PDA

View Full Version : My Apocalypse addon

Hellebore
25-11-2007, 23:47
I finally finished the document I was working on, it only has eldar units in it for the time being, but when I finish the Imperial sheets I'll add them as well.

You can find the pdf Here (http://www.nationaldinosaurmuseum.com.au/warhammer.htm).

Hellebore

Hellebore
26-11-2007, 05:48
Woops. For some reason there was a stray text box marring my otherwise nice document. I've fixed it and updated the link.

Hellebore

Shibboleth
26-11-2007, 06:01
Suddenly your avatar makes sense. :D

Easy E
26-11-2007, 10:18
Are alot of people at the Museum into GW stuff that they have a section of their website devoted to it? If so, that may be the coolest museum ever!

Hellebore
26-11-2007, 12:44
Are alot of people at the Museum into GW stuff that they have a section of their website devoted to it? If so, that may be the coolest museum ever!

The boss is, and the games club we run is at the museum itself.:cool:

Every Sunday we play wargames and every Monday we Roleplay.

Hellebore

Easy E
26-11-2007, 13:50
Your job rules.

The layout of your PDF is very professionally done. It looks great. I'm not an expert on Eldar vehicles or Apoc (yet), so I won't really comment beyond that.

Gobbo666
26-11-2007, 14:38
There is some apoc datasheets on BoLs with only a few eldar things but many different things from the imperium and orcs

i have a link here:
http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2007/11/play-aid-lords-of-battle.html

Hellebore
26-11-2007, 16:17
Your job rules.

The layout of your PDF is very professionally done. It looks great. I'm not an expert on Eldar vehicles or Apoc (yet), so I won't really comment beyond that.

I did it in Adobe INdesign (the program we use to make our quarterly magazine).

Hopefully I will get my Varyngr Codex done and it will look like this.

Hellebore

Enderel
26-11-2007, 16:28
Very nice Hellebore, nice to see some of Charad's Epic models in there.

Makes me want to go and buy some extremely expensive Forgeworld models now.. :)

Hellebore
26-11-2007, 16:36
Charad kindly gave me permission to put his minis in it. It took me so long to put together because I just didn't have enough pictures, and I wanted to showcase the miniatures of the 40k community rather than just have a nicked GW pic, or a B&W mini pic.

Charad and Patriarch both gave me photos, but I would have liked a larger swathe of the community (although both their painting is so good, I can forgive having half a dozen of each's minis :cool:).

I'm putting my Imperium section together, but it requires pictures too...

Hellebore

Psyren
26-11-2007, 16:44
Well done! Those rules look very good, and the layout is just like GWs stuff. The only small criticism I can think of is that there are a few typos, but they aren't very noticible.

Hellebore
26-11-2007, 16:49
If you could point them out I'll update the master document and replace the pdf on the website. One of the advantages of having too much time and a need for things to be perfect.

Hellebore

Easy E
26-11-2007, 16:50
What kind of things do you need for the Imperiun section?

Hellebore
26-11-2007, 16:53
Hmmm, let's see:

Imperator Titan
Warlord Titan
Warhound Titan
Reaver Titan
Leviathan
Capitol Imperialis
Hellbore
Knight Baron
Castellan
Lancer(?)
(whatever the other one is)

Any painted pics will do.

Hellebore

Grazzy
26-11-2007, 16:54
That warlock battle titan is NASTY. I am now going to have to see whether a 2600 point army of my marines can take it out. I think so, but still.

Hellebore
26-11-2007, 17:00
Points aren't my strongpoint to be honest, and Apocalypse doesn't really encourage balanced points systems (you pay the same for a warhound titan with two turbolaser destructors as you do for one with two inferno guns, or one with two plasma blastguns (ouch) but the turbolasers and blastguns are just so much better...).

I have no problems changing rules/points if anyone actually tries to use them and they end up broken - I have had absolutely no chance to playtest any of it.

The Warlock in EPIC costs the same as a Warlord titan, so I based it around that. If I were to tone it down, I'd either remove the ability to affect two units with one psychic power, remove the ability to cast two a turn, or remove the 4X range (make it 2X or something - the problem here is that in Apocalypse ranges are so big that Farseer powers are going to be useless a lot of the time simply because nothing is within 6" very often - especially if people are paranoid about apocalyptic explosions).

Hellebore

Grazzy
26-11-2007, 17:40
I would tone down the psycic powers. I would remove the ''two units with one power'' thing. Then again, this one model is almost as much as a whole apocalypse army!!

electricblooz
26-11-2007, 17:45
Points aren't my strongpoint to be honest, and Apocalypse doesn't really encourage balanced points systems (you pay the same for a warhound titan with two turbolaser destructors as you do for one with two inferno guns, or one with two plasma blastguns (ouch) but the turbolasers and blastguns are just so much better...).

Hellebore

I'd give some thought to your superheavy tanks - the interaction of the holofields and SMF on a superheavy vehicle will make those things almost indestructible. (i.e. - due to SMF it will take at least 2 hits before you even have the chance of removing structure points - barring D weapons.) In contrast, your scorpion and especially the cobra (as they currently stand) could reliably and easily take down a Baneblade or Warhound in one turn's shot.

I think a reasonable houserule would be to say that SMF does not apply to super heavy vehicles. With this change, your points cost would be about right.

Enderel
27-11-2007, 16:01
Hellebore if you want pictures of Epic models to use I would suggest heading over to

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?

I'm sure some of the extremely talented painters over there wouldn't mind you using their models in your un official publications. Might even give Epic a bit more publicity!

I'll PM you some Knight photo's of miniatures I have.

Dominatrix
27-11-2007, 16:16
Impressive work mate! Me and my friends are trying to come up with some homebrew rules about apocalypse vehicles but this is professional level work! Looking forward to the imperial part! :D