PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Bretonnians vs Chaos

Ender101
25-11-2007, 05:07
I'm going to be playing a game next week with my younger brother whom is going to be using my chaos models. And since its been a long time since I used my brets I thought I'd use them. This is the list I'm thinking about, I know that I shouldn't take all the choices I can for the point cost I can't help but think the brets would.

The lord is a hero slayer, issues challenges and generally beats the ever living crap out of anything he runs up against, even chaos lords if I'm lucky. With WS 10, Str 5 with re-rolls to hit and wound and forcing him to re-roll armor saves this should work out nicely.

The damsels will join with the grubby peasants and use their scrolls and the bear's anger to support them.

My afoot knight will join with the pilgrims and make a great line holding unit to support the mounted knights.

The Knights will charge up the flanks supported by fire from the skirmishing bowmen and the treb. looking for the beefiest unit to beat the tar out of, with a little luck and some faith in the lady I should be able to send the dark gods packing.

Feel free to give advice and tear the list apart, I like the criticism. :p

2000pt Bretonnian Army
(1996)

LORD

Ser Renard Lothar, the Red Fox of Arden -226
-Grail Vow
-Virtue of Confidence
-Birth Sword of Carcassonne
-Armor of Algiluf
-Gauntlet of the Duel
-Warhorse

HEROES

Ser Seigfried Marinus -204
-Battle Standard Bearer
-Knight's Vow
-Virtue of Duty
-Banner of the Lady

Ser Erik Bastone -114
-Questing Vow
-Virtue of Empathy
-Gromiril Great Helm
-Great Weapon
-Shield

Lady Caitlyn -155
-Level 2 Wizard
-Hand Weapon
-2 Dispell Scrolls

Lady Serra -155
-Level 2 Wizard
-Hand Weapon
-2 Dispell Scrolls

CORE

Knights of the Realm -241 ((Joined by Lord))
-8 Knights of the Realm
-Full Command
-War Banner

Knights Errant -201 ((Joined by Battle Standard Bearer))
-8 Knights Errant
-Full Command
-Errantry Banner

Men-at-Arms -135 ((Joined by Damsel))
-24 Men-at-Arms
-Muscian
-Standard Bearer

Men-at-Arms -135 ((Joined by Damsel))
-24 Men-at-Arms
-Muscian
-Standard Bearer

Peasant Bowmen -140
-20 Bowmen
-Skirmishers

Peasant Bowmen -140
-20 Bowmen
-Skirmishers

SPECIAL

Pegasus Knights -165
-3 Pegasus Knights

Grail Relique -136 ((Joined by Empathy Knight
-Relique
-9 Pilgrims

RARE

Field Trebuchet -90

Power Dice: 6
Dispel Dice: 4

Models: 127

-Ender

Makarion
25-11-2007, 06:53
Don't you run the risk wasting a huge amount of points if you're up against warriors for the Blood God? Since you know it's going to be some flavour of Chaos, perhaps 4 dispel scrolls is a bit much.

chaos-nightwing
25-11-2007, 08:02
Im a chaos player and i have to say, it depend that the chaos is the mark or WHAT? it is a great different between khrone and Tzeentch.

Generally ur list is pretty decent.but lets just says ur playing with a normal bret army u have too many dispell scrolls. ill only take two if im u. Now u got to be carefull of chaos's mark and magic. Especially tzeentch, which i consider as probabally one of the best magic out of the whole games if u know wat u want.

If ur brother got any hounds, be sure to kill them until they are unit strengths 5 or less, other wise, they will be very distracting and flank u every time u try to attack. They next thing is daemon. Im not so sure can brets uses lore of light since im not an expert bret player but i am a very pure chaos guy. The daemon though are expensive, them have imense power in battle. But they also have weakness. Try and make them take LD ship test so they can run away, e.g. try and outnumber them in battle, etc.

heinrichvoncarstein
25-11-2007, 14:00
ditch sir erik bastone and a peseant unit and get some grail knights. and brets aren't the best hero killers when you think a bret hero killer will slaughter the opponent think again. The chaos lord will usually have and armour save of 1+ so that gives him 3+ re-roll sucsessfull ones but remember that the opponent has magic items to he will generally have a ward save of 4+ and he might have helm of many eyes for example. or think if he manages to get the charge. Also to many peasants to little grail knights. YOU NEED GRAIL KNIGHTS, or at least for the love of god get some questing knights if you refuse to get grail knights.

Jozell
25-11-2007, 17:07
You can only have 1 skirmish unit of Archers, just an fyi...And no grail knights at all? They are your toughest hitters at str 6 on the charge with 2 attacks a piece.

Ender101
25-11-2007, 18:16
Firstly I'd like to thank everyone for their advice. And I too am a chaos player (My brother will be using my army though with different marks and characters and what not) so I know the greatness that is the combat prowess of the dark gods. Now, I don't know how he will deck out his chaos lord, but he might have some resverations about using the talisman that gives the 4+ ward save so I can't really go off of just that. And lastly I made this list late at night ((I was bored but should have looked it over before posting . . . oops)) and did the math wrong, being over by a hefty amount of points.

Thanks for pointing out that the archers can only have one unit skirmishing, I had forgotten about that.

I have a unit of grail knights, the problem with them is that they are very, very expensive so I don't use them very often. I find that while a great heavy hitting unit, they are not always the best choice strategically speaking.

Thanks again and keep the comments coming

2000pt Bretonnian Army
(1989)

LORD

-Grail Vow
-Virtue of Confidence
-Armor of Algiluf
-Gauntlet of the Duel
-Warhorse

HEROES

-Battle Standard Bearer
-Knight's Vow
-Virtue of Duty
-Banner of the Lady

Ser Erik Bastone -114
-Questing Vow
-Virtue of Empathy
-Gromiril Great Helm
-Great Weapon
-Shield

Lady Caitlyn -95
-Hand Weapon
-1 Dispell Scroll

Lady Serra -95
-Hand Weapon
-1 Dispell Scroll

CORE

-8 Knights of the Realm
-Full Command
-War Banner

-8 Knights Errant
-Full Command
-Errantry Banner

Men-at-Arms -120 ((Joined by Damsel))
-24 Men-at-Arms

-24 Men-at-Arms

SPECIAL

Pegasus Knights -165
-3 Pegasus Knights

Grail Relique -118 ((Joined by Empathy Knight))
-Relique
-6 Pilgrims

RARE

Field Trebuchet -90

Grail Knights -200
-5 Grail Knights
-Muscian

Power Dice: 4

Models: 89

Jozell
25-11-2007, 18:29
Will none of your paladin's be mounted? I just noticed that you don't have a mount for your BSB and I think you need to.

Little Aaad
25-11-2007, 20:16
I hope you post a battle report or pm one at least. I want to know how it goes.

insomnia
25-11-2007, 23:04
Correct me if i am wrong or if bretts have special rules.

But you cant have 1 lord and 4 heroes in a 2k game

max total of character is 4.

CHOOBER SNIPES
26-11-2007, 01:07
brets do get extra character, cus they hav mandatory BSB, and theyre HEROIC!!!!

Ender101
26-11-2007, 04:44
Paladins have to be mounted unless they have the Virtue of Empathy, the points for the mount have been included with the characters above.

I plan on posting a report as soon as we play, it will hopefully be sometime next weekend, though something might come up before then. But as soon as I do get to play I'll be sure to let you all know how everything went.

-Ender

redbaron998
26-11-2007, 05:42
Just a thought, but you could try putting your Damsels mounted in the 2nd rank of the KoTR. Have her cast Bears Anger on the Champion...the enemy will be getting much more out of the champion than he bargined for. 5 str 5 attacks = dead just about anything but characters,

Anyways thats just a though, I never saw much point in putting damsels in units of peasents, have one Pally with Empathy and BsB. They will stick around just fine, then ya hit him in the flanks with your knights = enemy unit running with tails in between thier legs

Ender101
26-11-2007, 14:13
I've used that tactic before and it works wonders. But what I want to try is using the damsel to give the peasants a good chance when fighting enemy units, with a good save and a bearish sorceress in their midsts. Its just to try something new and experiment with the army some more.

heinrichvoncarstein
26-11-2007, 18:34
you need a mount for your bsb

Ender101
26-11-2007, 19:05
Again he already had one, I merely forgot to write it in there, his point cost reamains unchanged.

But thanks I should have had it in there earlier.

2000pt Bretonnian Army
(1989)

LORD

-Grail Vow
-Virtue of Confidence
-Armor of Algiluf
-Gauntlet of the Duel
-Warhorse

HEROES

-Battle Standard Bearer
-Knight's Vow
-Virtue of Duty
-Banner of the Lady
-Warhorse

Ser Erik Bastone -114
-Questing Vow
-Virtue of Empathy
-Gromiril Great Helm
-Great Weapon
-Shield

Lady Caitlyn -95
-Hand Weapon
-1 Dispell Scroll

Lady Serra -95
-Hand Weapon
-1 Dispell Scroll

CORE

-8 Knights of the Realm
-Full Command
-War Banner

-8 Knights Errant
-Full Command
-Errantry Banner

-24 Men-at-Arms

-24 Men-at-Arms

SPECIAL

Pegasus Knights -165
-3 Pegasus Knights

Grail Relique -118 ((Joined by Empathy Knight))
-Relique
-6 Pilgrims

RARE

Field Trebuchet -90

Grail Knights -200
-5 Grail Knights
-Muscian

Power Dice: 4

Models: 89