PDA

View Full Version : What army do you want to be updated next?

Ethlorien
28-11-2007, 01:16
Hey Folks,
Seeing as how there's already threads begun on what Skaven need, what Bretonnians should get, when updated, I was just curious to see what everyone wanted to be updated next. Also, if you've the time, a reason as to why you want said army to be updated. You'll note in the poll I didn't include Dark Elves or Vampire Counts as already they're going to be the next to get an update.

Personally, I would like to see an updated Dogs of War. I love the models, the idea, and the possibilities. I've got a few units of them and would like to field a legal army, though currently they do need a good dusting off (models and rules).

Thanks for your input

Warhammerrox
28-11-2007, 01:21
None of the above.....

Warhammer armies FISHMEN !!!!!!

hahahahahahaha :rolleyes: :(

Edit... I was only kidding you guys...

Chaos should be next after Vamps and Dark Elves, the forces of Chaos are the main protagonists of the Warhammer world after all. Then maybe Skaven as they do have some sticky rules left about from 6th Ed that could do with tidying up...

Count Sinister
28-11-2007, 01:30
Dogfish-of-war! Seriously, though - Dogs of War. That army has so much potential - it's crying out to be done properly. Some plastics for it would really not go astray either, and would mix well with the Empire plastics (although maybe that is what's holding GW back? Who knows.).

Ethlorien
28-11-2007, 01:36
Warhammer armies FISHMEN !!!!!!(

Dammit! Fine, include those bastards under Dogs of War, as they're never will be an entire army of them, but I'll let the idea of a single unit of them slide.

I hate the Fishmen!

Finnigan2004
28-11-2007, 01:43
I voted Hordes of Chaos because there are some elements of that list that drastically need rebalancing (daemons and chaos warriors for example).

chivalrous
28-11-2007, 02:09
*chuckles* I was going to tick Dark Elves if only to stop all the wishlisting ;)
Honestly, anyone would think we were High Elves with all the proverbial ink we've spilled on our speculation :p

How about Warhammer Armies :FAQ god only knows how many loose ends and vague rules need tidying up before any more armies are released.

mistformsquirrel
28-11-2007, 02:14
>.> The Dark Gods require an Update, lest they begin randomly devouring mortal souls! .. I mean more than usual that is.

Sir Charles
28-11-2007, 02:45
New Tomb Kings could fit with the new skeltons being devised for VC, bring them in line with each other again.

Scroofy
28-11-2007, 05:52
The old ones need to give new strengths to the Lizardmen

SV_Harlequin
28-11-2007, 05:55
VC just cause they are the oldest ones left out the list. But seeing as they are next anyway and then Dark Elves are I would say its a toss up between Chaos as one all defining Army Book including Mortals/Daemons/Beasts and Skaven.

And why are Dwarves and Asrai listed?

Bloodknight
28-11-2007, 06:04
Voted DoW. I've got 8K points of them and would like to see a new and a bit more competitive rules set.

Flypaper
28-11-2007, 06:07
After the next two semi-confirmed releases, I don't think there's much doubt that Chaos needs the update the most. We've heard rumours of a Daemons-specific book - and hey, that's fine; out-of-the-Hordes-book Daemons armies (a) suck and (b) have no unit variety, and meanwhile the SoC list is grossly overpowered - but it'd be a pity not to do some work on the Mortals at the same time.

On the Dogs of War front, I've been saying for years that they should re-do the army as the 'core' of the game, playable directly from the main rule-book. In other words, the (90% human) army would have one option each of each significant unit type mentioned - chariots, each type of warmachine, ranked infantry, skirmishers, heavy and fast cavalry, etc. - with 'ordinary' stats and no special rules, and at default points costs. This makes it fit in with the DoW hireling system in other armies much more fluidly, and you can add extra flavour-full-nes to all-DoW armies via the Regiments of Renown system.

Luisjoey
28-11-2007, 06:07
I want chaos for the run of the next year 2008

bhusus
28-11-2007, 06:19
I went with Chaos Dwarfs as their list is based on that Ravening Hordes deally...whatever that was again...and they have stats for them in the GW rulebook so I figure if anyone needs an upgrade, it should be them...if not a full out book, then an allied army rules set at the least like Kislev, or include them in a mortal chaos army thereby allowing different core choices along with marauders and pushing warriors to special, knights to rare...maybe...

Phoenix Blaze
28-11-2007, 10:48
I voted Dogs of War. As has been said, this list has so much potential for GW to pretty much introduce any kind of unit they want, more so with Regiments of Renown as they could bring in special characters that have been gone from armies for years.

I'd love to see Hordes and Beasts of Chaos redone, possibly as one giant book, but I think Chaos Dwarfs should be before all those two.

I do remember hearing a rumour, like 4 years ago, that after Beasts of Chaos was released, another book, called Engines of Chaos, or some such name was in the works, which we all thought meant Chaos Dwarfs, unfortunately it was not so.

snurl
28-11-2007, 11:33
DOW would be nice, but I voted for Chaos Dwarves because they havn't had anything new for ages, unless you count the hellcannon.

enyoss
28-11-2007, 12:15
I would have said Dark Elves, but seeing as they're on the Horizon (and they weren't in the poll anyway) a went for the lowly Chaos Dwarves.

Although their 4th edition incarnation wasn't the best (I know they have their fans...) they have such potential as a race. The concept of the Hellcannon and the 3rd edition war engines would make for a superb army. In fact, although I left the dwarves behind in '94 and have been a stalwart Elf player since, whenever I think of the possibilities for Chaos Dwarves I get quite excited. I think I need to get out more :).

Cheers,

enyoss

baba yaga
28-11-2007, 12:18
Chaos dwarves!!!!

I just don't understand GW's policy, If you see how little new mini's were released for the HE, don't they want to sell stuff? CD's would be a big seller, all new models and loadsof players who like them...

little evil stunties, melikes

nerull1025
28-11-2007, 13:49
I voted Chaos since thats what I play, in both systems, and they both have some minor and major flaws, even though 40k was just updated it added atleast as many problems as it took away if not more.
Anyway I wanted to say chaos dwarves since if I actually had the spare cash and time they'd be my next choice for fantasy, if they're all as sweet-lookin as the hellcannon that is, but I also like just the idea of them in general, plus I'd like to turn the tables on all those cheap regular dwarf, wood elf, empire and now high elf armies that just sit there treating me like a pin cushion.
Everythings less annoying when they turn evil; dwarves, elves, even humans, skaven are adorable either way, never had any but I now have a pet rat, with any luck he'll recruit all his brethren and wage some war, twitchin his lil nose all the while.

Guyver OmegaX
28-11-2007, 13:54
My heart says Lizardmen (my army), based primarily on me wanting shiny new models.

Seriously though I voted for Dogs of War; they're almost tragically over-looked and an army I miss playing against.

Angelwing
28-11-2007, 14:19
Chaos dwarfs dammit!

zak
28-11-2007, 16:03
I think it will be a blose run between Skaven and Chaos (mortals). However, I voted Chaos as I think they are the most likely to be done. I would love to see Chaos Dwarves, but I don't see that happening until atleast 2009/10. The Chaos Mortals need a complete rewrite as Chaos Warriors are the HE poor relation at the moment and the army needs a few more additional units if they lose the daemons.

Gekiganger
28-11-2007, 16:46
I'd like skaven, but since the last revision of them killed the army fluff for me I'd be scared of what they might do next. Other armies need it more though. Still, Skaven. Clanrat models are ******s.

guillaume
28-11-2007, 16:55
Tough question: long answer:
skavens, because it is time they get in line with 7th ed and a new wave of scary looking rats is always fun.
Chaos is obviously getting redone and so are the vamps, so no worries there.
Chaos Dwarves, absolutely because they would feel like a new army for many players (I myself have only played against 1 CD opponent in the last 8 years) but it shouldnt be too much of a stress for the warhammer community to deal with or for GW to come up with the goods.

Dogs of war I think is not too bad at the moment. I dont think it needs a complete rehaul. Perhaps a DoW army doesnt do well on its own, but the various DoW units in other armies generally works wonders! I have played with Mengil manflayers in an ogre army as a replacement for gnoblar trappers, and they were excellent in some situations.

DDogwood
28-11-2007, 17:55
I voted Chaos Dwarfs, because I miss what they bring to the game. They were never a "real" army, in that the only Army Book they ever had was just a compilation of White Dwarf articles, but the combination of evil Dwarf infantry and war machines with hordes of crappy Orcs, Goblins, and Hobgoblins was really fun to play against.

Dogs of War would be nice, too, but I think I mostly like them because they have pikemen, crossbowmen, and cannons, without silliness like steam tanks and repeater handguns.

Stella Cadente
28-11-2007, 17:57
I say Dogs of War, just for the interest, and plus I want pikemen, and an army that actually looks like it could exist in the real world

W0lf
28-11-2007, 18:09
Vampire counts, coz then i can start a VC army (stupid re-releasing half the range)

But as thats happening then ill be more original:

Hordes of chaos.

My two loves right there.

Ethlorien
28-11-2007, 18:29
And why are Dwarves and Asrai listed?

Sorry about that. I'm not too up to date with the dealings of the wood elves and dwarves. I thought their books were the last to come out under 6th edition, not 7th. I take it I'm wrong?

redbaron998
28-11-2007, 18:37
Skaven please....QUEEK

TzeentchForPresident
28-11-2007, 20:16
Chaos Dwarfs. Would to see them be given a proper army book. And as for the models, give them bigger hats! =p

txamil
28-11-2007, 23:55
Chaos dwarfs! I'm sick of slaves though can we kill them off? Let the hobgoblins escape to the steppes in case we want to bring them back into the world one day?

But to be honest I wish they would do a little of everything. Incremental progress and balancing instead of leaping every 5 years.
It's hard to stay interested when you get nothing new to buy and play with for 5 years.

It's just a dumb way to do it.

Staurikosaurus
29-11-2007, 04:38
Lizardmen, they're oft overlooked and a some of the models are more than 12 years old. An update for Dogs of War would be nice.

Please just let the Chaos Dwarves die. Think of them like the 40K squats for warhammer fantasy - bringing them in won't really add anything to the range other than dwarves with hats stolen from a chocolate factory.

Khorghan
29-11-2007, 05:03
Chaos, im a bigtime fan of everything chaos and i want to see warriors fixed and shiny new models!

Flypaper
29-11-2007, 06:47
Sorry about that. I'm not too up to date with the dealings of the wood elves and dwarves. I thought their books were the last to come out under 6th edition, not 7th. I take it I'm wrong?
Nope, you're right. The armies are compatible enough with 7th that most people think of them as being "6.5", though.

Captain Cortez
29-11-2007, 07:06
Skaven really need to be redone. Weopon teams suck because of the new rule in 7th ed. Grey Seers are just to nasty and where are all the lower Seers? Needs some tweeking on Stormvermin also. List goes on and on.

Chaos are ok to me except for the the SOC stuff.

Chaos Dwarfs would is a very close second. I voted Skaven though.

gerrymander61
29-11-2007, 07:22
Skaven do need to be redone. There's so many oversights and badly thought out rules in that army book so we can't take some of our units, and then get flack for stocking up on the few that are viable. (Warlock Engineer? Jezzails? WLC?)

Although, I have to say that I would be perfectly satisfied if DOW or Chaos came out before Skaven as those armies need updating as well. I would be extremely miffed if they threw in a new army (Chaos Dwarves) before updating the ones that exist and desperately need updating.

The Dark One
29-11-2007, 11:34
chaos dwarfs with big hats and then dogs of war

Ward.
29-11-2007, 12:13
I voted ogre kingdoms, They're an okay army I just think they could have had much more fluff, such as the background about greasius taking down that dragon.

But skaven and orcs need it more, orcs need the damn waagh rule changed and skaven have some holes.

Just Tony
29-11-2007, 13:14
Chaos Dwarfs. Hands down the most unupdated army in existence. They're still using the one piece plastics for crying out loud. The new imagery from the hellcannon is a perfect reason for getting back to these folks.

Ironbreaker
30-11-2007, 13:54
Nope, you're right. The armies are compatible enough with 7th that most people think of them as being "6.5", though.
Wait...So they'll actually be the last to be updated?
They changed since I played originally, though, so they're still new to me.

I'd like to see Chaos Dwarfs return if only to have the models as options for conversions!

Slaaneshi Ice Cream
01-12-2007, 00:05
Chaos chaos chaos

One big book with beasts, mortals, and demons! And a complimentary keychain.

Dwarf Runelord 45
20-12-2007, 04:34
Skaven!!!! I want the Doomwheel to come back!!!!!!!!

Sephtar II
20-12-2007, 20:13
I've gone for my Lizardmen, every morning I perform rituals to Tlazoatl in the hope that the lizardmen might get same general levels of attention as the other current races.

However I do think that CD would be a good idea, and Chaos need an update.

Crazy Harborc
21-12-2007, 02:43
Um......Will, will the Chaos Dwarves have new, improved helmets/hats??? Well???? Hummmmm......If not, I voted for DoW and assumed that included RoR too.:D

Ethlorien
21-12-2007, 03:04
Wow, 25% voting for Chaos Dwarfs. I find that impressive. It would certainly be nice to see an army book of them (fill in the gap between the Empire and the Mountains of Mourn).

0% for Dwarfs, eh? Is that 'cause no one cares about them, or because their perfect the way they are (honest question as I've never played with or against them, though I know it might have something to do with the fact they were one of the last 6th ed. armies to be updated)?

diehard0123
21-12-2007, 07:22
I say Chaos Dwarfs and Kislev. I am also up for a new army as well (Amazon Queens of Lustria)

crazywhiteboydance
21-12-2007, 09:12
Goddamn!!! Revamp my Chaos Dwarfs pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaassssssseeee! :cries:

I'm not fussy, anything'll do even just a new pdf.

Tzeentch Loyalist
21-12-2007, 15:57
Wow, 25% voting for Chaos Dwarfs. I find that impressive. It would certainly be nice to see an army book of them (fill in the gap between the Empire and the Mountains of Mourn).

0% for Dwarfs, eh? Is that 'cause no one cares about them, or because their perfect the way they are (honest question as I've never played with or against them, though I know it might have something to do with the fact they were one of the last 6th ed. armies to be updated)?

Actually, dwarves were the first update to 7th edition (3rd in 6th). I have 3k pts of dwarves and I think they rock. There is nothing really wrong with them. They fit their fluff and they are rock hard (no pun intended) troops. I voted for chaos dwarves because they have been neglected for far too long. That, and I play mostly evil armies. I'd probably collect them just to fill out my chaos armies... I know that they won't be compatable, i just love chaos.

Von Bismarck
21-12-2007, 17:54
mortals and beasts need an up date, herds atm are crippled against some enemies as ranking 4 wide minimum gimps them against losts of stuff, bestigors are way to expensive, dragon ogres only have T4, shaggoths are way over priced.

also the undivided bestigor models suck ( but lets be fair who the ****** uses UD bestigors)

hounds are to expensive to buy.

the DO models suck bad.

and thats just off the top of my head =D

CHAOSCHAOSCHAOS wooooooo=D