PDA

View Full Version : slann lores

weejee
24-11-2007, 00:08
what lores wuold work best for a lvl4 Slann, facing dwarves? im thinking metal would help with the rune items, and then theres the always usefull heaven, life, and light lores. so many choices!!!

Lander
24-11-2007, 00:22
Pick the three you think will work the best and roll 2 to 1 for each. I'd go with Metal, Shadow, and Heavens.

Red_Lep
24-11-2007, 00:25
From what I've seen the biggest threat of Dwarves is their runes and armor save. Metal can help with both of those.

Flypaper
24-11-2007, 01:18
Metal for sure.

Older discussion on Slann lores: linky (http://warseer.com/forums/fantasy-tactics/111637-picking-slann-spells.html)

studderigdave
24-11-2007, 03:55
when in doubt, go with the "leman russ" tactic with the slann, just aim for lots of magic missiles. prolly less effective agaibst swarves then my normal opponent (skaven) but i always trust a magic missile.

forgottenlor
24-11-2007, 09:19
Whats so great about the slaan is that you get to decide as you go. Against dwarves I would definately take metal and depedning often I find light and heaven very useful choices. Dependning on the terrain life might also be good since their are 2 anti warmachine/shooting spells.

Flypaper
25-11-2007, 02:07
when in doubt, go with the "leman russ" tactic with the slann, just aim for lots of magic missiles.
Not on a Fourth Gen. That tactic's only useful on a Second Gen because it maximises the number of 'bonus' dice you get. Using the same tactic on a Fourth Gen just leaves you with a 400+ point artillery piece who's significantly less effective than 400 points of warmachines from a 'proper' shooty army, and who can also get dispelled. :(