PDA

View Full Version : HE Eagles, What am I doing wrong.

Kloud13
26-11-2007, 05:40
Alot of People always seem to suggest taking Eagles. I have taken them a few times, but I find they just crumple to easily to ANY sort of misslie fire. What am I doing wrong? What are the tasks best suited for eagles?

Maybe I just play against more shooty armies than normal.

Chiungalla
26-11-2007, 06:09
Don't put them into the line of fire to fast, and use cover.

And if you put them into the line of fire, put some other units there as well, so that your opponent has to decide between targets.
A often made mistake is to show one unit at a time to the enemy gunline.

Charge warmachines with your eagles, but stay on long range to any missle weapons, till you get the charge, which should be easy with 20" charge range.

Against dwarfs and empire, fly to the flanks, out of the firing arc of handgunners and crossbowmen, and far away from the hellblaster volleygun as possible.

Against non shooting armies, use them to marchblock and redirect.

aenarion67
26-11-2007, 09:18
eagles are basicly cannon fodder
use them to march block, draw fanatics, tie artillery up.
i used them once drew out fanatics died in the end. the point is that its the cheapest things HE can get. expendiblity is the answer

eleveninches
26-11-2007, 14:05
Use them for march blocking and discovering fanatics, and charge warmachine crews

Weapon-X
26-11-2007, 16:08
They are also awesome for redirecting your enemy's hammer units. Fly the eagle a few inches away from their unit facing on an angle where your enemy has no choice to charge but if he does it would expose the flank of his unit to you. Either he declares a charge and falls victim to this trap, or he stays still and shoots the eagle. You win even if he does this too, as you effectively kept his unit from advancing on you for another turn.