PDA

View Full Version : Deep Space Marines.

Sgt Biffo
23-11-2007, 12:49
While the thread may initially sound like some existentialist Rainbow Warriors drinking coffee and listening to Beatnik poetry, this is not the case (sfx: chorus of disappointed murmurings).

I was swapping some RT era stuff with a new found comrade when he passed me Hero's for Wargames by Steward Parkinson produced by Martyn Dean and Paper Tigers released by Dragons World Imprint 1986. It features, virtually exclusively, the then fledgling company Citadel Miniatures.

Its mostly fantasy stuff (as was the case back then) and the only Sci-Fi entry, apart from the Judge Dredd stuff, Is the Deep Space Marine (a unit of this cast can be see in front of a Landraider on page 111 of RT) in all his Corvus Mk6 glory.

The facing page has the Dave Andrews picture of the Imperial Trooper that feature in a spread on page 164-165 of RT.

Other curiosities include Aly Morrison with a full head of red hair and Jes Goodwin sporting the type of spiked mullet and mustache that only the '80s could inspire.:D

I'll try and get some photos (don't want to bend the book to do a scan) soon.

pookie
23-11-2007, 12:54
i wait with intrest! ive been involved since RT days and so wish i had convinced the parents to buy me a lot more of the literature rather than just minis.

Agrip. Varenus Denter
23-11-2007, 16:07
I've been considering getting that same book from amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heroes-Wargames-Stewart-Parkinson/dp/1850280274) - the cover alone entices me! :)

I, too, await pics with baited breath. :)