PDA

View Full Version : Choas Dreadnought

ferrus
24-11-2007, 23:14
When the hell are they going to replace it. It looks ridiculous amongst all the post 3rd edition releases. 3 codices too! Every other army has had their model updated as well...

Stella Cadente
24-11-2007, 23:34
probably never

*hugs Forgeworld*

dcikgyurt
24-11-2007, 23:45
The Chaos dreadnought generally serves at best as a basis for conversions, but that said, a plastic version would be better.

Catachant
25-11-2007, 00:46
It shouldn't be that hard for GW to come out with considering they already have the loyalist Marine Dread in plastic.

Filthy O'Bedlam
25-11-2007, 01:32
I don't think it's really a priority for GW right now, which is unfortunate, because not everyone can afford FW Dreads.

Bloodknight
25-11-2007, 01:38
Well, the FW dreadnought is only slightly more expensive than the metal figure (which is in turn not really more expensive than the plastic SM dread model), so basically there is no reason to buy the metal or the plastic guy.

That said, I still like the good old Chaos dread. I would replace one with a Forgeworld model for looks but fail to see the sense in it - the Dread sucks in game terms and I already own two of the metal models.

RUSSADER
25-11-2007, 01:51
Yeah, I'd agree. The only way a Dread is only really useful if you buy a FW dreadclaw and deepstrik it far away from your own men. But then theres the issue of 80 pounds for a drop pod.

So the only real reason to buy a new dread is if 2 things happen, you have a but load of free money, or they remake the dread claw out of plastic.

The latter is very reasonable if youve ever seen on in reality. I't gotta be the most basic, least detailed, overpriced model FW has. But while very reasonable also very unlikely.

Cry of the Wind
25-11-2007, 04:44
It would be nice to see a new model wouldn't it. At least the FW one is only about $10 more expensive, and really that's worth it if you look at how much cooler they are than any other dreadnought model. Still sad to be forced (and lets face in this case you really are) to go FW for any part of your codex force, also Drop Pods I'm looking at you too...

Shibboleth
25-11-2007, 04:56
The current metal one can look alright if you replace the crappy skulls with more realistic plastic ones, as well as replacing the weapons with more current looking ones.
But yeah, that shouldn't be compulsory for everyone who wants a good looking dread from their local store.

Preston
25-11-2007, 05:27
I just bought the plastic SM dread and used vehicle bits from the chaos sprue to chaos it up.

MuttMan
25-11-2007, 05:58
Chaos Dreads are a little pointless these days. Why bother?

Gorbad Ironclaw
25-11-2007, 07:32
I rather like the Chaos Dread, but then, I can remember when it was released as well. So many cool weapon options back then, shame they are all Dread CCW now!

Bloodknight
25-11-2007, 13:34
Yep. I would have loved to see a Dread Thunderhammer or the Power Scourge back.

aberrant_unc
25-11-2007, 14:42
It likely wouldn't sell much under the current rules, so I doubt they will update it.

PS filthy o bedlam.... your avatar is taken here.

Obliterati
25-11-2007, 15:13
Yeah, new Dread models. They'd look real spiffy while blasting my own units to hell.

Eh, sorry. Nobody likes a whiner. I too would like to see a plastic Dread kit for Chaos. My 2 metal Dreads look kind of embarrasing to be honest. I do have a FW model that looks pretty nice, but it's all a moot point anyway. All three of them are just collecting dust on the shelf now.

studderigdave
25-11-2007, 16:02
so many dred haters out there now. anywho, thankfully i play deathguard, so my dread is just a puddied up plastic SM dred.

Calistarius
25-11-2007, 18:05
My Chaos Dreadnought plays double-duty as a Furioso Dreadnought - a plastic SM Dreadnought kit with the skulls and silly iconography scrapped off and a Furioso right arm (with an extra Furioso claw for the left arm).

Colonel Kevlar
25-11-2007, 20:33
Although a new Dread would be great, especially since the codex just came out. Personally I love the old one, with some spikes removed. If they redid the Dread without the tube, head, and alternative hips (compared to the SM one, which I don't know how it moves :p) I just wouldn't be interested in chaos (the current Dread is what got me into chaos orrigenally, so i'm biased)

The Kevlar Colonel