PDA

View Full Version : The latest acquisition thread!

ArtificerArmour
15-09-2005, 09:15
after my mini splurge for my birthday, i wanted to tell everyone what i had bought.

however, i decided that beginning a thread devoted to my spending was egotistical "2damax!!111", so instead, i thought i would start the latest acquisition thread!

there's a similar thing on seibertron.com (the transformers fan listing board, a thoroughly good board for all you 'former freaks), where you state what TF you had bought recently.

so i thought we could start something similar here. to avoid the realms of spam, please be sensible. don't tell us what you bought in your weekly grocery shop or a mars bar and a paper in your your lunch break.

lets just confine it to utterly cool and rediculously expensive items!

Also, feel free to tell us what hobbying stuff you have bought recently, such as 40k and WFB.

Anyway, away we go on the first post!

Yesterday, i bought:

Final fantasy 7 Sephiroth Advent children figure - £18
Final fantasy 7 Vincent figure - £16.99
Cowboy bebop mini figures of spike spiegel and faye valentine - £9 total
#304 white dwarf uk - £4

total - £47!

that advent children figures are *******' awesome - over 20 points of articulation each and sephiroth can pull out pretty much every pose possible, thanks to his 6 choices of hands.
vincents less good, but he's still pretty darn pretty to look at.

the bebop figures are static, but im a sucker for anything like that.

so, your turn, what have you been shelling out your earnings on?

McMullet
15-09-2005, 10:00
Complete Season #1 of The Dukes of Hazzard on DVD - £19.99

Jedi152
15-09-2005, 10:38
I'ts my birthday in Nov, and i'm asking for money so i can get an iPod nano...

But apart from that those FF figures sound wicked, you have the same taste as me AA, my favourite characters are Sephiroth and Vincent!

All i have to do is explain to my GF why i'm buying action figures...

N'bel
15-09-2005, 10:42
A bunch of Star Wars EU Minitures Booster's - £50, the Rancor is now standing on my shelf next to Thrawn :D now I just have to wait till the AT-AT comes out next month...

Delicious Soy
15-09-2005, 10:44
The Penguin Classic Edition of Dante's Inferno

Ravening Wh0re
15-09-2005, 10:51
6 SF heroines busts. (Cammyx2, Karin, Mika, Sakura, ChunLi)
Voodoo Troll Shaman model (awesome)
Project:Aquarion anime DVD
F-Zero anime DVD

um...swimming goggles.

hairyman
15-09-2005, 10:51
The Famished Road by Ben Oko, and the first three books of the Preacher comic series. Oh, and some new kitchen tiles. Woo-hoo :rolleyes:

Wiseman
15-09-2005, 10:58
the book "playing at home"

Serpent
15-09-2005, 11:07
As my birthday is today (Yes, you may congratulate me. Worship is also accepted.), I'll soon know. I more or less know that I won't be getting anything expensive from my girlfriend, as I've more or less asked her to keep it cheap. We have a rent to pay, and I will still llove her all the same whatever she gets me.

I do hope for winter tyres from my father, though. If I don't have some soon, my car will be confined to the garage for a fair amount of months... :(

Serpent

ArtificerArmour
15-09-2005, 11:10
But apart from that those FF figures sound wicked, you have the same taste as me AA, my favourite characters are Sephiroth and Vincent!

hehe, yeah the wave 1 figures are vinny, tifa and sephiroth (no cloud? :wtf: )

i didn't like the tifa figure at all, she had bare knees and elbows so you could really see the joints.

the sephiroth is probably the best action figure ever produced (save maybe unicron and masterpiece optimus prime). he has 3 different hands for each arm - a sword holding one, a clenched fist and opened palm. pretty much every sephirothism can be made!

vincent, however...struggles to stand up straight. but he looks really nice!

im curently clearing out my transformers to fill up the shelf space with animé figures...from one bad to the next :(

Shadowheart
15-09-2005, 11:14
For the past year or two my money has been steadily sunk into Sideshow/Weta's Lord of the Rings collectibles. You know, the stuff they advertised in WD for about a year when the first movie was released. I really wanted that Gandalf the Grey bust, and by the time I had collected the rest of the Fellowship I'd already decided to go all out and collect the entire bust line.

Well, the Hooded Rohirrim bust came in a few weeks ago and that completed my bust collection (though I'm not counting the 3/4 Gollum and the Troll maquettes as busts here). "Completed" remains an inappropriate word for a line that was ended with several major characters missing, but still.
I've also gone on to collect the helms, all of which (minus the insanely rare and expensive Witch-King Crown) I either have on the shelf or on order. Eomer's helm, the Elessar Crown and the Gondorian Helm's collection came in recently. And when I find an Arms of the Moria Orcs plaque I'll also have all of the weapons, including the Cave Troll hammer and the Mace of Sauron (both of which came in recently).
The collection also includes the cheaper environments, a couple of medallions and some statues, including the three Gandalfs and the Ringwraith on Steed. The statues are the main line for most collectors, but they never really did it for me so I just got those I liked and could afford. The riders and steeds series was promising, pity it never really became what I expected.

Anywho, that collection should be pretty much wrapped up by the end of this year. Got all the new stuff on order, and only a few older items I want to track down.

On the Games Workshopy front recent acquisitions (all second hand) include about thirty unopened Necromunda blisters, an unused Mordheim main game, scenery pack and human warband and a cheap Necromunda Cawdor gang with the thickest paint I've ever seen.

VanDoo
15-09-2005, 12:09
I ordered my graduation ring last night. It has the RMC crest on top, with "Royal Military College" around it, with the RMC crest on one side with my college number and the RMC Arch on the other. Inside will be engraved "Facta non verba". It is 10K white gold with antique finish.

Total cost = 441$ canadian :cries:

Better start saving...

EDIT: 441 Canadian dollars = 206.312 GBP

Kiro
15-09-2005, 12:13
My latest acquisition? A Pack of cigarettes!
Unfortunately I'm so poor I can't afford anything else :cries:
Hopefully I should be getting my student loan soon...then I'll have acquisitions to talk about :evilgrin:

Luke
15-09-2005, 12:22
hmm, this month.......

£20 for a £95 pair of dolce gabbana shades
£9 petrol
£48 various tau bits and bobs
£10 for 3X bottles of Amyl Nitrate :D

yup, thats about it. very boring and slightly iffy/illegal as usual

santiholgado
15-09-2005, 12:28
A wonderful Mitsubishi 269 electric locomotive in n-scale for 75€ in Andorra (90€ here in Spain). Plus a pack of Roco oil-tank wagons for 11,50€ each (18€ here) and plenty of tracks (around 30-40% cheaper)

glimli
15-09-2005, 12:29
mp holy grail collectors edition. neep neep neep

Thud
15-09-2005, 12:35
Today's purchases:

A newspaper (Klassekampen)
12 bottles of beer (Tuborg)
A 200g chocolate bar (Freia Melkesjokolade)
1/2 litre orange juice w/ pulp (Meierienes)

Total cost: 177 NOK = more or less £15

The boyz
I bought a skipping rope of ebay, er thats all I have bought recentley.Although it wasnt that expensive it was all the money I had left at home, so I got mum to order it and I payed her back. So now I am broke until satrday which is pay day. :)

scottb
A vorlon fleet for babylon 5 wars and Team america on dvd..thats it.

Grumnir
15-09-2005, 12:44
Well in response to VanDoo ( who i forgot to PM reply) i just ordered 2 fancy and 3 non-fancy bottles of graduation port from my local mil academy ;)

santiholgado
15-09-2005, 12:45
I ordered my graduation ring last night. It has the RMC crest on top, with "Royal Military College" around it, with the RMC crest on one side with my college number and the RMC Arch on the other. Inside will be engraved "Facta non verba". It is 10K white gold with antique finish.

Is that the academy in Kingston, Ontario?

Jedi152
15-09-2005, 12:51
£10 for 3X bottles of Amyl Nitrate
Which you're going to use to treat cyanide poisoning of course... ;)

ArtificerArmour
15-09-2005, 13:06
Today's purchases:

A newspaper (Klassekampen)
12 bottles of beer (Tuborg)
A 200g chocolate bar (Freia Melkesjokolade)
1/2 litre orange juice w/ pulp (Meierienes)

Total cost: 177 NOK = more or less £15

seriously, did you even read my first post?

Crube
15-09-2005, 13:24
Some black spray, and Goblin Green paint

A blind for the bathroom

Some wood to make a cupboard

Some paint for the bedroom...

Captain Brown
15-09-2005, 16:24
Shower curtains
Shower curtain rings
Shower mat
Different colour towels (to go with the new shower curtain of course)

Oh yes and secretly I have bought/traded for some more Cadians here on WarSeer but she does not know about them...hope they arrive and I can get them in my bits box before she sees.

Piku
15-09-2005, 16:30
A funky ass black linen suit. I'm not going to look at my bank balance for a while.
Need to buy new shoes to set it off now.
Damn.

Phyros
15-09-2005, 16:42
Nip/Tuck Season 2 DVD
Army of Darkness DVD

PSD
15-09-2005, 17:42
Most recent purchace was paint for my bedroom.

Oh, and about 10 sheets of plasticard in varying guages.

Bought the missus the Charmed Season 2 boxed set on DVD a week or so ago, but i dont think that really counts, as while i paid for it, its not "my" aquisition...

marv335
15-09-2005, 18:04
i bought a psp, 3 games, 2 films, and a nepalese khukri.

VanDoo
15-09-2005, 19:50
Well in response to VanDoo ( who i forgot to PM reply) i just ordered 2 fancy and 3 non-fancy bottles of graduation port from my local mil academy ;)

Port > Ring

You Aussies sure know how to celebrate special occasions! Graduation port! Why didn't we think of that? ;)

Yes.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
15-09-2005, 19:53
nepalese khukri.

:wtf: Do you mean that cool knife?

I think i beat you all...i got a sony ericsson w800 cell phone for 500$ US :eek:

Its also an mp3 player, screw all you people with your cell phone and camera and mp3 in seperate machines, i have mine all in one! Only thing im missing is the coffee maker...that should be in the next model.

Sgt John Keel
15-09-2005, 20:10
Its also an mp3 player, screw all you people with your cell phone and camera and mp3 in seperate machines, i have mine all in one! Only thing im missing is the coffee maker...that should be in the next model.

Call me when you have bought a four gigabyte Memory Stick then...

I'm broke right now, so I haven't bought anything. New headphones for the iPod next month though.

/Adrian

PSD
15-09-2005, 20:14
Ah yes, iPod headphones. Iv had to replace mine 3 times since iv had my iPod (about 3 and a half years). Not as hardy as apple would have you believe...

Sgt John Keel
15-09-2005, 20:26
Ah yes, iPod headphones. Iv had to replace mine 3 times since iv had my iPod (about 3 and a half years). Not as hardy as apple would have you believe...

That's why I'm not buying Apple for the headphones. It's either Koss or Sennhauser, in about the £25-30 range. Anything I need to know about impedance and such things?

Oh, and are there any ways to shorten the cord?

Edit: Doh, it should be Sennheiser. :rolleyes:

/Adrian

PSD
15-09-2005, 20:59
Either Koss or Sennhauser will work perfectly with the iPod, if anything theyre rather better then the iPod can allow for. The iPod headphones are rather lacking in some ways.

As for shortening the cord, i have no idea myself, except cutting, stripping the wires, and reconnecting. But if you did that to Sennhausers, you would deserve a messy death. ;)

Sgt John Keel
15-09-2005, 21:01
Either Koss or Sennhauser will work perfectly with the iPod, if anything theyre rather better then the iPod can allow for. The iPod headphones are rather lacking in some ways.

Excellent. I think I'm going for these. http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/root/05179

Sorry for the threadjacking.;)

/Adrian

PSD
15-09-2005, 21:04
Nice, i have a pair of the HD485's.

Awesome headphones.

Mind you, i only use mine for home. Use a top-end set of Sony in-ear headphones with my iPod.

marv335
15-09-2005, 21:05
:wtf: Do you mean that cool knife?

yup, another one for my collection. it's sweet. hand forged carbon steel with a convex edge.

Luke
15-09-2005, 21:29
Which you're going to use to treat cyanide poisoning of course... ;)

indeed! :D

in fact i got poisoned yesterday sitting outside a pub. i needed half a bottle to sort it out :p

Kratos
15-09-2005, 21:51
yup, another one for my collection. it's sweet. hand forged carbon steel with a convex edge.

Nice. Looks perfect for slitting throats.

marv335
15-09-2005, 22:50
are you kidding???
do you know how corrosive blood is?, this is carbon steel, not that stainless cr@p.
anyway, i've got a nice wwII sykes-fairbairn for that. :evilgrin:

New Cult King
16-09-2005, 03:02
I've been spending every spare cent on various tribal drums, and books on esoteric subject matter. I've got quite a library now.

I am currently awaiting the arrival of my djembe and bongos, and I will be buying another one that I can't remember the name of shortly... a kpanlogo I think it's called...

starlight
16-09-2005, 04:37
Erm, :angel: a company. Converted, about 50K quid. ($100,000CAD)

No kidding, an actual design and construction company with about a dozen employees and everything.

Now that we've moved we're in a 1900sqft office with showroom and such.

When the website is revamped and functional I'll post the link.

Since then, it's all been small stuff like servers and such. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ravening Wh0re
16-09-2005, 08:31
Excellent. I think I'm going for these. http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/root/05179

Nice. I have a pair (mainly for my gaming), and a pair of Px200 for my mp3 player (because i travel a lot and they fold nicely)

santiholgado
16-09-2005, 09:30

Yes.

I visited Canada 4 years ago, stayed in Kingston for a couple of days, and saw the academy. I went to the exhibition in Fort Henry, but there were no fireworks and the day was very windy. :(

It's nice to hear about people from places you've visited.

EDIT: Forgot to say I have a picture of Kingston from Fort Henry, and the academy is in first place.

lord_blackfang
16-09-2005, 10:14
This month?
1500 pts of Marinse
1500 pts of Nids
Gorkamorka
Liber Chaotica Tzeentch
Bunch of Humphrey Bogart DVDs
Some 40k novels
4 boxes of Pocky

Freak Ona Leash
16-09-2005, 10:38
A paintball gun.
Several bruises form said paintball gun firing.

VanDoo
16-09-2005, 12:26
I visited Canada 4 years ago, stayed in Kingston for a couple of days, and saw the academy. I went to the exhibition in Fort Henry, but there were no fireworks and the day was very windy. :(

It's ALWAYS windy on the College grounds. It gets freaking cold in the winter, let me tell you that!

It's nice to hear about people from places you've visited.

It's nice to hear of people who visited the College.

EDIT: Forgot to say I have a picture of Kingston from Fort Henry, and the academy is in first place.

"Is in first place"?

cpl_hicks
16-09-2005, 12:39
series 1 and series 6 stargate sg1 boxsets. for £20 each (in a sale plus staff discount)

(plus im trying to find some earphones for my midi-disc player i stood on them and broke them :( )

VanDoo
16-09-2005, 21:12
Just got me a Dauntless class light cruiser. Ordered two more, a squadron of Firestorms and another of Cobras. My fleet is going to be HUGE! (2 battleships, 2 battlecruisers, 4 cruisers, 3 light cruisers, 12 frigates, 12 destroyers).

x-esiv-4c
16-09-2005, 21:16
Bought a RAZR. Set me back 200 US credits.

tzeentchgiant
17-09-2005, 00:55
Looking to purchase some WE very very soon, other than that, my outgoings this month have been for a phonecard and lunch at schoool.

TG

Ravening Wh0re
17-09-2005, 02:02
Bought a RAZR. Set me back 200 US credits.

Urgh. Motorolas. Worst menus in history.......
When I used to sell phones, I used to steer people away from them. Design by the Devil, I tells ya!
*eyes melt*

Luke
17-09-2005, 08:33
actually i find motarolla to be quite superior to its rivals. at one point nokia was by far the best, but as soon as sony ericsson and motoarolla cottoned on to it, motorola had produced probably some of the greatest mobile phones in history.

my current moby is the v545, on contract, it is super stylish and comes with a video camera as well a the usual raft of bluetootth, java and multi media options.

that said, my upgrade is just around the corner and im after the super sexy sony ericson w800i with built in 512MB mp3 player with bluetooth earphones AND 2megapixel camera.

redemptionist15
17-09-2005, 09:25
My main purchase this month has been this bad boy http://www.stagebeat.co.uk/P/2838/1215+500w+15%22+12+BAND

:D

I also bought an Audigy soundcard for my pc.

DantesInferno
17-09-2005, 09:27
The Penguin Classic Edition of Dante's Inferno

Woot! ;)

I'll be getting.....let's see......

Ah yes, the original Star Wars Trilogy DVD set. Or the Godfather movies.
Other than that, I spend enough money going out, on petrol for the car etc that I can't really afford anything big at the moment. Nor is there anything I really need.

PSD
17-09-2005, 15:29
actually i find motarolla to be quite superior to its rivals. at one point nokia was by far the best, but as soon as sony ericsson and motoarolla cottoned on to it, motorola had produced probably some of the greatest mobile phones in history.

my current moby is the v545, on contract, it is super stylish and comes with a video camera as well a the usual raft of bluetootth, java and multi media options.

that said, my upgrade is just around the corner and im after the super sexy sony ericson w800i with built in 512MB mp3 player with bluetooth earphones AND 2megapixel camera.

Pfft, i got my K750i months ago, and it casts shadow on anything else on the market at the moment. Its insanely good.

alterion
17-09-2005, 17:52
Battlestar Galatica season 1 dvd box set.. sweetness.. 10 hrs of joy in a box.. go buy it now.. its only £18 on amazon FFS!

Geetarman
17-09-2005, 20:41
dining table and 6 chairs from IKEA, sadly no where near exciting :(

Gman