PDA

View Full Version : Eltharion the Swordmaster Question

Hrogoff the Destructor
27-11-2007, 07:17
If I decide to use the old Eltharion the blind, would he benefit from speed of asuryan? It's an army wide High Elf rule, but it wouldn't be listed in his special rules, so does he get it? I think the answer is no, but I just want to make sure. I personally want to do a list with Eltharion, Caradryan, and Kohril (each in the respective type of squad).

And at my store, they said Kohril doesn't get an extra attack from his magic weapon and a hand weapon. They said you can't combine a magic weapon and a hand weapon, is that so? They said it was a stupid rule, and let him get the extra attack anyway, but I don't want to do it if he's not supposed to.

Atrahasis
27-11-2007, 07:46
If you use his old rules, you use his old rules, without SoA.

Korhil does not get an extra attack, as if a model has a magic weapon it must use it exclusively, and also magic weapons do not have the special rules of their type unless expressly stated.

Hrogoff the Destructor
27-11-2007, 07:46
Got it.

Thanks.

AFoolProofPlan
27-11-2007, 07:47
Magic weapons all the benefits as a Hand weapon. So Korhil doesn't get the extra attack.
I'm not sure about the SoA with Eltharion though. But shouldn't he attack first anyways since he's a swordmaster?

kroq'gar
27-11-2007, 08:38
he had the initiative and i think one of his stances was strike first.

Hes old rules, so i'd say he has to be used without (if at all). If all highelf casters had +1 to cast, the old teclis wouldnt get it...

If i was you, i'd use the model and simply equip an elf noble to suit(white sword) and rename him.