PDA

View Full Version : Venerable Dreadnought vs ordinary dreadnough parts

Deus Mechanicus
26-11-2007, 22:42
Hello

Just noticed that the Venerable Dreadnought box only comes with powerfist & assault cannon option.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the weapon bits from the ordinary dreadnought can be used effectivly on the venerable version. For example i'd like a venerable dreadnought armed with a lascannon, can i take the lascannon arm from the plastic dreadnought and attach it to the venerable without it looking weird?

ankara halla
26-11-2007, 23:16
Buy ForgeWorld instead. You'll get the arms you want, the model is a lot better and it costs about the same.

Forlorn
27-11-2007, 20:18
Hello

Just noticed that the Venerable Dreadnought box only comes with powerfist & assault cannon option.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the weapon bits from the ordinary dreadnought can be used effectivly on the venerable version. For example i'd like a venerable dreadnought armed with a lascannon, can i take the lascannon arm from the plastic dreadnought and attach it to the venerable without it looking weird?

To answer your question I believe you can do exactly that if you like. All the Dreadnought's are built the same size and parts should be able to be swapped fairly easily. You could simply bit out the arm sprue from GW to get the pieces you want. :)

Sephtar II
27-11-2007, 20:36
I dont have one to hand but it should work ok.

I would second the recomendation of the Forgeworld one, unless you particuarly like the metal one. 1 more expensive, nicer details and far more selection in terms of arms and also poseabiliy. Only bugger is the P and P and the wait.

PotatoLegs
27-11-2007, 20:38
I'd just get a regular Dreadnought and label it as Venerable. The 'official' model is bloody horrid

Chaplain Dionitas
27-11-2007, 20:57
I'd stick with FW. Only downside is shipping and of course the fact that they're around 20 days behind on orders.

Deus Mechanicus
27-11-2007, 23:55
Forgeworld models are a pain to comeby where i live (and that 1 more expense could rack up in shipping costs) not that i am a huge fan of metal, but the venerable model do look very... venerable compared to the plastic one

PotatoLegs
28-11-2007, 00:08
I personalyl reckon there doesn't need to be much difference visually between venerable and regular dreads - they're all old, they're all hardened warriors, venerable status to me becomes a mere formality.