PDA

View Full Version : DE help please

UncleCrazy
25-11-2007, 17:33
Ok I have not play any WHFB in about 7 years, and only had a small DE force. Many of my friends here have started playing WHFB again, and I am thinking about getting my army it is in the states and I am over seas.

ok what I remember that I have is:

Hero on cold one.

Sorceress (on display in the GW in Tokyo :'( so I need to make new one) I have an old sorceror from way back in the day (male) that I will try to bring here.

Warriors with spears and shields 15 to 20 not sure These were converted from the very first plastic HE you know the one piece guys. It has a full comand group.

Warriors with xbows 10ish If any one remembers that old box set could you tell me the numbers?

Dark Riders 5

Cold ones 4

Reaper bolt thrower 1

So how many points-ish is this. Yes I know a lot will change with the lords and such but for the base guys how many. Also what should I get to bring it up to 2000 army? I like to shoot people up then charge in to combat. Also I like to make all comers lists too.

Little Aaad
25-11-2007, 20:04
Ok, I would not field what you have in the 7th edition as one, parts are illegal, and two, it doesn't look like it will do very well. Start with 1k, then build it to 2k.

If you like to shoot people, then I would suggest getting another box of warriors and two RBT's. Then get another Sorceress and field the two mages in the crossbows. You will be firing 12 str 4 bolts or 2 str 6 bolts which skewer ranks, and 40 str 3 bolts. This is a good amount of shooting. Not to metion the two chilwinds being cast or black horror if you get it.

Next, You like to kill with combat when they reach. I suggest buying a cold on knight and firld a unit of 5. This is a good unit which is fast and hard hitting. Black Guard as also worth taking because with stubborn they always roll LD tests on LD 9 and get to reroll all missed hits in combat. Finally, to finish off your combat force, some witch elves, corsairs or executioners as a smaller flanking force to flank the units that the BG tie up for you. Some shades and harpies are a must. Dark Riders as a must too.

How do you like the sound of (rip this apart if you wish) this:

Highborn 125
Executioners Axe 80
Heavy Armour 4
Sea Dragon Cloak 6

Sorceress 70
Level 2 40
Dispel Scroll 25
Seal of Ghrond 25

Sorceress 70
Level 2 40
Dispel Scroll 25

Warriors x10 70
Repeating Crossbows 40
(Sorceress goes here) 110

Warriors x10 70
Repeating Crossbows 40
(Sorceress goes here) 110

Warriors x10 70
Repeating Crossbows 40

Executioners x18 (3x6) 198
Full Command 30
(High Born Goes Here) 228

Cold One Knights x5 145
Full Command 45

Shades x7 98 98

Harpies x5 65

Black Guard x21 (7x3) 336
Full Command 35 371

Reaper Bolt Throwers x2 200 200

PD 6
DD 5 and 2 scrolls

PM me if you need to know anything else.

Happy to help, Little!

UncleCrazy
26-11-2007, 03:42
Why not use Spearmen to hold the center and use Blackguard as an assualt unit? Maybe droping one unit of Crossbowmen, and the harpies?

Little Aaad
27-11-2007, 15:56
Why not use Spearmen to hold the center and use Blackguard as an assualt unit? Maybe droping one unit of Crossbowmen, and the harpies?

Possibly, though harpies are generally very needed. Or warmachines rip apart the army. But it is a possibility.

EndlessBug
27-11-2007, 16:17
Blackguard would be the optimal unit to 'hold' due to their Ld 9 and stubborn.

A big unit you have there of BG, expensive as well. Nevertheless they will/should hold against anything.

I'd suggest dropping a unit of 10 RxB's for either another mage or a BSB to further enhance the BG's staying power or make the magic phase actually do something (6 PD usually wont cut it in a 2k list). also, 3 units of ranged support will cause trouble in deployment.

Personally thoguh I'd drop both sorceress's and 1 unit of RxB (413 points) and get:
1 scroll caddy : 120
5 Dark Riders - RxB & mus : 127
1 BSB - SDC, heavy armour, black amulet : 155
shields on one unit of RxB's : 10 points
TOTAL: 412 points

sralialo
27-11-2007, 16:18
Don't leave out the 15-20 strong Dark Elf Warrior unit. They are, as you proposed, good for holding the center. Make sure they're 20 strong, and field a Noble BSB with them. Because the BSB and Standards stack, you get more static combat resolution, and if you give the Noble a Sword of Might, he can kill stuff too, and even better with a Blood Amour, which will make much more survivable as sonn as he kills something.

Dark Riders are good too, if you give the a musician and repeater crossbows.

IMO your staring force isn't bad at all. You can easyli fit it all into a 2000 pts army, but I would start using the models you have (with an extra Cold One Knight to make the unit legal) and get used to the rules before you upgrade. This will give you a better idea of what your style of playing needs in a bigger army.

And good luck! Always nice to hear about more people joining up for the slave raids...

Little Aaad
28-11-2007, 23:04
And good luck! Always nice to hear about more people joining up for the slave raids...

Tch, Khaine will be the most pleased...