PDA

View Full Version : The Blood Slaughterer Marines on Catachan

vforvenator
28-11-2007, 01:05
.. Led by Jhurgan Slaughter: does anyone remember this Epic scenario from White Dwarf in the mid-nineties? Seriously I'm not confusing this with a black metal band as the case may sound, this was a Chaos warband from a renegade chapter that was looking to Khorne yet hadn't quite followed it through, from what I recall, and was trying to use some ancient megalithic pillars or pylons (note this was before the Necrons had been invented, or at least formally introduced) on Catachan as a warp gate or beacon of some kind.
The presence of ancient landmarks on Catachan kind of goes against the fluff (as the vegetation is supposed to consume anything in a matter of years) but is there any mention of this anywhere else? Is it still Fluffy?

Commander Dante
28-11-2007, 01:10
possibly? If it was constructed by chaos it is completly possible that the pylons would survive on Catachan. And maybe they were trying to realease a deamon and turn catachan into a daemon world

Shaper Shakra
28-11-2007, 03:14
I haven't read anything that goes against it, so I'd say yeah. Still fluffy. Did the article say what happened to them?

vforvenator
28-11-2007, 14:01
No, it was a scenario and so open-ended, but no answer as to what the pillars actually were was given, so I was wondering if there were clues anywhere else.

Slacker
28-11-2007, 14:47
possibly? If it was constructed by chaos it is completly possible that the pylons would survive on Catachan. And maybe they were trying to realease a deamon and turn catachan into a daemon world

Would anyone even notice? Honestly, everything I've ever read about the planet indicates that it might even become a bit more hospitable for human inhabitation if it was.

Sister_Sin
28-11-2007, 18:11
To my knowledge nothing about pylons on Catachan has been mentioned and I don't recall the scenario you refer to unfortunately.

There are pylons or obelisks of some sort on Cadia though, in the Eisenhorn stories, but as I say, that's Cadia and not Catachan.

Sister Sin

Leftenant Gashrog
28-11-2007, 19:38
It was in WD198, part of an article on Veteran units for EPIC.

"Fortunately for the Catachans the story of the warp gate was well known. For centuries people had speculated as to the nature of the ruined structures that stood in the jungle. None could doubt the mystery of the structures, why hadnt they been destroyed like everything else they had ever tried to build? A few high ranking Imperial Guard officers were privy to the real secret of the warp gate."