PDA

View Full Version : Hell Cannon question

warpmaster
24-11-2007, 05:13
Can i use a Hell Cannon in a normal chaos army and use it at a event that doesn't allow armies from the SOC book?

pcgamer72
24-11-2007, 07:25
It is normally allowed in normal Chaos armies. The question about tournaments should really be directed to the director of the specific event.

Fate
24-11-2007, 11:53
Actually it goes like this, there is nowhere that says that you can't use the SoD rules. However if you have a look at the rules for GW tournaments, they don't allow it so the way it goes here, we use the same rules for tournaments as GW. and even for normal games we use it so a hell cannon will only play if the opponent aproves it.

Course that's us here, you should be free to decide in friendly games wheter or not to take it.

warpmaster
25-11-2007, 03:58
Cheers guys

Chicago Slim
25-11-2007, 14:08
Just to help confuse the issue further: it depends on where you're playing. While the UK Grand Tournament didn't allow SoC or Lustria armies, this year's US GT events all DID allow SoC and Lustria armies (with the exception of Grimgor's, and maybe a couple of others whose books have been re-done since SoC and Lustria came out).

But, even at the US GT, there's no indication that a Hellcannon could be used in a Hordes of Chaos army (as it's listed only in the Archaeon's Horde armylist).

See http://gt.us.games-workshop.com/Rules/wh_lists.htm

warpmaster
25-11-2007, 21:22
But, even at the US GT, there's no indication that a Hellcannon could be used in a Hordes of Chaos army (as it's listed only in the Archaeon's Horde armylist).

Hmm i think theres somthing in the Direwolf FAQ that says the hell annon can be used it a normal HOC list,but i maybe reading to much into it.

Lorcryst
25-11-2007, 22:03
Storm of Chaos book, page 16, just below the stat lines for the Hellcannon :

0-1 Hellcannon of Chaos may be taken in a Mortal Chaos army counting as two Rare choices.

And then, on page 18 of that same book, we find the Archaon's Horde army list, where the Hellcannon isn't limited to 0-1 and counts as a single Rare choice.

So, in short : a single Hellcannon taking two Rare choices is valid and legal in a Horde of Chaos army led by a Mortal general.

Chicago Slim
26-11-2007, 03:40
(But possibly not in the US GT, where it appears that the Hordes of Chaos army must come entirely from the Hordes of Chaos book; notably, that would also prevent Beastmen from appearing in an HoC list-- but that's what the link I cited above seems to suggest).

To recap the thread, then: legal for normal use. Check your tournament rules before making plans, as it's hard to say how they'll rule, unless you get an explicit confirmation from that particular tournament.