PDA

View Full Version : Sprue depression

BrotherMoses
26-11-2007, 06:00
Have you ever gotten really depressed because of all of the sprues lying around your house at once? Seeing it just makes it seem like you'll never finish painting. Does that count as actual depression? Either way I think I'm going to need anti-depressants:(

azimaith
26-11-2007, 06:02
I get glue depression and painting depression.
I like the modeling aspect where you put it all together. I hate the cleaning part and the painting part is only entertaining on some occassions.

As for glue depression, its when I open a box and see metal parts, then realize I have super glue.

TheNZer
26-11-2007, 06:04
Actually I get more depressed onvce I've painted it Cose I want to change schmes but my Fluff calls for that certain Colour scheme.

zendral
26-11-2007, 06:09
When I start building....and keep building...and start seeing a ton of unpainted models, then I get paint depression. Especially when they are all conversions that I'm too scared to paint for fear of screwing them up.

azimaith
26-11-2007, 06:14
Thats exactly how it is for me. Thats what tournaments are good for, they make me go paint the models in my list. But if they aren't on the army roster, too bad :P

dblaz3r
26-11-2007, 06:18
I actually like looking at a pile of sprues ready to be worked on, you could always take everything off the sprue and put in a compact box then it doesnt look like so much:) Thats what i'm about to do with my two battleforces of tyranids. But thats more of travel issue than anythiong else.
Also Id stay away from the anti depressants they do more harm than good

Mr Kibbles
26-11-2007, 06:21
I get Painting and modelling depressiobn all the time, cause I'm just so slow at this. Plus, i only paint one tiny bit of a model every once in a while in a month.

deathwing_marine
26-11-2007, 06:26
I'm sarting to buy things faster than i can paint them!
I have a Whirlwind and 3 vindicators to finish, plus a forgeworld venerable dreadnought, terminator librarian, azrael, devastator squad, not to mention i never put the iconography on my assault squad's shoulder pads...

and i just ordered the eldar aspect assault wave! Ahhhhh!!!!!

dblaz3r
26-11-2007, 06:32
Im in the same boat, I have two DA battleforces, the army deal ,all the characters, another squad of termies, 2 battleforces of nids, and a bunch of other nid models al to paint. Plus Im very tempted by an auction on the net for a nidzilla force. My eyes are bigger than my wallet, but luckely I dont mind spending it all:chrome:

The Orange
26-11-2007, 06:38
I get Painting and modelling depressiobn all the time, cause I'm just so slow at this. Plus, i only paint one tiny bit of a model every once in a while in a month.
Yea, me too, I really shoulden't have bought those other armies when I'm still working on the 1st one :(.

Nabeshin1106
26-11-2007, 06:46
I'm sarting to buy things faster than i can paint them!
I have a Whirlwind and 3 vindicators to finish, plus a forgeworld venerable dreadnought, terminator librarian, azrael, devastator squad, not to mention i never put the iconography on my assault squad's shoulder pads...

and i just ordered the eldar aspect assault wave! Ahhhhh!!!!!

Oh, you ordered the Eldar box. Cool!

I have WAY too much stuff I have to paint. Tournaments are my usual incentive to get stuff painted, although I'll occasionally be hit by a painting fit and get a bunch of stuff done at once.

BrianC
26-11-2007, 07:48
I could build stuff all day every day and rarely have any sprues lying around. Painting is another thing entirely, give me any excuse to put it off and I will.

Kulgur
26-11-2007, 09:05
Unfinished Tau
Unfinished DE
Unfinished Necrons
Lots of unfinished Orks

Trouble is I tend to buy them, then hear there's new ones coming out (particularly with the DE) and start wondering what the point in painting the current ones is :(

devolutionary
26-11-2007, 09:07
If I had the money, I'd pay someone a stupid amount of money to clean every single last one of my models, including preparing pinning holes, so I can build them without the annoyance. I hate cleaning stuff up.

Penguin of Death
26-11-2007, 09:13
Sprue depression is easy to beat, just fill up a curver box with them and hide them under the desk. You will then lose track of what you have and buy doubles of stuff

Jedi152
26-11-2007, 09:15
I love seeing full sprues. I see potential...

I love building them. It's when i see them built i get upset. All that painting to do! :cries:

Colonel Kevlar
26-11-2007, 12:46
Ugh, 200 Catachans and you'll also begin loosing your sanity! I still have a bunch left to assemble, and i bouught them when they came out. So yea, I'm in the same situation, and I'm starrting a small Chaos Warband to go w/ my LatD.

The Kevlar Colonel

Corporal Chaos
26-11-2007, 13:23
Sometimes it is overwhelming. Seeing all that stuff to build and then paint. I just kinda go in clumps of 10 or so and prime them. Then I get a metal IC model and assemble and paint them first. The plastic is still primed partially assembled and I have a lot to keep me occupied, until something else catches my eye..hahaha :eek:

blackroyal
26-11-2007, 13:34
My current kick is to buy metal armies...
SM OOP Scouts, Mordian Guard, and Sisters of Battle. The sprew thing is not a big problem. Painting however...

mistformsquirrel
26-11-2007, 13:41
When I start building....and keep building...and start seeing a ton of unpainted models, then I get paint depression. Especially when they are all conversions that I'm too scared to paint for fear of screwing them up.

I hear you loud and clear on this.

Slacker
26-11-2007, 13:44
I've literally got three bookcases worth of unpainted models, many of them still in boxes. Space Marines, Tau, Eldar, Ogre Kingdoms, Brets, more Empire... It's more than a bit depressing.

Then I remember that I manage a gaming store, and it's not like I spent money on most of them, but that's a ton of shelf space I'm not getting back for the foreseeable future.

tau_caste
26-11-2007, 13:58
i dont get sprue depression, i love building stuff and finding a cool pose.. but when it comes to scraping off mould lines... then i get tired of it coz it makes my fingers raw.. but after tha i have about 10000 models painted... and about 5000 unpainted.. it will never end... curse GW for bringing out new shiny stuff every few months!!! its like a drug

Sureshot05
26-11-2007, 14:01
Not sprue or painting depression, mine come from storage depression and more importantly, base coat depression. When I've painted the second coat of a colour and realise its gonna take a third to make it look smooth, thats depressing.

dcikgyurt
26-11-2007, 14:24
I actually use the contents of a box of miniatures as an anti-depressant. I just love seeing all the bits there, deciding what to use, seeing if there are bits I can use elsewhere for coversions.

And of course, don't forget the joys of actually assembling and posing them all.

However, when it comes to painting I'm a bit hit and miss. Sometimes I'll paint my new miniatures right away, sometimes they'll sit on my desk for a couple of weeks before I get round to doing them (I'm got squad of plague marines looking at me right now, I'm just really not in the mood to paint).

leonmallett
26-11-2007, 14:28
Having piles of unassembled models is something that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling - that those armies will get done some day.

Thats exactly how it is for me. Thats what tournaments are good for, they make me go paint the models in my list. But if they aren't on the army roster, too bad :P

Thanks to tournaments I have finished three armies, and I am nearly finished assembling my fourth. I have to wholly agree with this particular positive aspect of tournaments.

Earthbeard
26-11-2007, 15:05
Sprue depression is easy to beat, just fill up a curver box with them and hide them under the desk. You will then lose track of what you have and buy doubles of stuff

All too true.

I took it to the next stage and de-sprued eveything and then popped them in little jiffy bags, for corresponding box set!

Makes it look like I have less stuff.