PDA

View Full Version : Hiriling Wizard in Ogre Army

redbaron998
25-11-2007, 05:22
So currently the only thing holding me back from making a Ogres Army is the fact that I really wanna have a Bright Wizard....not to outlandish of an idea fluffwise (He can start cooking fires quickly and after the battle the people he killed are already cooked)

The rules for allowing things to be hire din the PDF dont include Ogres (cause they didnt exist yet...) But I am assuming they would have access being a very mercanry themed army. As for the other units it says any of these (armies that allow DOW) can field any unit in the DOW list.

So Does a Character count as a "Unit" and can I use one? I would really like to have one cuase I love magic and Gut magic (intersting as it may be) doesnt satisfy my lust...for magic.

If I can I figure adding him into a unit of Gnoblers (due to having the same lower M. rate) would do nicely...and give the Gnoblers Ldr 7.

If I cannot do this how can I somehow do sometihng close (though I do still wanna include ogre specific unts.....)

ZomboCom
25-11-2007, 10:41
You can't hire DoW characters other than the truthsayer and dark emmisary.

The truthsayer is awesome in an ogre army btw - he has a spell that returns one dead model to each unit that has lost one!

RavenBloodwind
25-11-2007, 16:31
As ZomboCom stated, you can't hire DoW characters in a non-DoW army. Furthermore as in another thread in this forum, the Truthsayer and Dark Emmisary cannot join units (even in a DoW army).

For this reason, your dreams of a fire-mage in your OK army will have to wait until the DoW get updated with a hireable DoW mage to match the hireable dragon-riding elf.

brambleten
25-11-2007, 17:00
where can i get rules and models for the Truthsayer and Dark Emmisary?

as for DoW characters in a non DoW army, some armies may take Gotrek & Felix

RavenBloodwind
25-11-2007, 17:11
Good point on Gotrek and Felix, and actually if Gotrek dies theoretically Felix could join a unit (at least in their old rules).

As to the albion stuff it's on the GW site (try the UK site, they seem more navigable)

brambleten
25-11-2007, 21:12
cheers, RavenBloodwind, i will try to find it. i wish the GW websites had a decent search engine though. i searched for Dark Emmisary in fantasy, and i got 100 results for DEs

couldnt find it, could someone post the url please?

Noldo
26-11-2007, 07:04
Have you thought about making it actually Dogs of War army, allowing you to have Bright Wizard (Wizard Lord even)?

You would be limited in the number of Ogre units (with even Bulls taking up a special slot), not all units would be awailable (no Gnoblers) and naturally no Ogre characters, but it might still be done.

ZomboCom
26-11-2007, 17:55
Google "Dark Emissary".

This is the second result on the list: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/dogsofwar/gaming/albioncharacters/assets/albion.pdf

Amusingly, the first result on the list is another warseer thread where someone says they can't find his rules!

brambleten
26-11-2007, 18:17
cheers, ZomboCom, a pity the UK site doesnt actually have any albion stuff on it

JackBurton01
27-11-2007, 14:54
A orgre heavy dogs of war army is your best way to go

Mercules
27-11-2007, 18:20
"You leave Jack Burton out of this! He has shown great courage."