PDA

View Full Version : So...who is still around?

TitusAndronicus
23-11-2007, 04:00
It's been a while. Let's see. Got married, had an ear drum rupture, cured my gut, leg is still screwed. Wife and I are getting divorced because she coudln't take all the stress of my injuries. Thank you United States Army.

For all you newbs who think the army is teh kewl, take it from an old grunt: They'll use you, chew you up, and spit you out with no thanks, glory or compensation.:mad: You'll wake up in the night every night for teh rest of your life in a sweat, frightened and alone, no matter who is next to you.:confused: You'll cry a lot, for a long time.:cries: And you'll wonder how you could have ever been so young that you thought the army was an adventure.:wtf:

My advice? Become a dentist. It'll suck, but you'll make more moeny and it won't ruin your life.

Lord Lucifer
23-11-2007, 05:34
Hooray for the good stuff, sorry about the bad stuff, and good to see you again TA :)

And I have to apologize for this, but...
Son, be a dentist! You have a talent for causing things PAIN! (Pain!)
Son, be a dentist! They will pay you to be inhumane!

Little Shop of Horrors moment, don't mind me ;)

TitusAndronicus
23-11-2007, 05:44
ah hahahah!
FEED ME SEYMORE!
Go give me a warning for my Rumors thread :)

dr.oetk3r
23-11-2007, 06:44
It's been a while. Let's see. Got married, had an ear drum rupture, cured my gut, leg is still screwed. Wife and I are getting divorced because she coudln't take all the stress of my injuries. Thank you United States Army.

For all you newbs who think the army is teh kewl, take it from an old grunt: They'll use you, chew you up, and spit you out with no thanks, glory or compensation.:mad: You'll wake up in the night every night for teh rest of your life in a sweat, frightened and alone, no matter who is next to you.:confused: You'll cry a lot, for a long time.:cries: And you'll wonder how you could have ever been so young that you thought the army was an adventure.:wtf:

My advice? Become a dentist. It'll suck, but you'll make more moeny and it won't ruin your life.

Thank you

efefefefewfewfewfef

New Cult King
23-11-2007, 07:31
Welcome back TA. I'll echo LL's sentiments about the bad stuff, but, y'know, at least you have us?

Poor second prize I know, but hey, we love ya :D

hairyman
23-11-2007, 07:34
*waves*

Hooray for the good stuff, sorry about the bad stuff, and good to see you again TA :)

What he said.:)

Jedi152
23-11-2007, 07:58
Good to see you're back. If it's any consolation, i planned to make your Jambalaya from the gourmet's thread next week! :p

TitusAndronicus
23-11-2007, 08:05
I made it two weeks ago--it's as good as it ever was!

Kohhna
23-11-2007, 09:02
AHHHHHH!!!! Titus! *Big Manly Bear-hug*

Good to see you again man.

Thud
23-11-2007, 10:57
Howdy, ya old fart.

You'll no doubt be pleased to know that I too have retired from the military and is yet again a happy civilian camper, although the danger of being pressed into the special forces and trotting off to Africa is everpresent. :p

Hywel
23-11-2007, 11:46
...and you are? :eyebrows:

I'm sorry, I tried really hard to resist. Good to see you back.

Gaebriel
23-11-2007, 12:05
TA! :)

Nice to see you're still around ;)

Stahlgeist
23-11-2007, 14:46

Hey there - We've never met, but I want to thank you for your service.

We don't treat you all nearly as well as we should, and it's a damn shame.

de Selby
23-11-2007, 16:42
Hello TA.

Life's a b*tch, huh? I chose not to choose life. I chose games workshop.

Brother Munro
23-11-2007, 17:09
Welcome back :)

Soldiers deserve better (even if you are United Statesian Rebels ;) :D)

TheSonOfAbbadon
23-11-2007, 17:23
I only have a vague recollection of you, so 'Long time no see' doesn't make any sense, so I'll settle for 'Welcome back person I don't know!'

Thank you United States Army.

Can I just quickly ask whether you get free healthcare if you're in the US army?

For all you newbs who think the army is teh kewl, take it from an old grunt: They'll use you, chew you up, and spit you out with no thanks, glory or compensation.:mad: You'll wake up in the night every night for teh rest of your life in a sweat, frightened and alone, no matter who is next to you.:confused: You'll cry a lot, for a long time.:cries: And you'll wonder how you could have ever been so young that you thought the army was an adventure.

I always thought of the army as a horrible, hard and ultimately a terrifying and debilitating experience which should only be endured when its neccessary!

However, I know a kid who's around 15 who has 'join the army' as part of his life plan... :cries:

I'm aiming for ruler of the world, myself. Failing that, I'll settle for Prime Minister of the UK.

Damien 1427
23-11-2007, 17:42
'ello old man. I'm sad to hear that your "adventures" away from cyberspace have been less than stellar.

And the real money is in plumbing.

Dat Wildboy
23-11-2007, 17:53
...and you are? :eyebrows:

why wasn't this the first post? warseer you disappoint me.... :D

Everett
23-11-2007, 20:36
..And the real money is in plumbing..

trust me mate, its not as rewarding as you think

mistformsquirrel
23-11-2007, 23:48
@SonofAbbadon - I'm sure Titus can answer the question better; but its my understanding that US soldiers are *supposed* to get healthcare through the Veterans Administration; but the whole thing is essentially a screwjob and a lot of them end up getting billed for their healthcare expenses anyway.

Heck, there are some servicemen who enlisted, went to Iraq, got wounded, and had the Army bill them for part of their enlistment bonus because "they couldn't complete their agreed to tour".

@Titus: Sorry that's happened to you Titus; believe me, some of us appreciate you more than you'll know (and I'm not talking about a g'damn bumper sticker that says "Support the Troops" either)

devolutionary
23-11-2007, 23:51
Yeesh speak about old fart corner ;)

Anyway, I look forward to an increase in conflict now that we seem to be recovering our polarising individuals at a rapid rate. Should make venturing to the rules and Gen Dis. sections more amusing. Many happy returns despite circumstances.

John Wayne II
24-11-2007, 00:26
Did you change your avatar? Because I can't remember you... :confused:

Anyway, good to see you back. :D

thegnome
24-11-2007, 00:51
Apparently that's the profession with the highest suicide rate :p

I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles, I hope things start turning around.

VanHel
24-11-2007, 01:29
Titus my boy! Good to see you about again,and sorry to hear about the stuff life has done to you.

TitusAndronicus
24-11-2007, 02:35
Did you change your avatar? Because I can't remember you... :confused:

Anyway, good to see you back. :D

Nope! I have been a howling Griffon before anybody knew tere WERE Howling Griffons! Say, Has there been any new fluff about us?

Adept
24-11-2007, 04:14
Nope! I have been a howling Griffon before anybody knew tere WERE Howling Griffons! Say, Has there been any new fluff about us?

In fact, didn't you used to have Howling Griffon as your username?

TitusAndronicus
24-11-2007, 04:15
Nah. That was another guy I think. It's my email addy and I was Howling Griffon at GW for a while.

Adept
24-11-2007, 04:19
Nah. That was another guy I think. It's my email addy and I was Howling Griffon at GW for a while.

Ah well, that could be it then.

athamas
24-11-2007, 07:35
welcome back TA

Karhedron
24-11-2007, 20:31
Hi again. Long time no see! Sorry to hear that the world has been treating you badly. Welcome back.

Finnigan2004
25-11-2007, 02:32
We have not properly met, but: sorry about the bad stuff, welcome back, and hope things turn around for you.

Delicious Soy
25-11-2007, 05:24
TA lives! Kinda. Good to sse you back man, thoughI find this sudden fascination with dentists most perturbatory. :p

TitusAndronicus
25-11-2007, 06:01
>sound of drill in background<

slaaneshes_own
25-11-2007, 12:08
Greetings TA, you probably have no idea who I am but your jambalaya is now legendary in my house.... ;)

Sorry to hear what that redneck in charge has done with his troops (in particular you) but welcome back to that friendly of pastimes - toy soldiers - at least this way you yourself won't get parts of you blown off, just little lumps of plastic and metal...

Nice to see you back man!

Joe

McMullet
25-11-2007, 13:09
FECK **** DRINK GIRLS

Welcome back Mr. Titus. Sorry to hear everything ain't peachy for you over there. But I wish you the best of luck with your new career in dentistry.

TitusAndronicus
25-11-2007, 21:15
*steals hat*

Gads! There are quite a few of you dirty barstards still around!
I am humbled to see that my Jam has made it round the world-if you like it that much, you should go look up a cookbook by Paul Prudhome. He taught me to cook years ago. Best chef in the city of New Orleans, and surrounding parrishes!

Terminatorphoenix
25-11-2007, 21:17
I don't suppose I could get this jambalaya recipe could I?

Barbarossa
25-11-2007, 21:28
That Jambalaya contains more than the recommended weekly dose of awesome, so be careful when eating!

Welcome back!

slaaneshes_own
25-11-2007, 22:11
TerminatorPhoenix - http://warseer.com/forums/groups-and-factions/17815-warseer-gourmet-s-thread.html. First post.

That Jambalaya contains more than the recommended weekly dose of awesome, so be careful when eating!

Cannot agree more to the above post!

:D

Joe

polymphus
25-11-2007, 22:16
You probably don't remember me (I'm not the most prolific poster) but I certainly remember you. :p Welcome back dude, hope civilian life treats you a little better.

Also, I plan to make that Jambalya the next time I'm asked to cook anything. Sounds...so...good.

Poly
Out

*flees*

TitusAndronicus
26-11-2007, 01:28
polymphus, I seem to remember a skaven army on the loose but I'm afraid that's all my poor head can dredge up :) The jambalaya is pretty good- it's kind of crazy that it has been remembered this long! I'm kind of flattered *blushes*

starlight
26-11-2007, 01:46
Welcome back old soldier. :)

Glad to hear you are well, wish to hear you were better, hope to hear things are improving. :)

Any plans to venture Wastes-ward....? ;)

TitusAndronicus
26-11-2007, 02:35
no money at the moment--in the middle of a divorce school and a 1000 mile move :p but I will get back in one day...