PDA

View Full Version : Flash crap!

EVIL INC
27-11-2007, 23:36
Ok, so my gaurd company came yesterday. I took out enough models to make a 10 man squad (to work on my paint scheme) and one heavy weapon team (to work on how to get as many variations as possible out of it). The rest, I put back in the box to await christmas.
I am horrified at the ammount of flash on the models. I mean, I have not seen that much flash that badly since I played with armymen as a kid. I am seriously hoping that I just happened to grab the bad sprues and the rest are ok. Just thought I would rant about that as it made me upset. Isnt going to stop me from enjoying the models though, just more work for me.

I think I have my gaurd regiment figured out...
Years ago, we played D&D and had a particuler city named Bearbane. The streets were fought over by 2 rival gangs. The pinks who were rich snobs and the yellows which were from the "working class". Guess which one I associated myself with lol.
Anyways, it is now thousands of years later and the pinks have become useless aristocrats and landowners while the yellows run things. My regiment is the Bearbane First (Bearbane became the world's capital and in Imperial Charts, that is the name given to it.
So, there you have it. The history of my gaurd and the highlight color (likely a shoulderpad or chestplate) which is yellow. Not sure of the rest of the colors yet though, that is what I am working on. (when I get some catachins to use as hardened vets, the bandannas and headbands will be yellow just as the gangs wore them thousands of years ago.

Sparda
27-11-2007, 23:47
I like it! Nice creative backround. I agree on the amount of flash on the models today, my old models have Zero flash on them. You think GW could do a better job for $35.00 a box...

Halcyon504
28-11-2007, 01:24
I've gotten all ranges as far as flash on models go. I've bought boxes where there was very little clean up to do prior to assembling, and I've gotten boxes that have a TON of clean up to do before assembly.

M1A2 Commander
28-11-2007, 01:26
I just threw together a Cadian troop box and I had the same issue. Lots of flash to remove. Npthing like the Cadian box I purchased when they first came out. It would seem QC at GW is beginning to slip a bit. :(

NickLess
28-11-2007, 01:59
I've never had big problems with flash except for the stinking Tau Vespid! I used a dremel tool just to be able to get them into the base slots.

MuttMan
28-11-2007, 02:00
Flash is not an issue, I have to remove the line on every model anyways. Just take the razorblade, and with the blade facing away (not facing into) scrape away the flash. How hard you press is up to you.

Example: the blade: \ The way it scrapes <-- so its <- \ it gets rid of flash in a flash without making pits in the resin model. With metal/pewter, this technique does not work so well, and requires the blade to face the way you scrape.