PDA

View Full Version : Confrontation

mooby
14-09-2005, 11:19
Do many people play confrontation in the UK and if so how well does it play?

Keravin
14-09-2005, 12:16
Yes there are a fair few UK Confrontation players and the numbers are growing with demo games.

http://www.conf-federation.org.uk/Board/index.php is the Confederation forums for the UK organisation and has a lot of information on where people are playing and getting people into the game.

mooby
14-09-2005, 12:59
cheers and what is the game play like as in warhammer/warmachine/lotr?

Keravin
14-09-2005, 13:19
Confrontation is small scale 10-20 a side. It can cope with bigger games than that and with the new edition is more geared to teaching new people than it has been previously.

mooby
14-09-2005, 16:11
I see so you don't have to spend loads then and can play quite quickly

Keravin
14-09-2005, 17:35
You can play with about 3 blisters per side for a small game.

Crazy Harborc
14-09-2005, 17:53
In this area (St.Louis is the "city"), Confrontation has a following, as do WAB, Starship Trooper, War Machine and several more systems. There is also a GW only game players wargaming group too.

Some opponents are into Confrontation. Great minies (most seem a little bigger/bulkier than GW's), prices about the same(item by item), very good details on the minies.

Edit time (Below is posted for humor) ;)

Several of my regular opponents (and myself) prefer larger games when doing WAB(historical) or fantasy(WHFB). Besides wives can count. :eek: They seem to notice what comes into the house accompanied by a sales receipt!!

We just tell them it was on sale!! That's half price! :D

mooby
14-09-2005, 18:34
lol cool. well in wet shropshire (near wales) i am secretary of the local wargaming club and have recenly introduced ik warmachine and I am also looking for a smaller slightly cheaper game to start a cult with and confrontation sounds good now

Keravin
14-09-2005, 18:48
Talk to people on the Confederation and you may be able to get one of the demo team to come along to show people how the game plays.

mooby
14-09-2005, 19:22
sweet cheers everyone

boogle
20-09-2005, 21:33
just one question are the Confrontation sub games still suffering from the language problems that Confrontation suffered from

Muffin Man
22-09-2005, 01:13
I have hybrid, the rules are not written as clearly as I would have liked... however the official english forums have a nice faq to clear things up.

That said, I just got it last week, so I haven't had a chance to see what problems may come up, faq or no faq.

Briareos
22-09-2005, 15:31
just one question are the Confrontation sub games still suffering from the language problems that Confrontation suffered from
It's not a problem of translation - the original rules, published in french, also suffer from less than stellar clarity.

The latest Confrontation 3 book is a good example - they had to put out an errata/FAQ just a few weeks after the product hit the stores because of the several mistakes and ommissions which plagued the product.