PDA

View Full Version : dwarf vs. dwarf

boardbox
22-11-2007, 20:08
How do you have a good fight when your a dwarf army fighting a dwarf army?
I've been asking myself this for a while and it just seems to me that it would turn into an artillery battle, which sounds somewhat boring.

So how do two dwarf armies have an enjoyable game?

Dragon Prince of Caledor
22-11-2007, 20:26
That is worse than vampire counts vs tomb kings..... It would be lame and unmoving because dwarfs do not have any intense fighting units.

Prince Sairion
22-11-2007, 20:30
They leave the artillery at home, run (walk fast) forward, all with great axes, slice the poo out of eachother, never run away, last man standing.

So yeah, it'd be quite dull, but i'm sure someone out there will have done it . . .

fubukii
22-11-2007, 20:51
yea id say take combat units and charge!

Dragon Prince of Caledor
22-11-2007, 22:39
That would be the only way and they would all have to have great weapons! lol

Dead Man Walking
22-11-2007, 23:33
I only field marching dwarfs anymore, very exciting. I will always roll a dwarf gunline since I will hit them on turn 2 or 3. Toss on a 5+ army wide ward save, master rune of challenge to force them out and a unit of 20 miners coming up from behind to be the hammer on the anvil a vanilla list of dwarfs can't win. Ever.

Malorian
23-11-2007, 21:26
Well you could try decreasing the borad size, say make it 2X2. With 9 inch deployment zone.

Itake
24-11-2007, 00:59
Would be the most boring battle evah.

From Shadows
24-11-2007, 01:02
I believe it would be a short fight. ;)

Red_Lep
24-11-2007, 01:12
I believe it would be a short fight. ;)

Greatness:p

maswalaki
24-11-2007, 01:33
Ive played w my dwarves several times vs other dwarves... we had some beer, some artillery (anyway, balanced armies, even if it was on tournaments), bigger blocks... first it was a draw thx to some bad luck for me on the artillery duel, but dealing with the guys on the other flank (mean: in the centre of the table) in cc pretty well. It wasnt boring at all, but probably cause dwarf players can get merry easily after some pints...
The second was more cc, the other army was based on a pirate theme with longdrongs and some ship-artillery, my side was a tunneling cc party, and i stuck into it early enough to win some xtra VP, and make a minor... the boring thing can only be, if one isnt happy if its not at least a solid vic for one's side... :D
But the basis of the dwarf vs dwarf is the Bugmans xxx. Its sure like the glitter of gold and the treachery of Elves. ...