PDA

View Full Version : Questions - Ebay.

Lostanddamned
24-11-2007, 18:06
I am currently rather hugely in debt (for someone with no income), and as a result have decided to sell anything I don't use on ebay.

The biggest things are two Warhammer armies.

The first is a Tyranid army consisting of the Current Battleforce and the Army deal, (Hive Tyrant, 9 Warriors, a Lictor, 24 Gaunts, 24 Hormagants, 6 Ripper Bases, 7 Genestealers, 8 Genestealers, 3 Ravenors, a Zoanthrope and Carnifex), all painted to a good tabletop standard, and based well.

The other is all my old chaos: 24 Warriors, Archaon, A Ltd ed Sorceror, Crom, Ltd Ed Standard Bearer, Ltd ed Marauder, 5 Marauder Horse, 5 Chaos Knights, 6 Chaos Ogre Conversions, 36 Marauders, and a Hellcannon) All painted to a basic tabletop standard, and based well.

My questions are - what reserve do I ask, and how much money should I expect to earn from them? I have loads of pictures of both, and they are both in good repair (now, I fixed them up earlier)

Also - does anyone have any tips for selling things on ebay for a 1st timer, such as how to attract good attention and so on?

Thanks in advance

RavenMorpheus
24-11-2007, 18:25
Don't mark the models as "Pro-Painted" ;)

t-tauri
24-11-2007, 18:26
What's your feedback like? Don't try and sell with low (zero) feedback and a new account. You'll find it difficult to shift anything for a decent price.

Unless the army is fantastically painted and themed I'd always sell by units. You pay more in fees but almost always get more bids and a better price. Far more people want a unit of Knights than want an entire chaos army.

I wouldn't have a reserve as it puts bidders off. Better to start at 99p and get bids and watchers than start with a reserve and only get a few interested.

Decent pictures and a title which includes "Warhammer 40k" is pretty much essential. Sell to worldwide rather than just the UK. Get a paypal account set up.

As regards prices it depends on the painting. Decent painted will get 1/2 to full retail, maybe a little more. Quality painting or rare models or unusual conversions will push that up. Price on ebay can vary enormously-you need two interested bidders. ;)

Crube
24-11-2007, 18:33
Also, dont be duped into paying for listing enhancments you dont need.

I tend to start most things at 99p, with a standard listing, with picture.in the listing. No complaints from me so far.

Also, look at when your auction will end. I always for either a 7 day auction to end on a Sunday evening, or a 10 day auction ending the same time (so starting Thursday evening)

The longer it's on for, the more people get the chance to see it.

Lostanddamned
24-11-2007, 18:56
so t-tauri - what you are saying is that this isnt actually an option for me, as I don't have an account, and shockingly enough I cannot afford to buy stuff. great.

Crube
24-11-2007, 18:57
Do any of your friends have an account with some feedback on, that they'd be prepared to let you sell through?

Or you could post a sale thread on the Trade forums here...

Lostanddamned
24-11-2007, 19:32
I'm sure some of my mates do actually - thats a bloody good idea crube.

cheers.

Karhedron
24-11-2007, 20:25
My first option would actually be to sell here on Warseer. You can name your price, post as many pictures as you like and it is free. Granted selling for cash here is hard but since you have nothing to lose you can always give it a go. Anything that you don't manage to shift could then go on eBay at a later date.

t-tauri
24-11-2007, 20:35
so t-tauri - what you are saying is that this isnt actually an option for me, as I don't have an account, and shockingly enough I cannot afford to buy stuff. great.
It's still an option. You just won't get as much as if you had some decent feedback. Zero feedback sellers are less effective at attracting bidders. You could try and find a trading assistant on ebay who'd sell them for you and take a commission.