PDA

View Full Version : Please Help me Round out my High Elf list for a tourney

English 2000
26-11-2007, 03:48
Hi Everyone,
I am taking my HE's into a tourney on Dec 1 and would really appreciate some help finishing my list. Below is a list of what is in for certain, I have 255 points or so left over and I'm not sure what to spend them on. Usually I take 6 Dragon Princes with full command, but they don't seem to be doing so well and I'm thinking of making a change:

2000 points army:

What is in for sure:

CORE:
17 Spears, full command, war banner
17 Spears, Full command

RARE:
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower

SPECIAL:
5 Shadow Warriors
5 Eryllian Reavers with spears
17 Sword Masters, full command, Banner of Sorcery

CHARACTERS:
Noble, Ring of Fury, Mask of the Merlord, Heavy Armour, Great Weapon
Noble, BSB, Armour of Caledor, Great Weapon
Mage, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Seer Staff
Mage, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll, Silver Wand

OPTIONS

1. Keep the 6 Dragon Princes with full command
2. 15 White Lions with Full Command
3. Add a third RBT, an Eagle and a second unit of 5 Reavers with spears
4. 3 Tiranoc Chariots

Your sage advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
English 2000

pcgamer72
26-11-2007, 05:22
Is the Ring of Fury an Arcane Item? If so, I don't think the Noble can take it. Although, there might be something I don't know. Do High Elves get Dispel Scrolls for less than 25 points? If not, how can he take 2 of them as well as another item? Again, maybe I'm unaware of some High Elf rule.

I like the 3 Chariot option. It adds the most number of new units and something else that can deliver a hit.

grhino
26-11-2007, 10:39
The Ring of Fury is no longer an arcane item, now an enchanted item. Furthermore, a dispel scroll is only 20 points for HE, which would allow you to take 2 of them and another item (even an arcane item).

I'd go for the dragon princes as there your fastest unit that can take on a variety of enemy troops (not too big ogre units to heavy cavalry or monsters)

pcgamer72
26-11-2007, 18:39
The Ring of Fury is no longer an arcane item, now an enchanted item. Furthermore, a dispel scroll is only 20 points for HE, which would allow you to take 2 of them and another item (even an arcane item).

:) Now I know. Thanks.

Appoloclypse
26-11-2007, 18:52
I'd go for the dragon princes as there your fastest unit that can take on a variety of enemy troops (not too big ogre units to heavy cavalry or monsters)
I agree heavy cavalry can take on a lot and still keep going, as long as they don't get bogged down by large unbreakable units and flanked.

Deathraven
27-11-2007, 07:30
I don't think shadow warriors work well in such small numbers. If I were you I'd either up them to at least 8 or drop them.