PDA

View Full Version : "All Mounted" HE

Corrupt
24-11-2007, 10:42
Just thinking about a modelling oppertunity for a small 1000pst campaign force
I know we can't do this any more via the rules, but how about using ponies laden down with kit, each carrying two elven civilians with longbows to represent archers? Just for the modelwise all mounted look.
Ruleswise there'd be no change

Urgat
24-11-2007, 11:02
HE archers on ponies? Lol sure, go for it, it's gonna look smart :D

Bregalad
25-11-2007, 09:21
Mounted troops "counting as" not mounted is always counter-intuitive and problematic, esp. when in addition two Elves "count as" one.
Noble Elves stapled on tiny horses like Hobbits look stupid and ridiculous, when their brethren ride big white horses and chariots are drawn by big lions. Only do it with tolerant opponents and as "comic relieve".

Angry Lawyer
25-11-2007, 11:54
You could build your archers to look like Ellyrians, and just plonk a few horses onto a base and have the horses placed on the board just for flavour (with no effect on the actual game).

-Angry Lawyer

mistformsquirrel
25-11-2007, 23:10
You could build your archers to look like Ellyrians, and just plonk a few horses onto a base and have the horses placed on the board just for flavour (with no effect on the actual game).

-Angry Lawyer

I think this is what I'd recommend as well.

They ride to the battle, dismount, and fight on foot, then saddle up again when they leave.

marneus54
25-11-2007, 23:53
You can get mounted archers from historical battles. Its the same size as fantasy and you should look into sarmatians as they have a more peasant feel to them.

theunwantedbeing
26-11-2007, 00:00
You could just intermingle horses in dresses with bows and quivers on 2 20mm bases each into the unit.....that would be funny.