PDA

View Full Version : Rawne and Fulgrim in the next WD?

MrBigMr
26-11-2007, 19:21
While going through Black Library site, I came across this:
Double-hard Major Rawne, from Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghosts series, and the fallen Primarch Fulgrim, the eponymous hero of Graham McNeill's Horus Heresy novel, are both immortalised in miniature form in the December issue of White Dwarf.

Both characters were built from scratch and Slayer Sword winning entries in the Spain and Chicago Golden Demon awards and, in our humble opinion, look fantastic.

But donít take our word for it, see for yourselves.

I've tried to go through other sites to get more info, but nothing has shown up. So is this true or what?

Col.Gravis
26-11-2007, 19:24
They're just be showing the work that won Slayer Swords at those repective Games Days, it wont be actual models available if thats what your thinking.

nurgle_boy
26-11-2007, 19:40
yup, see it in WD. both very nice, but not new models or anything im afraid.

Daemonslave
26-11-2007, 19:41
Here's the Fulgrim model if you're interested;

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/Daemonslave/1_gold.jpg

Revlid
26-11-2007, 19:48
What a beauty!

Hardly power armour, though, is it? He'd look more at home in Fantasy.

As an elf.

IncrediSteve
26-11-2007, 20:05
Fulgrim has been around, but does anyone have pics of Rawne?

t-tauri
26-11-2007, 20:11
Not really News or rumours. Off to 40k general.

Sephiroth
26-11-2007, 22:23
Fulgrim has been around, but does anyone have pics of Rawne?

Yep, and it's a very old piece. Again, nothing new.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Zekk/rawne2kx6.jpg

Chaplain Dionitas
26-11-2007, 22:32
Nice one of Rawne though.

Sephiroth
26-11-2007, 23:06
Nice one of Rawne though.

Didn't even think it's Rawne, just a Ghost. I mean, didn't Rawne have a snake or spiral tattoo on his face? I vaguely recall reading it in his description...

sparks
27-11-2007, 08:26
Yep, and it's a very old piece. Again, nothing new.

To quote Grandpa Simpson, (i think) "if I ain't seen it, it's new to me!"

Haven't seen this one before. Nice piece though! Thanks for the pic

Catachant
27-11-2007, 08:37
What a beauty!

Hardly power armour, though, is it? He'd look more at home in Fantasy.

As an elf.

He's Fulgrim.

Fulgrim. A Primarch. The Primarch of the Emperor's Children.
You've heard of him before?

He wears whatever he wants to wear, and what he's wearing is perfect canon.

Lastie
27-11-2007, 09:33
I much prefer the model of Rawne to Fulgrim. The former is an almost photo-realistic work of art, while the latter seems more of a camp vampire with out of proportioned body. Still a nice model though.

sigur
27-11-2007, 09:47
That's also because IG tends to be a more "realistic" army for most of the people (-> based on RL-stuff mainly, lots of RL-references/source material) while Space Marines are more or less of a fantasy army. Just a difference in style. Fulgrim is a nice miniature indeed (don't forget, Space Marines don't wear power armour all the time :p ). Not sure which one I prefer; both are too different in style. Rawne's base is amazing though.

Mr Kibbles
27-11-2007, 10:06
Rawe's probably just not rawney enough like sephiroth said about the tatoo. Great model though. Is it INQ scale?

Catachant
27-11-2007, 10:20
Rawe's Inq scale, Fulgrim was part of a set which were almost Inquisitor scale from memory. The set had Ferrus Manus, the Lion, Rogal Dorn, Fulgrim, Perturabo and Khan, although Fulgrim was easily the best one.

sprugly
27-11-2007, 11:05
cool mini's, if fulgrim was part of a collection of primarchs does anyone have links/pics of the others? always interested in seeing peoples renditions of those guys. I think this one got it just about right. fantastic!

sprugly

Son of Makuta
27-11-2007, 11:41
Fulgrim is really good, but Rawne is fantastic. What a miniature! I wonder how much of it is scratch sculpted...

Mojaco
27-11-2007, 15:24
I love the Rawne model. He has the exact face as it was described. Handsome and snake-like. The fulgrim model is beautiful, but doesn't say primarch to me. At all.

THE CHIEF
27-11-2007, 15:27
That Rawne is one of my favourite models EVER - it's 100% sculpted from scratch.

Rioghan Murchadha
27-11-2007, 15:33
Both the model and paintjob on Rawne are amazing. Only beef is that the tattoo is missing.. (IIRC Rawne has a starburst over one eye), and that the ghosts wear black fatigues.

Chaplain Dionitas
27-11-2007, 15:47
Didn't even think it's Rawne, just a Ghost. I mean, didn't Rawne have a snake or spiral tattoo on his face? I vaguely recall reading it in his description...

Yeah it could be any ghost for that matter. Slap a pair of bionic eyes on him and you've got ol Shoggy Domor.

I thought their uniforms were black.

Edit: Man I'm a slow typer my point about the uniforms was already brought up

JaqTaar
27-11-2007, 15:57
There is a tatoo above the right eye and he's also holding a knife behind his back. I have no image showing the latter, but you can guess from the second picture:

Catachant
28-11-2007, 00:52
The fulgrim model is beautiful, but doesn't say primarch to me. At all.

There have been a few pieces of artwork released by GW over the years, and Fulgrim has always worn armour like that. This is the way he's always been described. Hell, he even looks like that on the cover art for the book Fulgrim (they cut him out on the actual cover, but if you go to http://www.blacklibrary.com/freestuff/2007-wallpapers.asp and scroll down you can see the whole artwork).