PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a High Elf List

Voodoo Boyz
26-11-2007, 04:28
Alright here's the Bag.

My Wife does not play Warhammer. My wife does love dragons, and actually had me buy the new plastic dragon kit.

She also likes some other models enough to the point where if I collected them, she wouldn't be so opposed to me having a army for HE.

So here's what I'm looking at building a list out of:

Something on Dragon. Probably the Lord Level one, since she wants the first dragon kit to be made with the armor on the guy with the dragon like helmet. I'm not so good on how to kit him, but I was thinking 2+ Armor, 4+ Ward with re-roll armor, a great weapon, and the star dragon would make a nasty combat unit.

After that, she doesn't like the core choices models (which works well, since I don't like the core units much either). So for core I'm thinking 2x10 Archers and calling it a day.

Out of what's left, she likes Dragon Princes and the Lion Chariots. These things are expensive, and I'm still grappling with the idea of having to play an army that moves faster than 3" a turn.

For Rare, she likes Eagles, and I know that I would probably want or need a RBT thrown in to the mix.

Any ideas on how I can combine all these models into an army? Say 2k to 2250 points?

I've no idea how to kit out mages and the like or even if I want to take a BSB or what other characters. So general advice would be appreciated.

Voodoo Boyz
26-11-2007, 04:32
I should add, she really only likes a few models. And the whole thing will be dragon themed - so no obvious choice units like Sword Masters or White Lions are going to be used. I'm also trying to convince her that running two dragons in the same army is a very bad idea. ;)

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to make something based off these kinds of setups (something on Dragon, Dragon princes, Lion Chariot, Eagles) to have an army that isn't completely terrible and is workable despite being small.

Kloud13
26-11-2007, 05:28
I have always loved the Dragon Prince Models, and now they preform as beutifull as they look.

I have been running a Unit of 5 with Full command and a War Banner (+1 to Combat Res), Then I Turn a Noble into a Battle Standard Bearer, And give him the Battle Standard (+D6 to Combat Res). And now that there are no restrictions on HE BSB for equiptment, I give him Dragon Armour, Shield, Lance and Barded Steed, and then run him with the Dragon Princes.

Now here is were you probably go Different because of the Dragon Model, but My Prince is on a Barded Steed so he can join the Dragon Princes as well. He has Dragon Armour and Shield, as well as the Star Lance, and the Vambrance of Defence.

With My loadout, and 5 wide, you get on the charge
4 Strength 7 attacks from Prince with no Armour save
3 Strength 6 attacks from the BSB
7 Strength 5 attacks from the remaining Dragon Princes

Then with the War Banner, and Battle Standard, you should be able to utterly destroy any unit you charge.

The Dragon Princes are my Hammer, no for the Anvil.

White Lions with the Lion Standard (Immune to Fear and Terror) are fanastic. If you march them ahead of your Dragon Princes, and Leave them in a position so that any unit that charges them would be in the Dragon Princes Charge Arc, and have them close enough to the BSB, There should be almost no way they will break. And then the Dragon Princes will promptly counter charge, and smash the offending unit.

Spearmen can also make a fantastic Anvil, if there is a High Mage around to cast Courage of Anerion and make them Stubborn.

Kloud13
26-11-2007, 05:33
To make a really cool Mounted BSB, use the Lance and the Banner from the Dragon kit. The Banner in the Dragon Kit is about 6 inches long, and the parts from the Dragon Kit Prince, mesh perfectly with the Prince and Noble Kit.