PDA

View Full Version : 500pts Bret

Dragonics
27-11-2007, 10:09
Started to build a Bret army. Heres my list at the moment. Any suggestions or changes etc? This is my
1st bret army and 1st 'good' army so hoping to get it to work.

Paladin - 80
Lance
Shield
Mount

Paladin - 84
BSB
Mount
Banner of Chálons

Knights of the Realm x9 - 240
Gallant
Musician
Standard Bearer

Peasant Bowmen x13 - 96
Skirmish
Villein

Total - 500 (unless i cant count again)

Dragonics
29-11-2007, 12:03
Is no replies good because its a good army or bad because people are in fits of laughter about it?

Makarion
29-11-2007, 17:42
You didn't state a question, so what is there to reply to?

Little Aaad
29-11-2007, 19:47
Personally, I would use only one Hero and use the points for possibly a Pegasus Knight unit, because in small games you want as many troops as possible.

gerrymander61
29-11-2007, 19:51
Started to build a Bret army. Heres my list at the moment. Any suggestions or changes etc? This is my
1st bret army and 1st 'good' army so hoping to get it to work.
Total - 500 (unless i cant count again)

I definately see a question mark at the end of the third sentence :P

With your current set up of characters and units, it looks like you'll have about 400 odd points in a single unit. This is problematic. What I would do is split up that one unit of knights into a unit of 4-5 Knights of the Realm with one character, and 4-5 Knights Errant with the other character. This gets you an extra knight, gives you two units with considerable punch, and stops the enemy from winning if he has a bolt thrower :P. If you get 4 knights in each unit, 10 skirmishing bowmen, and drop the magic banner from the BSB, you might be able to squeeze in a unit of mounted Yeomen, which would rock. Unfortunately, I have neither a book nor a calculator present. Ok, I lied about the calculator, but I am still without book, and so cannot help you. Try dropping musicians and the villein from the bowmen to get points. Oh, and in a small points game like this, I'd not aim to deploy in Lance formation. It just seems that with this few units, the +1 combat resolution from rank bonus will not be enough to break units, so you'd rather have them be able to fight on effectively in the following rounds

You've done a lot of good things here, keeping your characters cheap, getting skirmishing bowmen, not getting pegasus knights at 500 points. I like it. It speaks to me.

Malorian
29-11-2007, 21:49
Basically what my 500 is... you'll find that losing a game to one cannon will push you to play bigger games.

Donga666
30-11-2007, 14:20
Personally, I would use only one Hero and use the points for possibly a Pegasus Knight unit, because in small games you want as many troops as possible.

Not legal, have to have a BSB in bret armies.

For 500 points you have very little choice. Maybe try and shoehorn in two x 6 naked (with free champ) knights instead of 9 knights and some bowmen. OR 2x 5 knights led by general and BSB respectedly (making 6's), two regiments???

But 'Gerrymander61' said all that :D

Finnith
30-11-2007, 14:38
If your playing 500 points, have a go at using the border patrol rules.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/whitedwarf/assets/wd285/border-patrol.pdf

You dont need the BSB so would give you some more room to sort out a more rounded force. Paladin, 2 units of knights and some bowmen for example.

Dragonics
30-11-2007, 17:21
ty for the suggestions, I forgot about the Border Patrol rules letting me not take a BSB so will write a new list up and post in here again. Ty

Dragonics
30-11-2007, 22:38
Ok, heres an ammended list using the Border Patrol rules, should be more flexible (hopefully)

Paladin - 80
Lance
Shield
Mount

Knights of the Realm x6 - 160
Gallant
Standard Bearer

Knights of the Realm x6 - 160
Gallant
Standard Bearer

Peasant Bowmen x14 - 103
Skirmish
Musician

Without the BSB of my 1st list im able to get 3 extra knights and a bowman. Ive kept the standards with the knights of the +1 CR and the musician in the bowmen because if they do flee they will have a better chance of rallying.