged attack anymore. They are targeted like a single character on foot, but the rules that allowed single characters on foot to be protected by units within 6 inches is no longer a rule in this edition therefore your weapon team has no protection what so ever and if it can be seen it can be targeted. (this means any unit of archers and any spells MAY target your 1 wound 60-75 pt toughness 3 model)

Ok, you were right

The thing is its only 500pts, The hes can be mage mad because quite frankly a level 2 mage with items is about 180 pts, and assuming they take a bare bone unit of archers as core, thats roughly 290 pts spent, before anything. i dont think tk cane even fit 2 cores and both heroes in 500 pts, Vc Need a necrobut probably wont be able to afford more then 1
They cannot have more than one if its lvl2, but they cna give it power familiar to make it pusdo lvl3
, K a skink or goobo for 3 dd total, you have 3 and a token and a bound spell, if they want to dispel your bound spell they need 2 dice to gaurneetee it, and with 4 dice on a warped lightning those 3 dice wont cut it, Khorne get dispel dice per mark of khorne, but then again khorne units are pricey and its 500pts, they wont be able to have much at all.

You only need 1 hero and 1 core, so all armys can fit it in

Even tomb kings can have

Hiro w/hirotic jar
Prince w/genral, Flail, Sheild, Armour of ages, Tally of protection
8 archers
12 spearmen with light armour and champ

Wolfmother
12-01-2008, 19:49
take :

Warlock Engineer
Supercharged Warp Power Accumulator, Upgraded Warp Energy Condenser, Warp-blades,storm daemon. 110

Warlock Engineer
Supercharged Warp Power Accumulator, Upgraded Warp Energy Condenser, Warp-blades,Warp scroll 115

40 clanrats 200
command 25

5xpoisoned wind globadeers 50

500pts

if you dont win with this list ill cry

dont take anyone elses this is the best

and btw i wish i had school tourneys!:cries: