PDA

View Full Version : Thought Shining Spears got the new jetbike...

stjohn70
27-11-2007, 22:00
Just perusing the Advanced Orders section today and noticed that Shining Spears are back in for a Dec 13 release (per the release sched we have).

But they're the old models!

Of good note, they're cheaper! $35 instead of $45... and with all the plastic to build regular bikers could very well be an easy way to get the bikes you need.

Advance Orders (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=301989&orignav=301989&ParentID=252522&GameNav=10)

Intrepid Adventurer
27-11-2007, 22:04
Old models perhaps, but a crispy new paint scheme!

ancient god
27-11-2007, 22:12
The scheme shwon is the old one.

Pity they're not on the new bikes but it was to be expected.

victorpofa
27-11-2007, 22:14
I need a few Shining Spears for my Saim Hann army so I'll have to set a few bucks aside for a box or two. Are they normally white for all Craftworlds like the universal Black for Chappies and Blue for Librarians in marine armies?

AtnaShadow
27-11-2007, 22:16
I'm pretty sure Aspect Warrior colors are just tied to their specific shrine, of which (I believe) there could be more than one even per craftworld. So I think you're fine using whatever scheme you like without any fluff problems.

Orbital
27-11-2007, 22:18
Just perusing the Advanced Orders section today and noticed that Shining Spears are back in for a Dec 13 release (per the release sched we have).

But they're the old models!

Of good note, they're cheaper! $35 instead of $45... and with all the plastic to build regular bikers could very well be an easy way to get the bikes you need.

Advance Orders (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=301989&orignav=301989&ParentID=252522&GameNav=10)

You gotta understand that the pic we saw of a new Jetbike was a "prototype" model. There has been no promise or announcement from GW that it will even be released, much less when. It probably will be, but if it isn't there's absolutely no promise broken on GW's part. When it was shown at a recent Games Day event, it was just to say "Hey, here's something we're working on". Nothing more.

This is one of the reasons that Warseer irks me at times: People get a little dribble of information and then they let their imaginations run wild, stating things they think or hope will happen as if they're a given fact. Then you get guys like this poor fellow who wonders what happened to the new Jetbikes that were supposed to be out soon because, after all, so many people on Warseer were saying it was as good as a done deal.

Feor
27-11-2007, 23:44
There's also the possibility that they just don't have pictures of the new Shining Spears ready to go for the advanced orders section.

Bregalad
28-11-2007, 00:44
... and in the WD ads ;)
Get over it: New jetbikes are probably a year or more away!

PotatoLegs
28-11-2007, 00:53
The exarch looks down right goofy

Orbital
28-11-2007, 01:05
There's also the possibility that they just don't have pictures of the new Shining Spears ready to go for the advanced orders section.

Maybe, but that seems unlikely... especially because upcoming products usually show up in Sneak Peeks about 6 months ahead of time.