PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Lord Of Khorne (pics)

Rahveel
23-11-2007, 05:39
sory if this is in the wrong aria..

So I have been forced to make several changes to my Chaos army (formarly WB) since the new codex came out. With the loss of strong daemon assult troops, i needed to fill the gap with another CC unit, and with the loss of Word Bearers special rules, i needed a new role for my Dark Apostle.

here's what the model was:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/Rahveel/DSC00264.jpg

And with a slight twist to a Daemon Weapon weilding devotee of Khorne:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/Rahveel/PA160030.jpg

Back:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/Rahveel/PA160034.jpg

Daemon Sword:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/Rahveel/PA160035.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/Rahveel/PA160032.jpg

note the nice peice of terrain my Girlfriend just painted for me to pose him on:)

in regards to the daemon weapon, would you say it is WYSIWYG for the bloodfeeder? I know they say it is usualy an axe, but i didnt have one i felt looked sutibly chaotic. also on the subject of WYSIWYG, does the model look sutibly Khornate?

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
23-11-2007, 05:43
great model i have to say!

[doesn't it belongs to Painting and modeling subforum?]

Hicks
23-11-2007, 05:47
The mini is very well done, but I think it looks more like a Black Templar Chaplain than a Khorne lord. Maybe if you removed the crosius and BT symbols and added more chaosy things I'd like it more.

Rahveel
23-11-2007, 06:00
The mini is very well done, but I think it looks more like a Black Templar Chaplain than a Khorne lord. Maybe if you removed the crosius and BT symbols and added more chaosy things I'd like it more.

Yeah, I hear this a lot about this army. Some say it isn't fluffy, but they are an army of fallen black templars. "not possible!" some would say, well here is a short background:

Basically a small force of BT was declared impure after a lengthy campaign against chaos, and was hunted/pursued until escaping to the Maelstrom. All hidden up by the BT higher ups of course, but they still have a tenancy to pick up members of the BT who zeal for battle is just a little stronger than their zeal for the emperor. They are almost like a secret cult, and try to hold agents of varying ranks w/in the BT forces.

So yeah, a large (i.e. nearly every model) portion of my army features the Templar cross, it ties together rather well IMO. As to the Crosius, i really liked the orriginal conversion I did on it, and it makes a good personal Icon :P such feedback is welcome though!

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
23-11-2007, 06:03
i personally like it more than some random khorne lord - it is clean and well represents martial perfection.

i love the idea and rate the model very high.

Halcyon504
23-11-2007, 06:10
I was going to say he looks too much like a BT commander, until I read your fluff behind it. Well done! I like it a lot! :D

Tehkonrad
23-11-2007, 06:22
that is so cool
take that black templars!

Rahveel
23-11-2007, 06:30
i personally like it more than some random khorne lord - it is clean and well represents martial perfection.

Thanks, I really wanted to keep that aspect of the BT immagry, but twisted to a darker end..

i love the idea and rate the model very high.

thank ya muchly for the complement :)

take that black templars!

lol

Pandir
23-11-2007, 07:11
Really nice model. I was also going to say how it looked like a BT but with the fluff it makes sense.

Rahveel
23-11-2007, 07:15
I was going to say he looks too much like a BT commander, until I read your fluff behind it. Well done! I like it a lot! :D

Really nice model. I was also going to say how it looked like a BT but with the fluff it makes sense.

glad we're in agreement then ;p

and thanks :)

Amnar
23-11-2007, 07:20
I dig it. Quick question, which sword did you use?

Imperial Dragon
23-11-2007, 07:22
i really like the model and the fluff is good aswell is that Maugan Ra's helmet? cause it looks alot like it.

Rahveel
23-11-2007, 07:23
WHF chaos warriors. Champion lower arm and sword. skull head from the same sprue, but with a GS lower grill and re shaping of the back of the head to give a little more size

pookie
23-11-2007, 09:40
It'd never Happen!!!!!!! :p

lol, nice and with the background makes sence, but i still feel there should be a little more Khorne feeling to it.

As its a Lord, who would be (imo) more dedicated to Khorne he possibly should show more outward signs of being Khornate in nature.

Very Nice Paint job tho got to compliment you on that!

Askari
23-11-2007, 10:34
That
is
fantastic
=)

dcikgyurt
23-11-2007, 11:16
Cool Model, cool fluff, 'nuff siad. ;)

sigur
23-11-2007, 12:59
sory if this is in the wrong aria..

Alright...you're guy #4 who posted M,P&Terrain things in 40k General within the past 10 or so days. This is getting ridiculous and actually typing "aria" can only be taken as a provocation.

pookie
23-11-2007, 13:08
This is getting ridiculous and actually typing "aria" can only be taken as a provocation.

oh so someones spelling mistake is provocation? grow up!

he made a mistake and im sure he will try and not do this again, but come on leave it out, no need for that comment at all.

OP - yes the Sword is suitable to count as a 'Bloodfeeder' it doesnt have to be a Axe and in fact a sword prob goes with your fluff better, with the Bt feel you have given them.

Askari
23-11-2007, 13:13
Alright...you're guy #4 who posted M,P&Terrain things in 40k General within the past 10 or so days. This is getting ridiculous and actually typing "aria" can only be taken as a provocation.

4 guys in 10 days, wow, this flood is unstoppable.
/sarcasm off

Really, all you had to do was say
"Nice model, interesting yet exciting background, but this should be in the MP&T section, or just perhaps 40k Background."

Rahveel
23-11-2007, 15:32
Sory for the mis-spellings, and mis-posting. any mods willing to move this?

thanks for the nice feedback everyone.