PDA

View Full Version : Amazing high elf army 2,000points.

Stonerkid655321
26-11-2007, 02:02
This army is balanced for combat magic and shooting.

Prince, lance, dragon armour, goblin sheld, vembraces of defence, star dragon.

Nobel, banner of sorcerey, dragon armour.

Mage, level 2, jewel of dusk dispel scroll, talisman of protection.

Mage, level 2, ring of fury.

20 spearmen, standard, musician.

20 spearmen, standard, musician, war banner.

5 silver helms musician.

5 silver helms.

5 shadow warriors.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Eagle.

Eagle.

Prince, great weapon, dragon armour, goblin sheld, vembraces of defence.

21 spearmen, standard, musician, war banner.

5 silver helms, musician, shelds.

Taronic chariot.

5 shadow warriors.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Eagle.

Eagle.

NightLord
26-11-2007, 03:58
That is terrible list arrangement... I assume you want people to review the list even thought the title out right states it as amazing?

Ok...

I think it is a bit boring... The dragon would be better left out of the army... I think the silver helms will be eaten alive... Other than that not bad.

Makarion
26-11-2007, 05:21
Note that it is illegal to list individual point values.

grhino
26-11-2007, 10:43
You are allowed to discuss the units and the possibilities for exchanging units in an army list, right? You can't avoid mentioning the amount of points for a tiranoc chariot, eagle or RBT then, can you?

Stonerkid655321
26-11-2007, 11:05
Spaceman, I always wanted you to go into spaceman.

There is 2 lists.

EndlessBug
26-11-2007, 11:13
Firstly your BSB is not the right points, should be 166 in my book. Secondly lease separate the 2 lists properly, it's very confusing. Thirdly, do you want us to advise or go "ooo, AMAZING list"?

Belerophon709
26-11-2007, 14:51
FYI Warbanner costs 20 points for high elves - 20 spearmen w. musician and standard cost 195 points. 20 of the same with a warbanner would then cost 215 points and not 205 as listed in your first list.

Stonerkid655321
28-11-2007, 02:27
So a dragon no longer counts as a hero choice.

28-11-2007, 04:54
This army is balanced for combat magic and shooting.

Prince, lance, dragon armour, goblin sheld, vembraces of defence, star dragon.

20 spearmen, standard, musician, war banner.

5 silver helms musician.

5 silver helms.

5 shadow warriors.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Eagle.

Eagle.

Prince, great weapon, dragon armour, goblin sheld, vembraces of defence.

21 spearmen, standard, musician, war banner.

Taronic chariot.

5 shadow warriors.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Eagle.

Eagle.

Mr Stonerkid, I'm assuming you titled this to lure us into looking because it's false billing. I'll read it as a plea for help, which is certainly required, in both lists.
* Yes, a dragon does require on of your hero choices. I'd recommend dropping the BSB and keeping the magic since you invested in the Banner of Sorcery.
* Goblin Shield? Is that a new item? I'll assume you meant Golden Shield. Helm of Fortune is cheaper and a bit better IMO as long as your base armor save is good.
* On the two mages Ring of Fury is a must. Give him the Silver Wand to burn the extra 10 pts and increase your odds of getting the spells you need. On the other, the Jewel of the Dusk is a solid choice but that leaves you 35pts, which is hard to use up. Consider the Seerstaff and a Dispell Scroll. You need at least one scroll.
*Spearblocks. Solid choice. You might consider experimenting with blocks of 15 Seaguard with Mu only (or one with FC to get the FAE Warbanner). You can string them out in 2 x 8 formation to shoot in two ranks from a hill or at artillery on a hill and then add a rank for close combat in 3 x 5 with a stand and shoot in the first rank before 15 attacks. So, 20 attacks, same as the spearblock.
* 2 units of Silver Helms. This is where you go off the rails. Your Special choices...Hmm, how do I put this? Well, they suck. This is where all the biggest changes to HE are. Don't get me wrong, I've been running 3 units of them for the last 2 years, but they are just not as compelling as a special choice. Now all that hard work of painting will sit on the shelf until the next revision. I'd sooner take one strong unit of Dragon Princes but White Lions, Swordmasters and Phoenix Guard are better choices - in that order. You could get any one of those 14-strong with a full command for 240 points. You can stick the Banner of Sorcery in here. You have at least 141 points in that illegal BSB.
* With the leftover from the BSB refund, you could probably dump the Shadow Warriors and get two Tiranoc chariots. Always in two's. One just doesn't help much. They could support those spear blocks better than the 5 piddly bow shots from the SW's and the Eagles can handle the redirection and march blocking duty.

As for your second list:
* That expensive Prince on foot is WAY too vulnerable. Personally, I wouldn't field a Prince unless it was on a Dragon. I prefer an Archmage. But accepting your choice. Why not give him a barded steed, the Star Lance, Helm of Fortune, Sacred Incense and Shield. He'll have a 1+ rerollable save and reduce risk of shooting to the unit he's in. Or fiddle around with the gear and get him the Talisman of Loec. It's brutal.
* Your BSB is begging to give points away. He's practically naked. Put the Banner of Sorcery in an Elite Infantry block.
* A 3rd block of spears is a waste. Get another Elite infantry maybe Swordmasters.
* Consider cashing in those Silver Helms and Tiranoc chariot for two lion chariots. Possibly more Str 5 hits on the charge, but just as flimsy as the cheaper Tiranoc.

That's enough for now. See my list posted shortly.

Conotor
28-11-2007, 11:54
If you want to win, high elves just have to take some BS swordsmasters. If you want to have fun playing with someone who doesn't hate you, this is good.

Makarion
28-11-2007, 23:48
If you want to win, high elves just have to take some BS swordsmasters. If you want to have fun playing with someone who doesn't hate you, this is good.

QFI (quoted for idiocy)

Stonerkid655321
29-11-2007, 01:14
QFI (quoted for idiocy)

Can we please not be insulting. Cheers mate.

SV_Harlequin
29-11-2007, 02:59
Horrible horrible list.

For starters the Prince is not equiped well.
A Battle Standard Bearer for a 50pt Banner is pointless when it can go in a Special Regiment. And still even if you didn't want to do that he's lousyly armoured with only the 5+. If you don't want to stick the Banner in a Regiment and so must have the BSB at lwast give him a shield and stick him in a Regiment or mount him.
Mage's Talisman, you only ever stick this on something if you have the points spare at the end of your list, if he's on his own (which we have no idea where these Characters go) and even if he's in a regiment mount him for proper Save.
Why no Champions in the Spears?
5 Shadow warriors will not be effective. If they get attacked they will die instantly and don't have enough attacks on their own to kill a Crew in one turn.