PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts no-magic highelves

Shakkara
27-11-2007, 13:07
To be used against Dwarves

270 Korhil in chariot
OR 313 Prince on Eagle, wearing dragon armor, lance, shield, reaver bow, vambraces of defense, at the expense of a dragon prince and swordmaster

90 10xspearmen
90 10xspearmen

249 15 swordmasters + champion + standard
249 15 swordmasters + champion + standard
220 6 dragon princes + champion + standard
250 7 dragon princes + champion + standard
140 1 lion chariot
140 1 lion chariot

100 repeater bolt thrower
100 repeater bolt thrower
50 halfling hot pot
50 halfling hot pot

1998 points total

Deploy spearmen as 10 wide single rank unit to screen other units for one or two turns and advance while the artillery softens up some units, then get into melee as fast as possible.

Weapon-X
27-11-2007, 15:33
the list is good for facing gunline armies I suppose. One of the criticisms I have is with the chariots. I feel like they will just be cannon bait going up the board. They are very expensive and will go down to a single shot. If they were tiranoc, it may not be so bad though. Also, I think some white lions would play out well against dwarves. They are still pretty solid in combat but are far more survivable to all that small arms fire, where the sword masters would simply just eat it. Maybe a banner of ellyrion could work out well for your DP's too. This way you could get a unit in a flanking position relatively unmolested.

Also, I think that the prince on the eagle would serve you far better than korhil. This is mainly due to the chariot being easier to kill. Also, even if you princes mount is destroyed, he is far more survivable than korhil. Good Luck! Hope you come back with a win because I'm starting to doubt how effectively we can perform vs dwarves.