PDA

View Full Version : High elves 2250

insomnia
23-11-2007, 22:02
I have decided to start playing warhammer again after a extended rest (was 10 years ago). The army i played back then was high elves so i thought i go with the same now.

Unfortually for me is that i sold my army but the new models make it so much more fun to start over.

I bough the new rulebook and the army list for high elves and come up with this army.

General on a Moon dragon
- Armour of caledor
- vambraces of defence
- 2 handed weapon
=542 points

Mage 1
-Seerstaff
-Jewel of the dusk
This mage have one of the units o spears as its bodyguard, will go high magic for ward save + extra
=180 points

Mage 2
-Silver wand
-ring of fury
Goes with the other spear unit, high magic for ward save + extra
=185 points

CORE

17 Spearmen
-Full command
will deploy in 3 ranks 6*3 with one of the mages in the front
=178 points

17 Spearmen
-Full command
will deploy in 3 ranks 6*3 with one of the mages in the front
=178 points

SPECIAL

15 White lions of chrace
-Full command
-Banner of sorcery
-Guardian has gem of courage
Will deploy in 3 ranks 5*3. Alot of points in one unit but with stubborn and the chance to take a breaktest with 3dices and it should be hard to kill.
=315 points

5 Dragon princes of caledor
-Banner
Plain and simple, get a charge and do thier jobs
=170 points

5 Dragon princes of caledor
-Banner
Plain and simple, get a charge and do thier jobs
=170 points

1 Lion chariot of chrace
=140 point

1 Lion chariot of chrace
=140 point

RARE

1 Great eagle
=50 points

TOTAL COST=2248

Power Dices 8 + 1d3
Dispel Dices 4 + 1 to all casts

My plan is to have a solid core of spears and axes with some extra ward saves for the spears.

1 chariot + 1 unit of dragon princes of each side and the heavy hitter dragon general where he is needed.

The eagle is warmachine hunter.

i know 2 chariots might be a bit to much but i am so much in love with them, same with the dragon, i realy want a dragon in the army and i am not sure if a dragon mage is worth the points as their defence is not the best, my general have very good defence with 2+ rerollable save + 4+ ward save

My offensive magic should be ok i think might be a bit low on the magic defence.

Please comment this army

Crazy Harborc
24-11-2007, 01:44
Dispel scrolls help.....a lot. Shooting helps soften up units you plan to charge. I would make those two DP units into one unit of 10 DPs.

All that said.......Do what you like and enjoy the army.

MEanBOb12
24-11-2007, 03:32
Id drop one of the chariots for some form of shooting, probally in the form of a bolt thrower, to weaken the enemy before you charge home with the princes. But thats me

Weapon-X
24-11-2007, 04:14
you cannot take seerstaff and jewel of the dusk on the same character, as they are both arcane items. A dispel scroll would work well instead of the jewel though.

Von Wibble
24-11-2007, 10:31
WeaponX is correct. Additionally I am unsure as to where your 8 dice com from

2 base

2 per mage = 4

1 for jewel (if kept)

That's 7 - 6 if you lose the jewel. Average 8 with the banner but you said 8 + D3.

On the army -

I prefer lance to great weapon on mounted character. The charge is all important and that extra S means a lot.

Disagree with Crazy Haborc - 5-6 is optimal for DPs. Shooting affects the the same and all of them can attack. Unless you worry about Ld 9 panic!

Personalm preference is to drop the gem and give the lions the lion standard. Immunity to the one thing that overrides stubborn has to be good. Put the banner of sorcery on the DPs or drop it (with 6 dice before this it won't help that much).

2 chariots is not too much. I always used to have 3-4 when they were 2 for 1.