5 screamers

16 horrors

16 horrors

16 horrors

15 furies

any comments/critisisms welcome

Makarion
27-11-2007, 22:07
Other than the Daemon Prince, what is your answer to cavalry?

bluebugs
28-11-2007, 02:44
I would look at the daemonic legion army list, it has much better options for pure daemon armies such as yours.

Big TM
28-11-2007, 06:31
I would look at the daemonic legion army list, it has much better options for pure daemon armies such as yours.

Is that in the storm of chaos book

gerrymander61
28-11-2007, 12:17
Yes, but it's also avaliable here:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/stormofchaos/gaming/rules/assets/SoC_daemonic_legion.pdf

For pure daemons, this is what you want

M_M
28-11-2007, 13:00
Storm of Chaos Daemonic Legions armies will be invalid within the next 6 months to a year, hopefully replaced by an updated daemon army which replaces the entries in the Hordes of chaos book(according to rumours)

reduce the furies down to 8-10, split the horrors into 4 units of 12 and put some flamers in (I have 9 in mine, they are great for killing fanatics and large targets, I also use them as charge blockers)
until new rules come out for daemons, you will have to use beasts and mortals to combat the greatest weakness to any daemon army which is high armour saves
might be better getting a lord of change (it won't go poof as easily as a daemon prince)

I run a Tzeentch Daemon army (not a daemonic legion) and have qualified for the UKGT final this year

Big TM
28-11-2007, 18:57
Thanks , just to ask what is your Tzeench demon army

M_M
29-11-2007, 12:49
It was

Chaos Lord of tzeentch with shield, chalice of chaos, staff of change

exalted champion of tzeentch on daemonic steed, shield, flail, dispel scroll

3 units of 12 horrors, each with 3 flamers

6 screamers

5 marauder horsemen with flails

3 dragon ogres, great weapons and light armour

heinrichvoncarstein
29-11-2007, 13:06
I don't play hordes only beasts so i have one question. Does your deamon prince have any form of ward save?

Big TM
29-11-2007, 17:14
yeah he comes with a 5+ standard

gjnoronh
01-12-2007, 20:52
Storm of Chaos Daemonic Legions armies will be invalid within the next 6 months to a year, hopefully replaced by an updated daemon army which replaces the entries in the Hordes of chaos book(according to rumours)

Well of course as you note HoC daemonic armies will also be "invalid" in the next six months as well by the new Daemonic book :)

If you want more advice on Daemons HoC/Soc or even 40K daemons come on over to www.thedaemoniclegion.com for the best daemonic advice around.

For HoC you might as well make the most of the support you can get from non daemonic units. The rare choices available give you some good tarpits or can openers, you can use mortal marked units to give you the power dice to drive the tzeentch casting, also beast or mortal characters can give you some cheaper casters to make the most of what you are bringing. The tzeentch daemonic options in HoC are fairly limited so you have to use some of the other stuff in it to make the most of it.

Cirrus the Blue
04-12-2007, 05:14
This is my first attempt at a 2000pt list. Any suggestions welcome

Demon Prince
-MoT
-Blade of Ether
-master of sorcery
-soul hunger

Exalted demon
-MoT
-power vortex
-radiance of dark glory

5 screamers

16 horrors

16 horrors

16 horrors

15 furies

any comments/critisisms welcome

Where are all of the Flamers??? :confused: Wait... Nevermind. Those aren't in Fantasy, are they? I coulda sworn... *shrug*

- Cirrus

p3990013
04-12-2007, 12:13
I had a similar army and it never worked. Daemons are overpriced for what they do, especially horrors. Maybe if you use a minimum of 3 core daemon units:

- 3 Screamers
- 6 Furies
- 10 Horrors & 2 Flamers

then you can add some chaos units that could have a chance to do something:

- Knights
- Chariots
- Dragon Ogres
- Warhounds

Seriously, all those units don't have an armor save VS spells or magic items/swords/bound spells. Not that T3 and a 5+ save will be any good VS normal missiles. I can't count how many times Wood Elves/Dark Elves/High Elves have used my Tzeentch Daemonic army for target practice... Trust me, I've taken shots from a hail of doom arrow that wiped whole units of my army like that. Wait till the Codex: Daemons comes out. Then you may have a hope.

However, if you're just going for a beatiful army, why not add a Lord of Change? He's a superb model...