PDA

View Full Version : What would you take out of a burning building?

cpl_hicks
24-11-2007, 23:08
You are walking down a street late at night, in the distance you see a glow. As you approach you see that a building is on fire, you are unable to see what the main purpose of the building is due to the smoke and flame, as such you do not know what is in the building.

You are the only person around, you cannot contact anyone and you have the opportunity to remove one item from the building, what do you remove?

Terminatorphoenix
24-11-2007, 23:14
your avatar and put it on my msn.

....The fridge?

Neknoh
24-11-2007, 23:17
The chemical reaction that is the fire?

Angelwing
25-11-2007, 00:17
The oxygen. Smart alec answer aside, you say we don't know whats in the building, so I would go with the first person I see in the building. If all I can find is roaring flames, I'll remove myself from the building.

schoolcormorant
25-11-2007, 00:26
Toaster.

My one isn't big enough to take proper toasting bread without bending the edges.

SC

kaimarion
25-11-2007, 00:27
All the evidence that could prove who started the fire ;) .

der_lex
25-11-2007, 00:33
If there's any human or animal left in there, I'd take them. If it's a matter of looting, I wouldn't be in there anyway...

RavenMorpheus
25-11-2007, 00:39
You are walking down a street late at night, in the distance you see a glow. As you approach you see that a building is on fire, you are unable to see what the main purpose of the building is due to the smoke and flame, as such you do not know what is in the building.

You are the only person around, you cannot contact anyone and you have the opportunity to remove one item from the building, what do you remove?

Nothing - I'd dial 999 and then swiftly leave the area in case of explosions.

USABOB
25-11-2007, 01:25
I really don't know what would be valuable enough to risk you life to go into a flaming building, other than another human being. Everything that is worth anything in todays society (electronics, dvds, cds, wargaming minis :p, etc.) would already be melted and/or completely destroyed if the building was glowing and enveloped in thick smoke. And since I am unable to determine if the building is an abandoned warehouse or jewelry store I really wouldn't risk it. Best to stay outside and breakout the marshmallows.

Lord Lucifer
25-11-2007, 01:27
Think I've heard this one before, 'the fire' was the lame answer

Finnigan2004
25-11-2007, 02:06
I just have to wonder where exactly you would put the massive, uncontrolled fire after you removed it.

sucramreverse
25-11-2007, 02:15
who cares where you put the fire? You just saved a building, therefore the day! put it in the hospital for all I care...

RampagingRavener
25-11-2007, 02:22
I just have to wonder where exactly you would put the massive, uncontrolled fire after you removed it.

Why, you'd put it out, of course. :p

*ba-dum tsh*

TheNZer
25-11-2007, 03:19
The phone then i'd dial 111 (or 999 depending on where It was,) then run like anything.

Lord Lucifer
25-11-2007, 08:03

I'd throw it at Godzilla whilst shouting HADOKEN!

mistformsquirrel
25-11-2007, 08:56
I would remove...

Me. Quickly. >.< So as to avoid suspicion and hide the accelerants. >.> /pyro

ArtificerArmour
25-11-2007, 09:54
Think I've heard this one before, 'the fire' was the lame answer

That's the answer a Terry Pratchett character gave.

theunwantedbeing
25-11-2007, 11:26
Seeing as the smart alecky answers have all been taken......

The till, and the money inside it.
Nobody around, I get away with it.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
25-11-2007, 12:45

Having been in a house fire, I can tell you the only thing I'd take out of a burning building is myself. Not a good place to be in.

I really don't know what would be valuable enough to risk you life to go into a flaming building, other than another human being. Everything that is worth anything in todays society (electronics, dvds, cds, wargaming minis :p, etc.) would already be melted and/or completely destroyed if the building was glowing and enveloped in thick smoke. And since I am unable to determine if the building is an abandoned warehouse or jewelry store I really wouldn't risk it. Best to stay outside and breakout the marshmallows.

You'd be surprised. The Flatmates who more or less started it (long story) had their room utterly gutted by the fire, but my room, just across the landing (about 2.5' away) was more or less untouched. The videos highest on the stack, and the knob on my TV aerial were the only thing I lost!

Agrip. Varenus Denter
25-11-2007, 16:11
I don't loot, and it'd be rather reckless to enter a burning building... so it's kind of a moot point.

Adept
25-11-2007, 18:11
I'd take their solid gold toilet bowl.

I've always wanted one of those...

killa kan kaus
25-11-2007, 18:42
Living in San Diego CA I was almost faced with burning buildings in a scarily personal way
to your Q I am not sure

Karhedron
25-11-2007, 21:09
The oxygen.

Great, so anyone who might have survived the fire would now be suffocated instead. :p

To be honest, unless I thought my next of kin were in a burning building I would stay a (very) safe distance away and leave it to the proffesionals. Unless you are lucky, have-a-go heroes tend to just be one extra body that the fire brigade need to get out when they arrive.

CauCaSus
25-11-2007, 21:51
TEH F1RE!!!1 LOLZ!

oh, someone already said that :(