PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points Karond Kar army

EndlessBug
26-11-2007, 09:29
Hey, So I got a Dark Elf Cult of slaanesh army, with them being so easy to theme, I thought I'd have a go at another type, as the title dictates, an army of Karond Kar, so yes, a beast army, this contains not one model on foot (well unless you say harpies are). It's got 3 terror causers, the Noble on dark Pegasus is there to take down war machines alongside the harpies before the 2 beasties fly out. It does lack a lot of magic defence but then I didn't want to take any sorceress' as then I lose one of the 3 awesome fliers. List is below:

384 - Highborn - Manticore, 4+ ward save, SDC, heavy armour, shield, lance

267 - Beastmaster - Manticore, Seal of Ghrond, light armour, SDC, lance
185 - Noble - Dark Pegasus, ring of hotek, enchanted shield, sword of might, SDC, heavy armour

97 - 5 Dark Riders - musician

380 - 10 Cold One Knights - fc, banner of murder
194 - 2 Chariots - spears
78 - 6 Harpies

220 - Hydra

Poer Dice: 2
Dispel Dice: 3
TOTAL : 1999

any comments?

EndlessBug
26-11-2007, 22:51
no comments? is it all fine then? just wanting to check

phoenixcrh
27-11-2007, 10:32
I like it :) but are you sure you have that many character slots? i havent played fantasy for a while but at 2000 points i thought you only had 4 slots. A lord, two nobles and two manticores take up 5? maybe im wrong but i thought it would help.

Lavieth
27-11-2007, 13:42
only on the beastmaster will it use up the extra slot. The Highborn's will not.

I do like the list, although it might be a tricky one to get use to playing. I had considered a Karond Kar army myself. please pm after you have played it a few times.

good luck

radbug
27-11-2007, 13:49
Why not give the Noble the death mask to max out and have four terror causers in the army?

/R

EndlessBug
27-11-2007, 15:08
well, I had that thought Radbug, but it turns out each unit can only test for terror once per game no matter the source (not once per monster, which is what I thought), as such, 4 terror causers would seem pointless.

And yes, the manticore on the lord doesn't count for another hero, only the beastmaster.

Thank you for your input both of you, I have yet to buy the Manticores however so playing it might end up being a while.

It was mroe to ask if it would work, and so would I be wasting my cash in buying it. Turns out you all like it so :D great, thanks.

Little Aaad
27-11-2007, 15:10
I dont see having a low magic defence in all armies as that bad. Just think of magic as a pile up of shooting and be wary of what their spells can do. That, or have a lvl 4 mage on a manticore but this really does lose the theme.

EndlessBug
27-11-2007, 15:19
yea, I thought of the lvl 4 on manticore, but yea, it loses the theme of the army so I avoided that. also costs many more points.

It's not that I don't want any mages, because Karond Kar does have mages, it's because hero level sorceresses can't mount nasty monsters (Cold ones stupid and therefore would be IMO just as stupid to mount a mage on it).

Also, this has the added edge of having a semi Khaine feel (despite no assassins or witch elves - oh to dream of an assassin on dark pegasus!)