PDA

View Full Version : CoS illegal?

Xzazzarai
26-11-2007, 11:06
I've heard some things about CoS (Cult of Slaanesh) are illegal. Not that you get arrested for playing them, but it's very uncommon to see them allowed in tournaments and such. Anyone heard this?
Dunno if it's old info or so, but still it worries me, cuz I'm thinkin' to start up a CoS-army...:(

Furthermore, I've heard that the CoS will disappear when Dark Evles are getting redone.

I've allso heard that not even the items from the CoS-list should be allowed in a Dark Elf army any more.

GW haven't confirmed any of this as far as I know.
Anyone might be more in to it than I am?

Makaber
26-11-2007, 11:19
Illegal, schmillegal ... They're not allowed in GW tournaments, but if you want to play it against your friends, who's to stop you? The Game Police isn't likely to burst through your window at any moment, wearing ski masks and branishing rulebooks, either.

Chicago Slim
26-11-2007, 11:59
As noted in another thread recently, Storm of Chaos variant armies aren't allowed in some GW tourneys (UK Grand Tournament, for example) but ARE allowed in others (US Grand Tournament, for example).

In the US, GW lists specifically which SoC variants are allowed each year. Generally, a variant army will drop from the list when the main army book changes (so, last year, you couldn't do Grimgor's list, nor the Middenheim list; this coming year, you probably won't be able to use the Lothern Sea Guard list, since the HE book has been updated).

If you want to use a list in tournament, write to the tournament organizers, and ask what they're allowing. In home games? Rock out with it.

Griefbringer
26-11-2007, 12:08
Notice that organisers of every tournament are free to set the limits they want. For example, if they decide that only army lists allowed are Chaos Dwarves and Dogs of War, then they have the full freedom to do so.

Xzazzarai
26-11-2007, 12:13
Yeah, okey! Many thanks!

Dark Elves are about to get their update pretty soon. A year or so I've heard. When the new book is here, will it be the end for CoS?
I don't wanna spend money and time on an army wich I only can play for a year or so... :(

Chicago Slim
26-11-2007, 16:08
There's no real way of knowing whether changes to the Dark Elf book will make Cult of Slaanesh unplayable-- the army list was designed around the current Dark Elf and Hordes of Chaos books, so if either of those books changes, the CoS list may become difficult to reconcile, or simply unbalanced.

The US appears to be the only GW tourney circuit that DOES still allow any Storm of Chaos armies right now, and they appear to have a standard practice of removing Storm of Chaos lists when the core book they're based on gets updated-- so it's a fair bet that CoS will stop being legal in that tournament circuit, at the latest, when the Dark Elf or Hordes of Chaos books are updated.

But, if you're not that interested in making a tournament army out of them, then it might not matter to you much, anyway (unless you're coming over to the US, you probably can't use CoS for tourney play, right now!)

Xzazzarai
26-11-2007, 17:02
Okey =/

Well, I don't think I will participate in any greater tournaments, atleast not very soon.
But then, if/when I want to, I can allways make the list either Chaos or Dark Elves, sience I like both of'em. =)
Maybe the list will still be playable in smaller, local tourneys.
Atleast I hope so.

ZomboCom
26-11-2007, 17:47
Notice that organisers of every tournament are free to set the limits they want. For example, if they decide that only army lists allowed are Chaos Dwarves and Dogs of War, then they have the full freedom to do so.

That'd be a fun tourny.

txamil
26-11-2007, 17:55
That'd be a fun tourny.

I'd have fun actually.

superknijn
26-11-2007, 18:51
Tournaments aren't everything, and it's not as if you'll be put on trial and possibly exectued if you field such an army in a friendly match.

Wraithseer
26-11-2007, 19:02
man I hope so, I always hated the whole stupid cult of slaanesh crap, dark elves are not just, OMG chaos elves. I hope the whole cult of slaanesh and the stupid symbol of khorne on the witch elf banner just go away.

Crube
26-11-2007, 20:36
I have a similar issue with the Middenheimer list, however, I have managed to write a tournament legal list that only requires me to change out 1 unit of HUnting hounds from my normal fluffy Middenheim list...

And I have those models spare anyway, so all good.

Remember, even though the list may not be tourney legal, the models probably are, if you are clear about the counts as rule...

GodHead
27-11-2007, 15:02
Come to Canada. We allow everything here. SoC lists, Rhinox Riders, Zombie Pirates (I can't wait to get my super-competitive ZP list into a tournament :eyebrows:).

Of course the tournament scene is somewhat smaller and different here, but at least we allow the cool toys (and the annoying ones like Slayer list and Sea Patrol, but most of those problems have "self corrected").

Kellindel
28-11-2007, 17:27
the CoS list may become difficult to reconcile, or simply unbalanced.

May become?!?!?! Unbalanced already .... and I'm a DE player.

Bortus
28-11-2007, 17:42
Xzazzarai, I'll play you. Matter of fact your welcome to play with our small club anytime.