PDA

View Full Version : Breaking chariots

Dragon Prince of Caledor
25-11-2007, 02:20
When my star lance toting character smashes into a unit of tomb kings chariots and destroys all 3 because of his strength seven do i get 3 or 9 wounds for combat res? (i would think 9 because they are worth 3 per chariot):)

Atrahasis
25-11-2007, 02:45
Yes - a chariot wounded by a high strength (7 or more) hit explicitly loses all of its remaining wounds (cf p63) and so that is the number added to CR.

Bretonnian Lord
25-11-2007, 03:16
I think you'd only get 3 CR. A chariot is auto destroyed by strength 7 attacks, but you're not actually doing 3 wounds to the chariot- you're doing 1 wound that auto kills it. Therefore even though you've destroyed all 3 chariots you've only done 3 wounds.

I'm not a rules nut so I may be wrong, that's how my friends and I interpret it. :confused:

Urgat
25-11-2007, 08:29
Yes - a chariot wounded by a high strength (7 or more) hit explicitly loses all of its remaining wounds (cf p63) and so that is the number added to CR.

Yeah, but doesn't it amount to one guy killing, say, a lord thanks to one lucky killing blow, while failing his other attacks? If I'm not mistaken he guy only gets +1 CR in this case (he dealt only one wound).

WLBjork
25-11-2007, 08:32
There's a difference in the wording, Urgat.

A model that suffers a KB result is slain outright - no mention of remaining wounds.

A chariot wounded by a S7+ attack loses all it's remaining wounds.

Gorbad Ironclaw
25-11-2007, 10:16
Wasn't Killing Blow stated to count as the remaining wounds as well for CR/overkill?

ZomboCom
25-11-2007, 10:24
gorbad: in a 6rh ed faq, yes, in 7th, no.

theunwantedbeing
25-11-2007, 12:14
You get 9 wounds as you caused 9 wounds.
Each single hit was multiplied into 3 wounds.
3 x 3 = 9

Chariots dont work like killing blow as they are worded better.
it doesnt say the "chariot is slain" it says "the chariot loses all its remaining wounds".
Killing blow needs that wording but it doesnt have it, leading people to belive that you only cause 1 wound for a killing blow hit.

I personally play it the same way as with a chariot as it seems fairer.
Seeing a hero get decapitated is going to really shake you up, more than seeing a normal trooper suffer the same fate.

logan054
25-11-2007, 13:01
You score the wounds for the model just as you do with killing blow, i think it actually states this in the tomb king book, cant say i have ever had any issues with this in my games, sounds like someone trying to pull a fast one.