PDA

View Full Version : 3000 point Lizards

marneus54
27-11-2007, 13:24
Ok this is my tournement 3k points lizards.

Lord:
Saurus Oldblood-Blessings itzl, quetzl, sotek. Blade of chotec and a carnosaur. 426 points.
Heros:
3 level 2 skink priests- 2 despell scrolls each. 450 points
Scar-vet-light armor, sheild, Quetzl, Glyph Necklace, Tzunki, sword of might. 163 points
Core:
4 swarm bases-240 points
20 saurus warriors- spears, full command 310 points
2 units of 20 saurus warriors- hand weapons and full command 540 points.
20 skinks- 10 with blowpipes 10 with javelins. 120 points.
Special:
Tichi-huichi raiders- 250 points
6 Chemeleon skinks- stalker 90 points
3 Kroxigors- 154 points
Rare:
2 salamanders- 130 points

Hope you all like it :D.

Ward.
27-11-2007, 13:38
The swarms and the raiders are over priced slightly, but that shouldn't matter too much at 3000, up the slamanders to three or get two groups of two for hunting march blockers.

Saurus warriors tend to work better as multiple small units, so go for five units of 15 and see how it works out, some people might slap you for bringing six scrolls and 8 dispel dice to a game, so drop a skink priest for a scarvet with the jaguar charm and a great weaopn. then re-fit a skink with the mark of the old ones and the cube of darkness, it works like a scroll but can end the magic phase, change the skink units to groups of 13 with scouts on blowpipes and javelins on screens other then that it looks okay.

Feel free to disregard all of that though.

marneus54
27-11-2007, 13:44
Thanks I like the idea of having 3 skinks, as it adds a large magic blanket over my force. Yeah I probably will take a few saurus out of each unit to buy another salamander or a few more chemeleons.

Ward.
27-11-2007, 13:49
Oh I meant turn them into smaller units, you have 4 20's, so drop the spears (because the predatory fighter rule makes them even more useless) and take 5 from each unit and make a new one.

If you stick with the skinks you might want to give them a body guard and definitely consider the cube of darkness.

Edit: cube of darkness with the mark of the old ones.

marneus54
27-11-2007, 13:56
I only have 3 units but i can make the spears into Hand weapons. And I'll take 5 from each. Why 15 though? They will lose rank bonuses

Ward.
27-11-2007, 16:44
Sorry about that, typo on the account of poor lighting.

Because:
-with cold blooded leadership they have a much higher chance of passing break tests even if they do lose combat (which they shouldn't, with two attacks each).
-That extra rank will cost you a an entire skink unit and do nothing overly beneficial that can't be done by an entirely new unit of saurus... or a skink unit come to think of it.
-It will help to divide enemy shooting amongst your army and give you an opportunity to engage as many enemy units as possible.

Unfortunately saurus suffer from the "elite" infantry syndrome, not as badly as choas warriors but they tend to get swamped and shot to death on the way to combat and by the time they do get their they've taken to many casualties to really be affective.

him_15
27-11-2007, 19:35
I would say get rid of the swarm and raider, they are weak and cost too much, (well, unless you are playing it for fun or you simply don't you enough model, :p)
Also, you've only used one rare slot for a 3000 point game? what a waste! try to get another unit of salamander, they are so deadly to the enemy and probably the only shooting that Lizardmen can get.
You might wanna consider some flyers (Terradon) as well..
And too many dispel scrolls.

marneus54
27-11-2007, 21:17
I would say get rid of the swarm and raider, they are weak and cost too much, (well, unless you are playing it for fun or you simply don't you enough model, :p)
Also, you've only used one rare slot for a 3000 point game? what a waste! try to get another unit of salamander, they are so deadly to the enemy and probably the only shooting that Lizardmen can get.
You might wanna consider some flyers (Terradon) as well..
And too many dispel scrolls.

The tuichi huichs raiders are in DoW and are very useful for taking out warmachines and even holding up strong units. They are skinks but don't underestimate them they pack a punch. The carnosaur, if I'm not mistaken, adds the 2nd rare choice. I never seem to have any luck with flyers.

Semi_Bunny
28-11-2007, 00:13
i would try taking the saurus in 6x3 without the spears in order to maximize their attacks. i think you also added up the kroxigors wrong, 58*3=174

marneus54
28-11-2007, 00:30
Right, thanks. 6x3? Why that it's 18. Just windering.

him_15
28-11-2007, 03:14
The tuichi huichs raiders are in DoW and are very useful for taking out warmachines and even holding up strong units. They are skinks but don't underestimate them they pack a punch. The carnosaur, if I'm not mistaken, adds the 2nd rare choice. I never seem to have any luck with flyers.
No,Carnosaur simply takes up another hero choice.

marneus54
28-11-2007, 03:34
O ok then I'll drop the swarms as the new rules were they die from combat res. and take a steg. Maybe mount a preist on it?