PDA

View Full Version : Khorne Lord of battles

pookie
26-11-2007, 13:11
Anyone remeber these from old Space marine/ Epic?

ive been trying to locate a pic online for some time but ive been struggling to find one (just so people can see what im talking about - i'l keep searching and post once i find one)

I also need to know what they were armed with in epic ( just the wep names would be good).

in your opinions ( those who know the model ) what would be your VDR for this beast?

i am planning this as a long term modelling project, to use in Apoc Games.

Agrip. Varenus Denter
26-11-2007, 15:29
Ohhhhhhhh - I thought it came with a Chainfist and Hellblade, but there's a pic here (http://www.mustangsalling.dk/chaos/kh24.jpg), that shows something different.

pookie
26-11-2007, 15:41
Ohhhhhhhh - I thought it came with a Chainfist and Hellblade, but there's a pic here (http://www.mustangsalling.dk/chaos/kh24.jpg), that shows something different.

yes thats the Might Lord of Battles! i also thought that, maybe it had variant weps? i never had the Chaos expansion for Space Marine/Epic so unsure of what its armed with, although the pic in the new chaos dex does show it with a chain fist.

Shibboleth
26-11-2007, 16:55
If you have the new Chaos Codex there's a reasonable drawing of one in the background of the page 5 pic (next to the 'Let The Galaxy Burn' page).
It may help with the model you build, ie. it needn't be identical to the Epic version.
There's even another variant looming in the background on the cover.

Noserenda
26-11-2007, 17:48
I remember it had a choice of two gun arms and 2 cc arms (Chainfist and Hellblade) and was a nasty thing to face!

leonmallett
26-11-2007, 19:06
I always thought of the Lord of Battles as a scaled up Blood Slaughterer (of the latter as a scaled down LoB). Great concepts both, in my view.

Pookie - will we see a Project Log?

Supremearchmarshal
26-11-2007, 22:47
I also need to know what they were armed with in epic ( just the wep names would be good).

I recall one with something called a "Deathstorm" (a huge rapid-firing cannon best used against light and medium vehicles) and a "Doomfist" (a huge chainfist). I think they could exchange these for others, though.
Additionally, they had a head-mounted cannon (something like a Vanquisher Cannon) and LOTS of flamethrowers.

EDIT: I think the Doomfist had an attached melta cannon or something, but I'm not 100% sure

Sister_Sin
26-11-2007, 23:48
I miss the Blood Slaughterers. I still have mine, although they are sitting on a shelf at the moment...have been for a long time.

The Lord of Battles is something I've been thinking of building for a long while. Might have a go at it before long, once the Titans are done.

Sister Sin

vforvenator
27-11-2007, 01:18
I recall one with something called a "Deathstorm" (a huge rapid-firing cannon best used against light and medium vehicles) and a "Doomfist" (a huge chainfist). I think they could exchange these for others, though.
Additionally, they had a head-mounted cannon (something like a Vanquisher Cannon) and LOTS of flamethrowers.

EDIT: I think the Doomfist had an attached melta cannon or something, but I'm not 100% sureIt did, but it was mounted on the Banelord Khorne Titan, not the Lord of Battles. The Banelord also had a Bloodletter-head with gun attached (for the probable inspiration of which, look at the top left-hand corner of the painting A. Crowley by H.R. Giger). GW were unremittingly biased in the Blood Gods' favour back then, I recall, with several Khorne ranges in Epic and WH40K, while other powers had to wait years for the same.
The Lord of Battles had the giant assault-cannon thing, and a cannon that sprayed molten brass - I can't remember what it was called, though.
Plus I think the Blood Slaughterers were meant to have been built by Chaos Squats, incorporating a bound daemon as they did, like Chaos Androids - a probable reason to scrap them.

pookie
27-11-2007, 08:44
If you have the new Chaos Codex there's a reasonable drawing of one in the background of the page 5 pic (next to the 'Let The Galaxy Burn' page).
It may help with the model you build, ie. it needn't be identical to the Epic version.
There's even another variant looming in the background on the cover.

Thats the pic that sparked this idea! i hadnt noticed the one on the cover, although i havent paid it much attention!

Pookie - will we see a Project Log?

Possibly, its just a idea in my head at mo, and my access to net is some what limited so im not sure id be able to commit to that, but its a good idea and may spur me on to do this project.

thanks everyone else, keep the info coming,

Supremearchmarshal
27-11-2007, 15:58
I've looked up the NetEpic site, and according to it the Lord of Battles can have the two of the following weapons (in addition to the flamethrowers and head cannon):

Chaos Energy Whip (CC weapon used primarily against titan void shields, but also good against other enemies)
Deathstorm (as I wrote before)
Doomburner (fires superheated molten metal, good vs. buildings, titans and heavy armour)
Doomfist (yes, it can have it after all, and it does have the melta-cannons)
Hellblade (CC weapon, used against titans and buildings)
Hellstrike Cannon (shoots a gigantic version of the hellfire shell used by Ultramarine Tyranid hunters. Obviously best vs. infantry in cover and light vehicles)

BlackLegion
27-11-2007, 17:17
Picture? here it is:
http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x3/c92408epicchaoswarmachine-01.htm

TzeentchForPresident
27-11-2007, 19:28
while other powers had to wait years for the same.

Gibf Tzeentch Firelord and Doomwings! http://home2.inet.tele.dk/json/tzeentch.html

I am so gonna play Apocalypse 24/7 if those get wh40k models and rules.

vforvenator
28-11-2007, 00:44
Yep - those came out the same time as the Banelord, didn't they? The Nurgle plague-catapult things were the last, having to wait about 4 years..?

pookie
28-11-2007, 09:08
Yep - those came out the same time as the Banelord, didn't they? The Nurgle plague-catapult things were the last, having to wait about 4 years..?

no the slannesh ones came last iirc - kind of knight like war machines.

cheers Black legion, i searched that site, but just couldnt find it!

thanks everyone else, got tideas flowing already.

Herman the Heathen
28-11-2007, 09:55
I alwayz fielded the Lord Of Battle.

The firepower and CC ability was comparable to a Reaver titan (which is saying something!).

But the greates strenght was that it was possesed by a deamon. And in those old days, when you played chaos you got chaos gift cards (the more cards the bigger the army) and those could be used to bolster the strengts of your troops of nullify dammage done to your deamons or deamon possesed vehicles... Oh, your Warlord titan just sent a Vortex Missile into my Lord of Battle? Let's see give detachment of marines extra arms or save my 500points machine from certain death...