PDA

View Full Version : What Next?

Xengami
26-11-2007, 06:12
I am stuck as to what to buy next for my chaos army. I currently have about 1.5k but I will be getting the Chaos Army Set, Vindicator Line Breaker Squadron and a Baneblade:chrome: for christmas.

In my current army I have 16 Marines, A lord, 7 Berzerkers, 3 Bikes, A rhino, 2 preds and a Landraider (probably not the best purchase I could have made).

As you can see too many tanks and not enough troops, so my thoughts were a box of CSMs however with troops in the army set I think I may have a decent amount. I was also thinking maybe another predator (as you can tell I love my tanks), some oblierators or maybe some terminators. So...

What do you think

lordbeefy
26-11-2007, 06:39
what kind of chaos army you going for...IW...Death Guard....Legion....or mixed bag. From my perspective, it would depend on what you are going for as to what you should buy next.

If it is the mixed bag appraoch, then you really need to get a lot more troops before you get more elites and heavies.

Once you have bulked up the troop line, I would go for 3 obliterators, then a squad of termies. A sorceror wouldnt go amiss either.

Xengami
26-11-2007, 07:15
I'm going for more of a mixed bag (mainly due to my inability to make decisions) but Khorne does seem to be the predominant theme of the army, at least at the moment.

I actually have a space marine librarian laying around and I am intending to convert him into a sorceror.

I think you are right about the troops though, do you think I should just go with vanilla CSMs or maybe something a bit different like noise marines or plague marines

BrianC
26-11-2007, 07:53
I think you are getting enough standard troops in the army box set, I'd go for a mix of Plague Marines and 1000 Sons. Then if you have money left over I'd get some oblits, as you get 5 terminators in the box set. If you want to get another vehicle I'd go for a Land Raider.