PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the newer SMs rather than reg SMs

redbaron998
26-11-2007, 17:34
So for those of you who often fight the new DA and BA (and to a lesser extent BT) enjoy or have any other feelings fighting them over the regular SM.

I have found fighting the newer SM (Espically DA) much more enjoyable. The lists that I have fought are overall much more Fluffy and Balanced than almost all the other SM lists I have. BA also are a bit and I have immensily enjoyed fighting agains them as well.

Usually with regular SM the lists you fought often had to pick effectiveness or fluffyness. Now I tend to find more armies with both of these elements and the fights are just as bloody intense.

Most of the regular SM lists I have played lately that arent DA or BA (or BT cause they are fun to) leave me with that wanting feeling as Win or Loose I dont feel like I have had a good battle.

So what differences have you ecperineced if any

Luckywallace
26-11-2007, 18:31
I did not find the 1500pts all-jump pack army, inc. jump pack Death Company, Mephiston and Lemartes (sp? ... the chaplain) to be much fun to fight against.

It was an extreme list, but the codex allowed such a list.

I find the Assault Squads-as-Troops to be a very UN-FLUFFY change, Blood Angels always used to follow the standard Codex company composition (and still do as far as I was aware).

==Me==
26-11-2007, 18:40
I'm no fan of the Assault Squads as Troops, and you'd be silly not to take Lemartes over a regular Chaplain.

But, as a DA player, I find I get a lot more compliments about ==My== army (and it isn't about the painting, I assure you :cries:) on its unique look and rules (combat squads especially).

Polonius
26-11-2007, 19:02
My regular opponent plays both DA and BA, and he's had a very difficult time figuring out how to win with them. I play either codex marines or IG, and I've had a pretty easy time handling his combi wing, shooty DA, and all jump pack BA.

they're fun armies to fight against, but they lack some of the grit that other armies have, IMO.

Skyth
26-11-2007, 19:13
The Dark Angels codex is pretty well internally balanced, but compared to other codexes, it is rather unbalanced. Unbalanced generally leads to not much fun to play against.

Grazzy
26-11-2007, 19:13
The new SM are great at making friendly lists, but at tourneys the only competative lists are very extreme.

Rikens
26-11-2007, 22:09
Bah, the "competative lists" are only extreme if you're a weak player. I like the new SM lists (BT, DA, BA,...) because they encourage the players to learn how to play the game as well as compose their armies.