PDA

View Full Version : It's time to brag!

CommissarTanith
25-11-2007, 04:53
What, in your opinion, is the coolest thing to happen to you in a game of 40k? For me, it happened last night when i shot 2 lasguns at a Hive Tyrant, wounded him with both, and he failed his 2+ armor save. Both times. And they were his last two wounds.

What about you guys?

Terminator chaplain
25-11-2007, 05:00
my space marine scouts taking out a squad of grey knight termies, after the termies tank their difficult terrain move 3 turns in a row. they were stuck in only 4 inches of terrain. i then promoted the scouts to full astartes.

AbyssRaven
25-11-2007, 05:21
Ages ago, in 3rd ed when a lone blood claw killed a Bloodthirster in 1on1 combat. he had no PW, no PF. Just BP/CCW. took it from full wounds to dead in 2-3 rounds of cc

Power Armored Zombie
25-11-2007, 05:33
a long time ago in a game of 3rd ed.

it was chaos vs IG and the IG player only had like a platoon and a unit of rattlings left while the chaos player had only lost like 3 models. He deepstrikes his unit of like 20 Terminators and opens fire killing all but 1. He then charges next turn and only gets one termie in combat and misses all attacks, the rattling then strikes back and kills his opponent. The IG player wins combat and the termies ran, the rattling sweeping advanced and killed the whole unit. The Chaos player then conceded:D

PAZ

Stormhammers
25-11-2007, 05:42
when all seemed lost, I had one guard squad holding a bridge, as one of his marines squads come across the bridge, my flamer and his squad (about 8 strong) move out of cover and open fire. The flamer catches 6 marines under the template and by some miracle, they all die. The marines, now down to just 4 men stand their ground as the guardsmen assault them. The riflemen all die, but get the marines down to just 2 men, the last guardsman standing...the flamer, took his 2 attacks, and down went the last to marines. That model is now forever known as the "famous flamer" not sure that is a good name to have, but that same flamer went on to score a vast number of kills during the Medusa Campaign and in other games, and has yet to ever be killed (now he is jinxed, damn)

Comrade JC
25-11-2007, 06:02
A 5 man scout squad (formerly lead by Sgt. Naaman, but this was 4th Ed, so no more) with BP/CCW were deployed way up in cover on the right flank of my army. They were there to give the tyranids something to think about and hopefully make the bugs run through a smaller space. By a slight distance miscalculation on the scouts part and 6 for fleet of foot, 12 genestealers got the charge on Naaman's squad (still like the name). The mighty nid charge was able to kill only a single scout. The rest of the scouts proceeded to rip the stealers to shreds, winning the first and second round of combat after which the stealer broke on their 10 leadership and were annihilated in a sweeping advance.

Either that, or the same squad (with actual Naaman this time, back in 3rd Ed) was moving through some trees when lo and behold they come accross the Red Terror. Well apparently the Red Terror is very adept at lascannon dodging as all my big guns only dealt one wound (taking it to two). All the scouts missed or failed to wound, leaving only Naaman. Sure enough two shots, two wounds and no more Red Terror.

RavenMorpheus
25-11-2007, 06:05
What, in your opinion, is the coolest thing to happen to you in a game of 40k? For me, it happened last night when i shot 2 lasguns at a Hive Tyrant, wounded him with both, and he failed his 2+ armor save. Both times. And they were his last two wounds.

What about you guys?

Yawn, been there done that, lord of change with sniper rifles armed scouts, terminators with bolt pistols etc.

Laws of probability say it has to happen sometimes.

Stormhammers
25-11-2007, 06:11
well true, it will happen sometimes, but sometimes people also get royal flushes or bowl a 300 game, but it doens't happen often, so when it does, it is reason to rejoice.

Chaplain Mortez
25-11-2007, 06:15
I have three.

The first one is when I had one of my Templar standing all by himself within five inches of a Carnifex that had only one wound left. It was charge, or be charged. The Templar gripped his power axe and leaped for the head of the beast--killing it before it could strike back.

That same Black Templar jumped a fence in another game and shot a Demon Prince dead with a bolt pistol. This was after I fired 3 lascannons and 5 plasma guns at it and all of them failed to either hit or wound.

A 200+ point unit of Grey Knight Terminators deep striked next to a unit of Gretchin. The Grots killed 3 with their blastaz and an Ork with a rokkit shot the uber lord in the chest and he died due to instant death. Four ones, all at the wrong place at the wrong time.

marneus54
25-11-2007, 06:26
I dropped multiple bio-acid spore mines all over the place, 9 total, they all dropped at the same time. 2 scattered and the scatters allowed them to form a 'line of spore mines' 2 inches apart. My opponent (black templars) moved a predator to close to one and it blew up, I immobilized it. The explosion of one triggered the other and so on until it came to the last where a rhino full of marines were blow to bits by the explosion. He was so mad I just laughed so hard. :evilgrin:

CommissarTanith
25-11-2007, 07:07
Yawn, been there done that, lord of change with sniper rifles armed scouts, terminators with bolt pistols etc.

Laws of probability say it has to happen sometimes.

You don't really have to come in here and TELL me you don't think it's interesting. You could just stay away....

Because I honestly don't really care.

TheNZer
25-11-2007, 07:21
When my Mortar knocked out a Chimera

CommissarTanith
25-11-2007, 07:27
When my Mortar knocked out a Chimera

Is...is that really the best you can do? C'mon, where's the DRAMA!

KwisatchHaderach
25-11-2007, 07:30
Because I honestly don't really care.

You didn't care SO MUCH that you had to write him back and tell him how much you didn't care.

CommissarTanith
25-11-2007, 07:31
Shut UP! :cries::cries::cries:

TheOverlord
25-11-2007, 07:35
When my DP assaulted some IG and Ultras alongside with a DA assault marine ally, my DP was wiping out whole numbers by himself, removing models from base contact with the DA, disallowing them combat for 3 turns :D Finally rolled badly on my massacre test to be sighted down by 3 missile launchers. It was a bittersweet day for chaos

marneus54
25-11-2007, 07:39
You didn't care SO MUCH that you had to write him back and tell him how much you didn't care.

He said this to inform him that he was being rude. Coming into some one elses house and insulting him. That's rude he merley(sp) pointed that out.

shaso_iceborn
25-11-2007, 07:40
#1 well I don't know if mine is so hot but when I played a game (Tau vrs Marines) with the loot scenario and I didn't lose a single mode but ended up scoring over 4500 VP in a 2500 pt game (didn't quite get that last counter beforerandom game length ended)

#2 when one of my hammerheads managed to survive I kid you not 27 las cannon shots with only a crew shaken result

edit: note this was an apoc battle on #2

Court
25-11-2007, 07:40
Lone Tau Fire Warrior, killin a monster Fex, in CC, with the butt of his rifle.

shaso_iceborn
25-11-2007, 07:41
Lone Tau Fire Warrior, killin a monster Fex, in CC, with the butt of his rifle.

I think you have my Tau beat Lol

marneus54
25-11-2007, 07:46
WOW! That's impossible...not calling you a liar. I would save that tau in a glass case or something special. I'v seen fexes rip thruogh full assult marines without a wound an go on the destroy tanks and stuff. But then he meets the mighty fire warrior!! AND GETS KILLED...by the weakest close combat troop in the game. How ironic, shows how luck really can make this game exciting.

VanHel
25-11-2007, 07:52
I do believe that firewarrior should be promoted to commander.

Stormhammers
25-11-2007, 07:57
wow, I thought my guardsman was tough...

adreal
25-11-2007, 10:47
Hmmm.....well in my first apoc game, an avatar charges one flank, and kills the brass scrop on that flank, he gets shot and there is a mass charge on yhim (i think like 4 or 5 squads and atleast 2 ICs) anyway my sorc jumps in (slaanesh) and my ally wantwed to kill the avatar, I was just back up (it was his brass scorp), well I had the Initive, and killed it, it was great.

The same sorc also has taken down two phoenix lords (barraroth and fuegan) in one game (another apoc game)

My havocs usually kill whatever they shoot at, falcons or land raiders, nothing escapes them.

Last one, 1 lone asp champ with powerfist has ripped all the weapons off a baneblade, while this isn't all that inpressive (he had a powerfist and was attacking the rear armour) he also survived the baneblade shooting him, plasma guns and melta guns shooting at him for atleast 4 turns

Easy E
25-11-2007, 11:09
Shut UP! :cries::cries::cries:

For some odd reason this made me laugh. I guess the suffering of others is amusing to me.

2nd edition. Abaddon walks up to my looted rhino and smashes it to a pulp. It explodes in an impressive and massive manner. This explosion flips the hulk high into the air, where it proceeds to dexcend back to the earth. A large shadow blankets Abaddon. He gulps, and is smooshed by the flaming wreckage. Dead.

Visionary
25-11-2007, 11:21
Playing a special type of game I'd made up which is Dawn of War tabletop (Between a pick-up game and apoc) I turned my enemy's devastators traitor and shot down their commander :)