15 Skeleton Warriors 125
Musician

3 Chariots 120

3 Carrion 72

Bone Giant 220

994 points

MEanBOb12
25-11-2007, 20:41
Ok first off, a spear wielding hero is pointless. I would just give the tomb prince a great weapon and some armor and leave it at that. He is T5. In my opinion I think the bone giant may be a bit much for 1000pts and i think you should get like 3 ushabti. Also i think you should drop the spears and light armor from the skellies and use the extra points from getting rid of the giant to get more skellies. Hopefully you can get at least one unit to 20 with those points.

UltimateNagash
25-11-2007, 20:53
Yes, but he's a healing spear ;)

How bout this:

Tomb Prince 147
Spear of Antarhak, light armour, Enchanted Shield

Liche Priest 165
Cloak of the Dunes, Neferra's Plaques of Mighty Incantations

19 Skeleton Warriors 157
Shields, Musician

10 Skeleton Warriors 85
Musician

14 Tomb Guard 174
Musician

3 Ushabti 195

3 Carrion 72

995 points

Rattlehead
25-11-2007, 21:06
Hmm.. I don't know what armys you're most likely to play but i don't think this list will win many games..

Starting with the characters - You should swith the spear for a great weapon and give him the collar of shapesh. He needs nothing else. The liche should keep the cloak and get a jar also. ALSO get another lichie, no matter the high point cost. 3 characters are worth it in a TK army even in only 1k.

For core units - Try a big unit with skellies, about 20-25. Either give them HW/shield/LA or just Bows. Never spears. And give them standard bearer and champion. For your second core I'd just go with 10 archers on a flank. Line them and have one of the liches join them at first.

For special you need hitting power. A scorpion is points well spent and 3 chariots are always great, chariots should only have standard, never champion or musician!

For rare i'd pick a screaming scull, cuz it's awsome.
With all this you chould have about 30-40 pts left to spend on a banner for the chariots or someting else you think will be fitting.

Have the prince join the big block of skellies. Let the hierophant start off by the catapult and the last liche with the archers. Center the big block and flank with chariots and TS.
Use the jar to make sure u get that crucial charge with your chariots. (It has won the game for me many times) At fist focus magic on getting the ctatpul fire twice. With free guess second shot you have a big chance of hurting his well armoured units.

This is only my humble oppinion, but I do have alot of exp playing Tk in 1k games and I win alot more then I loose. GL.

forgottenlor
26-11-2007, 06:58
I agree with much of what rattlehead has said. A great weapon and collar of shapesh is extremely efficient for a prince. The spear sounds like a good idea, but with strength 4 you might no be damaging alot.
Never use musicians for undead. Its a waste of points, since you don't need to rally and they only come into play when combat is undecided and losing one extra wound normally doesn't matter.
Giants are very expensive at 1000 points. A giant is a support unit and often has a hard time winning combats alone. He is great in bigger games, but in smaller games a tomb scorpion can do a lot of the same for about 1/3 of the points. Your second list with Ushabit is definately a better troop set up then your first.

grhino
26-11-2007, 10:33
The basic list looks good, but I have to agree about the extra character --> get another liche priest. The prince on foot with a spear is useless, since he will get only his basic S4. Collar of shapesh and great weapon are a lot better indeed.

Furthermore: I agree about just the SB for the chariots. Actually, in such a small game: drop that as well. You are not going to use that unit independently anyway (since you'll want to support other units) and your foot troops should carry the banners for the combat resolution. Musicians are not necessary, but they are characterful for any army so I'd use them.

Bone giant is expensive but still an excellent choice. I my experience it is very frustrating for the enemy to have an enemy that strong up against you. Besides, he's very resillient as well.

Try to get at least one 20 strong skellie unit, because losing this unit will cost you the game (and destroying 15 in one go is more easy and far more likely than 20). Archers for support are a good idea. And last but not least, get that scorpion as it is always worth its point (unless it digs itself in).

Basically: change your list greatly although playing your own first list with just a few changes is possible, just not very competitive. Does provide a good starting point for a bigger army though.

UltimateNagash
26-11-2007, 12:33
See, I like the Giant because it will be unlikely for there to be many high strength attacks at this level...

The fact is, what can I drop to get another Liche Priest and more Skeletons?

Rattlehead
26-11-2007, 16:29
Well based on your last list.. and assuming that you want to use a bone giant, to free up points for another lichie you will need to loose the TG..
Swap the carrion for a scorpion. The way i see it you wont be able to have both giant and the ushabti. I would take any of them and use chariots instead. You Should also drop the musicians and loose the spear for a GW..

As I have already said...? :P

UltimateNagash
26-11-2007, 19:27
OK, so at this level, should I use the Giant or the Ushabti?
That'll help me make a brand new list...

Rattlehead
27-11-2007, 11:06
Try both and see what suits you best..

grhino
27-11-2007, 11:57
I'd go for the giant... much harder to kill and very, very scary. Never know what terror might do for you at the right moment.

Jibbajabba
27-11-2007, 12:51
Giant costs less too, money wise.

UltimateNagash
28-11-2007, 09:26
Tomb Prince 131
Great weapon, light armour, Collar of Shapesh

Liche Priest 160
Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest 155
Staff of Mastery

19 Skeletons 152
Shields

19 Skeletons 152
Shields

750 points ALONE!
I can't get in any of the stuff I want now...

Lucky24/7
28-11-2007, 09:39
Drop the second unit of skellies down to 10 models.

Thats leaves you with 320 points .... now add catapult with skulls of the foe. for 110
That now leaves you with 210 points... now depedning on your choice you can take 3 charriots for flanking.

Drop the staff of mastery for the cloak of the dunes on the liche priest and make this one the hireophant and add them to the catapult.

Now drop the sheils of the smaller unit and this should leave you with 40 points for a banner on the bigger unit and the charriots.... But Im not 100% coz i dont have me book with me atm...

Thats what I would do...... Well no i would just play at 2k + because tomb kings own at this level!

UltimateNagash
28-11-2007, 10:12
Drop the second unit of skellies down to 10 models.
Why?

now add catapult with skulls of the foe. for 110
But that's not what I want... I want big Undead stuff ie Giant or Ushabti...

That now leaves you with 210 points... now depedning on your choice you can take 3 charriots for flanking.
Eh, Carrion are far cheaper and can fly :)

Drop the staff of mastery for the cloak of the dunes on the liche priest and make this one the hireophant and add them to the catapult.
Why not just say drop the Jar off the Priest and have him as the Heirophant?

Well no i would just play at 2k + because tomb kings own at this level!
Yes, but 2000 points is alot of points of stuff to finish making... Plus, in the end, I'm gonna be using a Settra list...
And anyway, this is my 2000 point idea:

Tomb King 268
Destroyer of Eternities, light armour, Collar of Shapesh

Tomb Prince 197
Spear, Chariot, Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt, Chariot of Fire

Liche Priest 160
Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest 155
Staff of Mastery

19 Skeletons 187
Shields, Standard Bearer, Banner of the Undying Legion

19 Skeletons 152
Shields

5 Chariots 270
Standard Bearer, Mirage Standard

4 Carrion 96

Tomb Scorpion 85

Bone Giant 220

Bone Giant 220

2000 points

Warboss Grabsnikk
07-12-2007, 00:46
If you want a list with a big hard hitting unit in it then this list is quite good as it has 2 Liches to let you get your incantations off, 3 Ushabti and also a scorpion in it.

Tomb Prince General [108]
Light Armour
Great Weapon
Shield

Liche Priest Hierophant [135]
Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest [115]

Total Characters 358

19 Skeleton Warriors [181]
LA
Standard

11 Skeleton Archers [88]

Total Core 269

3 Ushabti [195]

Tomb Scorpion [85]

SSC [90]

Special and Rare 370

Total Pts: 997

This is not my list by the way I found it on another site and have played with it once or twice and it is actually a very good.

kyinpie
07-12-2007, 11:43
tomb kings are a difficult army at low point games, i play tomb king alot, so i would recomend this type list:

prince
light armour
shield
*blade of setep

priest (hierophant)
*cloak of dunes

priest
steed
*staff of ravening

skelis x20
light armour
shield
full com
*war banner
(prince here)

archers x10

chariots x3

catapult (foes)

total 997

tactics here are simple so i wont ramble about them.

bone giant and usabti are for hi point games. you wont win many games with them at 1k, and it wont be fun as you'll end up getting frustrated! i take it your new to TK's as your not listening to the others advise and just argueing they're points. just remember that TK's are a very weak army and hard to use! when you learnt how to use them properly (which takes a while, trust me), they can be a very hard army to beat, but still weak.

a stettra list? thats 3k! unless you go all chariots and four princes on chariots it wont work very well, asuming your going to try and cram stuff like giants, usabti into it! any way thats another post!

not having a go, but good luck what ever you decide.