PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle/undivided 2000p need advice.

Lord Khamul
23-11-2007, 09:06
Im doing the classic 40k -> fantasy jump so I need some advice.

I put together this list and tried to have a strong nurgletheme but is it playable?
Ive played some games (not with this army) and know that knights
are great and marauders do their job but other than that I really dont know...

Im not a big fan of magic but I felt I had to include a caddie to have some
form of magical defense. Is it enough defense against "normal" armies?

My plan was to let the exalted ride with the nurgle knights as I feel the
chosen knights can take care of themselves. Good or bad idea?

Im very unsure about the plaguebearers and nurglings. Are they worth their
points or should I replace them? I was thinking maybe nurgle minos instead.

All comments greatly appreciated. :)

Hordes Of Chaos 2000

Heroes
Exalted Champion: MoN, great weapon, gaze of the gods (190)
Chaos steed

Exalted Champion: great weapon, Helm of many eyes (124)

Aspiring Champion (BSB): armour of damnation (135)

Sorceror: 2 scrolls (135)

Core

25 Chaos Marauders: FC, light armour, shields (200)

5 Chosen Chaos Knights: FC (275)

5 Chaos Knights: MoN, FC (265)

Chaos Chariot: MoN (135)

5 warhounds: (30)

Special
10 Plaguebearers (160)

3 Nurglings (120)

Total: (1999)

heinrichvoncarstein
23-11-2007, 09:17
This is enough magical defence to stop all the spells if you're for the first 2 turns. A normal army normaly consists of 2 mages level 2 and 1 lord and 1 fighting hero. About 15% of all armies have a wizard lord and 1-3 more wizards. So no it's not enough magical defence. What you could do is add a unit of khorne guys or get a champion with tzeentch (or just a nurgle sorceror). Rememer that when an army is big there are often different chaos guys worshipping different gods fighting for the same cause.

Also i would suggest a unit of warriors. I don't know why, but i feel that if you are going with a strong one god theme you need lots of warriors and knights and not that many marauders. I guess because it's the warriors that are the favoured warriors of the gods.

Lord Khamul
23-11-2007, 11:53
Hmm, ok. I guess I have to go for the standard combo of two sorcerors to
have enough magic defense then.

That leaves me with a delicate choice. Which exalted should I keep? Mounted one?

About warriors. I actually like those models alot and was thinking of including them in
the army. But when looking around the boards here I got the impression that they suck
quite bad, or rather are too expensive for what they do. Theyre definitely cool though...

Well, lets say I include warriors. Whats the best way. One big unit of lets say 20, or two
units of around ten? What about armament? I was thinking halberds for that extra punch
and shields for additional protection. Or maybe just shields to save points?

him_15
23-11-2007, 11:57
Your list is solid and very effective, it looks nice and neat overall.
The only advice I would say is try to have 30 marauders for each unit. That means you will ensure you can outnumber the enemy as well as gaining the 3 rank bonus.

Dominatrix
23-11-2007, 13:20
Chaos steed

If your character is mounted why on earth use a great weapon? Is +1 strength a good tradeoff to striking always last? Contrary to 6th edition in 7th edition great weapons give mounted characters +1 strength not +2. Give him a halberd or if you want strenght 7 a flail instead.

Plaguebearers and nurglings are not worth it. Your idea about MoN minotaurs is much better as you need more hard hitting stuff. Other than that it is an OK list.

Lord Khamul
23-11-2007, 17:21
Oops... Havent played since 6th edition... Ill definitely change weapon and buy 7th edition
as well...

Very useful comments. Keep em coming. :)

chaos-nightwing
24-11-2007, 06:55
U will defenetly good to drop the unit of chosen knights

chaos-nightwing
24-11-2007, 06:57
drop the gaze of god. Put another soccer in with two dispell scroll on them so u will be barly harmed by magic

chaos-nightwing
24-11-2007, 07:03
Make the two unit of marauders into one with 30 and with flais too. Drop the gaze of god as it isnt really that use full. I ould go for anther charits of nurgle and a chaos lord with chaos rune sword.

Dominatrix
24-11-2007, 08:56
@ chaos-nightwing: Pssst, use the Edit button next time! No double (or it seems triple) posting is allowed! ;)

Back on topic chosen knights definitely have to stay. At the moment they are the only thing you have that is really good at killing. Try to use some beast units like the minotaurs we mentioned before, chaos trolls or dragon ogres if you have them.

The size of the marauder units will depend on what you expect to face in your battles. Against heavy shooting beefing the units up to 30 each is OK I guess. If you don't expect to face gunlines 25 strong is fine. Keep them with hand/weapon shields. Flails don't do much because marauders are supposed to generate kills through combat resolution, not killing lots of stuff. I run mine everytime I use them 25 strong with the hand weapon. shield combo and stick an exalted/ aspiring champion with them armed like yours. This way even if the marauders are charged, your hero strikes first and kills a few models so less will survive to hit your marauders back. It really works! :D

Finally consider using some furies. They can be very useful for screening, warmachine/ missile troops hunting among other things.

chaos-nightwing
25-11-2007, 06:46
I still think that the chaosen knights should go as they are too expensive for nurgle 2k list. If u want something that is good at killing, i would put chariots in to go aroung, fear charging others and chases them away of mostly with the 3D6 rolls should overun most enemy. Nurgle army do not have to be good at killing. They cause fear and thus they rr their to scare the "hell" out of ur enemy. The marauders are their to outnumber yes but for nurgle army, their roll is even mose importaner; to out number with a fear causing units for example a good one will be chariots with MON. With this combo, u should out-number ur enemy in combat with causing fear, u will be able to roll for insent courage or else run. Than over run them with the chariots which will kill ur enemy instantly. Now im not say knight is not good. I loved chosen knights but they dont seems to work in a nugle army as they barely get into combat because smat player will avoid it or flee when u charge.
I would go for a unit of chaos warrior with shields and some other weapons and FC since they are pretty good. Maby some thing give them extra strengths so they they get more hit in when the enemy do not run. combine them with marauders, they will be perfect combo in Nurgle army. Fell free to add or make any correction to all this i i sort of type them in a rush. sorry.

and yes. Do defenatly consider a unit of 7 or 8 furies for anti-cannon's sake

heinrichvoncarstein
25-11-2007, 11:54
That leaves me with a delicate choice. Which exalted should I keep? Mounted one?

About warriors. I actually like those models alot and was thinking of including them in
the army. But when looking around the boards here I got the impression that they suck
quite bad, or rather are too expensive for what they do. Theyre definitely cool though...

Well, lets say I include warriors. Whats the best way. One big unit of lets say 20, or two
units of around ten? What about armament? I was thinking halberds for that extra punch
and shields for additional protection. Or maybe just shields to save points?

Keep the mounted one in my opinion or the one on foot hard choice. Warriors are definitivly worth their points if played right. get a unit of 25 or 23,24 so you can lose some before you end up loosing your 3+ rank bonus. Get shields and not halberds, the knights are there to do the extra punch. and warroirs already have that nice str 4.

logan054
25-11-2007, 12:22
Heroes
Chaos steed
- Seems ok, personally i would take sword of might and shield, slightly more points but gives you the same strength, Strike in I order and 1+ save, if you want to save points take a flail, strength 7 on the charge is nice.

Exalted Champion: great weapon, Helm of many eyes (124)
- good

Aspiring Champion (BSB): armour of damnation (135)
- personally i would drop this guy

Sorceror: 2 scrolls (135)
- why not take a beast shaman, hes cheaper and does the same job

Core

- good

- if you took a beast shaman then i would take a beast herd over this unit

5 Chosen Chaos Knights: FC (275)
- good

5 Chaos Knights: MoN, FC (265)
- good

Chaos Chariot: MoN (135)
- good

- good

Special
10 Plaguebearers (160)
- I dont really see the point in these, i would consider furies instead as then you take cannons and archers out before they do any real damange.

3 Nurglings (120)
- these are always cool
Total: (1999)