PDA

View Full Version : What Army ?

The_Daemon_Of_Australia
25-11-2007, 05:02
Hey guys, i havent been on for a while cause i have been very busy with school and workbut i have come back to warseer and i was wondering what army to collect because there are so many choices that im not sure what to collect i was thinking Orks, Necrons, Dark Angels or Chaos Marines but im not sure please hekp me
Thank You
Wade

The_Daemon_Of_Australia
25-11-2007, 05:04
Sorry for the double post but i also forgot to say what about tactics and guides for these armys to please
Thank You
Wade

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
25-11-2007, 05:26
Orks - powerful, big risk - big reward army. or it could be reliable with some builds.

besides - Join the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

chawklitman
25-11-2007, 05:43
death to the false emporer!

the johnanator
25-11-2007, 05:48
I just started Crons and i find them a great army, but this will depend on what sort of fluff you like. Whats your play style?

CommissarTanith
25-11-2007, 07:14
What army you choose depends largely on what you yourself like. I read a couple of the Gaunt's Ghosts books, liked them, and that inspired me to start a Tanith 1st army. Really, it's up to you.

dcikgyurt
25-11-2007, 07:16
Chaos marines, FTW!

The_Dragon_Rising
25-11-2007, 07:37
Orks, chaos and DA all have had/are near to getting, new codices so they are safe choices. DA and Chaos a solid armies which can go many routes: fast, termie heavy, shooty, assualty, etc whereas orks are a more fragile army but are capable of smashing people if played well. They generally can go the routes of: big numbers, shooty, assualty, speed, walker heavy, lots of ordnance. Also orks and chaos allow for more themed armies and orks allow for customisation pretty much everywhere.

Dreachon
25-11-2007, 10:41
You should ask yourself the following.

1. do I want a horde or elite army.
2. do I want 3+ saves or 5+/worse
3. do I want to make an existing army or make my own fluff for it
4. do I want to have everything standard orgo wild with conversions.
5. what do I want the army to play on the battlefield.

Such questions help you to understand your choice better as there's nothing worse thna picking an army cause others said so and you find them not to play the way you would have preferred.

Visionary
25-11-2007, 11:23
You should ask yourself the following.

1. do I want a horde or elite army.
2. do I want 3+ saves or no save?
3. do I want to make an existing army or make my own fluff for it
4. do I want to have everything standard or go wild with conversions.
5. what do I want the army to play on the battlefield.

Such questions help you to understand your choice better as there's nothing worse thna picking an army cause others said so and you find them not to play the way you would have preferred.

Just had to correct one line but otherwise it's perfect ;)

The_Daemon_Of_Australia
25-11-2007, 11:38
This is to the johnanator as a player i am one who would find every possible weakness to an oppenents army find a way to counter it and just bring it down this is if i'm calm if i am mad i will be risk taking and aggresive if i am happy sames as the first so on and so on

to Dreachon questions
1.Don't Care
2.3+ saves
3.i would like to make my own fluff but i dont reall care if i cant
4. a bit of both
5. to be able to be flexible to do pretty much anything

Thanks
Wade

victorpofa
25-11-2007, 12:23
Then it sounds like you will be wanting Marines or Chaos Marines. Necrons fit the 3+ save, but are not very flexible currently. Hard as nails, but not flexible since you need many warriors to counter phase out.

AbyssRaven
25-11-2007, 12:34
Chaos or Marines.
Marines are mroe flexible/customisable in my eyes

The_Dragon_Rising
25-11-2007, 12:51
Going on that i would suggest chaos marines. You get pretty much any fluff you want (still worship emperor but are renegades, worship chaos, etc), they are better to convert than marines(because the astartes are supposed to be straight backed and all the same), and you can use normal marine models for them whereas the reverse doesnt work so well.