PDA

View Full Version : 2000 and 3000pt. HE

CHOOBER SNIPES
24-11-2007, 15:22
I hav recently made 2 new HE armies, one 2000, one 3000. Any suggestions would be helpful
2000 pt. List
Noble
Armor of Caledor
Guardian Phoenix
BSB
Great Weapon 167 pts.

Noble
Star Lance
Barded Horse
Enchanted Shield
Heavy Armor 155 pts.

Mage
2 Dispel Scrolls 140 pts

Mage
2 Dispel Scrolls 140 pts.

2X 21 Spearmen
Full Command 214 pts.====>428 pts

2X 5 Dragon Princes 150 pts====>300 pts.

12 Swordmasters
Champion 192 pts.

10 White Lions
Champion 162 pts.

7 Shadow Warriors 112 pts.

2 RBT's 200 pts.

Total: 1996 pts

3000 pt. List

Archmage
Book of Hoeth
lvl. 4 360 pts

Mage
Lvl. 2
Ring of Fury
Silver Wand 185 pts.

Mage
Lvl. 2
Dispel Scroll
Seerstaff 185 pts.

Noble
Great Weapon
BSB
Armor of Caledor 143 pts.

Noble
Barded Horse
Star Lance
Enchanted Shield
Heavy Armor 155 pts.

3X 21 Spearmen
Full Command 214 pts.=====>642 pts.

10 Archers 110 pts.

2X 5 Dragon Princes 150 pts.====>300 pts.

11 Swordmasters
Champion 177 pts.

12 Swordmasters
Champion Banner of Sorcery 254 pts.

10 White Lions
Champion 162 pts.

8 Shadow Warriors 128 pts.

2 RBT's 200 pts.

Any suggestions readily accepted. feel free to butcher them.... but not TOO much hehe. anyway, trying to fit chariots in to each, but not sure what to take out, I was thinking the Shadow Warriors, but any other ideas would be welcome. Also, I am contemplating combining the 2 SM units in the 3000 list, and shaving a few guys off. Im not sure about this tho cus whenever i use them, it pays off to hav more units, more frontage. Really the back rank is only there to replace casualties, its only the front 6 or 7 guys that count. Obviously, the 1st list is very not magicy and the second one is very magicy, is the 1st lists magic defense good enough tho? Also, is the 2nd one's offense good enough, ive never played a 3,000 pt. game. I was hoping 11-13 PD+1 bound spell was good enough, but i really hav no idea. Should i replace the cavalry noble with another mage with jewel of the dusk and something else, raising it to 14-16 PD+1 bound spell?

MEanBOb12
25-11-2007, 01:27
In both, i would probally get rid of the small units of swordmasters and put in the chariots you want, or some more white lions. The swordmasters are very fragile, so those small units would get shot to pieces. Also, in both lists, i would get rid of the shadow warriors for an eagle. And in the 3000pts, i dont see the point to the 10 archers, you already have 2 repeater bolt throwers. Once again you could probally use these points to get another chariot. Otherwise your list looks good, especially the units of 21 spearmen:).

CHOOBER SNIPES
25-11-2007, 04:42
Thank you for the advice, dont know why the archers were in there, i was deciding between them and shadow warriors and forgot to take em out. This may sound stupid but i hav been experimenting with very small SM units. I used 2 units of 6 SM's. They walked directly behind the spears, so were protected from enemy fire, and right before the spears engage, they move a little to gain LOS to where the enemy will be once they engage. So, when the enemy charges the spears, next turn they get a flank full of SM attacks. Its worked really well, but it has been in small games lik 1000-1500 pts. anyway, about the eagles, i dont really hav access to the model, and at this point need other stuff more desperately (ex. White Lions). again thanks for the advice and i can fit a chariot in in place of the archers. Ill find another spot to squeeze out the points to fit in another chariot.

That Guy
25-11-2007, 05:25
I've gotta disagree with the 21-man spearmen units. They're just not killy enough to warrant the extra frontage. I'd drop them to 20 and deploy them 5X4. You'll lose your rank bonus more slowly that way.

Archers are really bad. I also find Shadow Warriors to be bad. I'd drop the archers for another RBT. I can see how Shadow Warriors would be a preference thing though. Also, Great Eagles are fantastic. Maybe the best unit in the old book and still a great one, the only problem is you can only get the models through mail order (wtf?)

I also feel like you should get rid of two or three dispel scrolls on the 2000 point list. Probably 2. 4 Scrolls plus your +1 to dispell is WAY overkill. What happens if your opponent only has a scroll caddie? Or is Dwarves? That's a lot of wasted points. I've found two scrolls stop what HAS to be stopped, and my dispel dice do the rest, and then what gets through isn't so bad.

For what it's worth, I recommend the Tiranoc chariot over the Chrace one. It can't break a unit on it's own, but it's so much cheaper and only requires a little extra thinking to get the desired effect. Now, of course, if you think the lions simply kick ass, well then, who am I to disagree?

CHOOBER SNIPES
25-11-2007, 17:36
My idea with the 21 spearmen units is to deploy as seen fit, if its something thats easy to kill (ie night goblins) then ill go 7X3, but if its something lik dwarves or whatev ill go 5X4 with one on back. in terms of the scrolls, im going to drop 2, but where should i put the points? I was thinking it might be good to drop shadow warriors and add another 5 man unit of DP's. Every time ive used them they are awesome, and they always break through what i charge with them. Thanks for the advice, and i kinda agree on tiranoc chariot part. really you only need a lion one if u dont hav any or many heavy hitters. i already hav DP's, SM's and WL's, so ill probably go for a tiranoc. Besides, once my tiranoc chariot killed a dragon :)

CHOOBER SNIPES
30-11-2007, 00:33
I am thinking of dropping the shadow warriors for an eagle and tiranoc chariot if i can squeeze out some more pts. but that would leave 2 RBTs as my only shooting, and i hav no magic either. would it be feasible to drop one of the scroll caddies altogether, as im dropping to Dispel scrolls anyway. then i could keep shadow warriors, and get another unit of SM's or WL's.