PDA

View Full Version : 1500 dwarf army

phoenixcrh
28-11-2007, 02:41
General.
Hero. (thordek stormjard)
Thane with a runic axe (rune of cleaving), a runic shield (master rune of steel and rune of stone) and an oath stone = 162.
(goes with ironbreakers)

Hero. (dramnir helmshot)
Master engineer with a great weapon, runic armour (master rune of gromril) = 99.
(goes with entrenched cannon)

Core units.
2*20 dwarf warriors with shields, a musician and a standard bearer = 390.

2*10 thunderers = 280.

Special units.
*27 ironbreakers with a musician and a standard bearer with a runic banner (rune of battle and rune of stoicism) = 419.
(thanes oathbearers) (7*4 formation)

Runic cannon (master rune of immolation and rune of reloading) and an engineer with a brace of pistols = 150.
(entrenched)

= 1500.

phoenixcrh
28-11-2007, 02:49
2000 dwarf army

General.
Lord. (thurgaz grimjaw)
Runelord with a great weapon, runic armour (rune of stone), a runic ring (master rune of balance) and an anvil of doom = 374.

Thane with a runic axe (rune of cleaving), a runic shield (master rune of steel and rune of stone) and an oath stone = 162.
(goes with ironbreakers)

Hero. (dramnir helmshot)
Master engineer with a great weapon, runic armour (master rune of gromril) and a runic ring (rune of warding) = 114.

Core units.
2*20 dwarf warriors with shields and full command = 410.

2*10 thunderers = 280.

Special units.
*34 ironbreakers with a musician and a standard bearer with a runic banner (rune of battle and rune of stoicism) = 510.
(thanes oathbearers) (7*5 formation)

Runic cannon (master rune of immolation and rune of reloading) and an engineer with a brace of pistols = 150.
(entrenched)

= 2000.

phoenixcrh
28-11-2007, 03:03
Any critique or advice would be appreciated :)

phoenixcrh
28-11-2007, 21:43
bumpety bump bump

AFoolProofPlan
28-11-2007, 22:25
Since I'm no master of Dwarven warfare myself, all of this is just a personal opinion of mine. So you can take it or leave it.

2000 pt list
Ironbreakers shouldn't be that big. It'll make it hard to maenuver, and it's also a huge point sink. With the Thane in it. It comes to 672 pts. well around 1/3 of your entire army. If they get stuck in a tarpit, that's nearly 700 pts being stopped for 1 or 2 turns, maybe even more. A unit of 20 ~ 24 ish should be enough.

And with the saved point, you might be able to get a unit of Slayer

Does the ME need the MroGromril?. He shouldn't be in combat anyways, so a RoStone should suffice on him. Which will save you some point.

The Cannon doesn't need RoReloading or Engineer if you just get RoForging since it lets you re-roll if you misfire. And personally, I'd go with one more warmachine.

phoenixcrh
06-12-2007, 17:18
2000 dwarf army
> I basically play a refused flank where each unit covers the rest.

General.
Lord. (thurgaz grimjaw)
Runelord with a great weapon, runic armour (rune of stone), a runic ring (master rune of balance) and an anvil of doom = 374.

> The runelord will go into the furthest reaches of a corner with no space to move and pick off enemies from afar or help the battle line with his anvil. Also provides 8 dispel dice so im not really that worried about magic.

(goes with ironbreakers)

> provides a stable fighting character and with the master rune of steel can withstand most attacks. Also his oath stone coupled with the ironbreakers and the Runes of battle and stoicism will provide a solid shield wall from which the Runelord cant be touched behind.

Hero. (dramnir helmshot)
Master engineer with a great weapon, runic armour (master rune of gromril) and a runic ring (rune of warding) = 114.

> Entrenches the cannon so that it can hardly be shot at or charged effectively. Him and the engineer can fight off most war machine hunters like fast cavalry and flyers. With the master rune of steel, gunners pride and the entrenchment this will be a very surviveable cannon, and if it doesnt then the master rune of immolation will avenge the cannons death :D. Also provides alittle extra magic defence with the rune of warding.

Core units.
2*20 dwarf warriors with shields and full command = 410.

> Gives me static hand to hand, CR and numbers.

2*10 thunderers = 280.

> Allows me to shoot and bring down most things including heavy cavalry. Putting them on hills where i can.

Special units.
*34 ironbreakers with a musician and a standard bearer with a runic banner (rune of battle and rune of stoicism) = 510.

> This is my last resort (oath stone) and the enticing unit daring any one to come and face me. In a 7*5 formation it is wide enough and has the numbers/AS to deal with most things, while the thane deals with any nasty surprises. It should have a static CR of 6 with ranks, runes and SB so im not worried about running away.

(entrenched)

> Now this little beauty is a proper war machine :) I can shoot any big beasties, enemy war machines and chariots with this aswell as ride through ranks when needed. It has 5 crew which means it stops marches, its stubborn and well protected as i stated earlier with the master engineer.

= 2000.

Deployment -
The iron breakers will be set up and a slight diagonal angle so they cant get charged from behind. And with my cannon there anyone who tries to flank my warriors will get blown up lol.

BBBGBBB DDDDD DDDDD CCC TTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTT
BBBBBBB DDDDD DDDDD CCC
BBBBBBB DDDDD DDDDD EME
BBBBBBB DDDDD DDDDD
BBBBBBB

AAA
ARA

R = Runelord
G = General (thane)
ME = Master Engineer
A = Anvil/Anvil guards
C = Cannon/Crew
B = Iron Breakers
D = Dwarf Warriors
T= Thunderers

In effect I will be playing defensively and to those specifications, adjusting to the battle field where necessary but the principle is the same.

For my 1500 point army above it will work almost the same except without the runelord.

EndlessBug
06-12-2007, 23:58
(goes with ironbreakers)

a MUCH cheaper version would be great weapon MRo Gromil, Oath Stone

Hero. (dramnir helmshot)

doesnt need MRo Gromil, save that for the actual combat character. When taking a master engineer you should either give him support runes or go bare minimum, he'll be able to take most war machine hunters on his own anyway.

Special units.

> This is my last resort (oath stone) and the enticing unit daring any one to come and face me. In a 7*5 formation it is wide enough and has the numbers/AS to deal with most things, while the thane deals with any nasty surprises. It should have a static CR of 6 with ranks, runes and SB so im not worried about running away.

FAR too big, you will never need so many of these. 510 points for this unit which the opponent can easily take out of the game soon with a simple flank charge with a throw away 100 pt unit. 24 should really be the maximum for these guys. Saving you 130 points in my book. Enough for a Flame cannon maybe? or another cannon? or a few bolt throwers? grudge thrower? Organ Gun?

(entrenched)

> Now this little beauty is a proper war machine :) I can shoot any big beasties, enemy war machines and chariots with this aswell as ride through ranks when needed. It has 5 crew which means it stops marches, its stubborn and well protected as i stated earlier with the master engineer.

I'd remove the runes and engineer and like has been said before take a forging rune. it may be well protected but by using the imolation rune as stated you're still handing the opponent 264 VPs... more than most fully ranked up units! It will NEVER do it's points back.

stopping marches? if it's close enouygh to do that it's about to get charged, making that ability useless. Also, 1 cannon is far too easy to avoid with those targets, 2 gives you a much greater field of threat

RaZeR
07-12-2007, 10:29
Just briefly, IMO playing defensively with 1 cannon and 2 units of thunderers wont really work. Any heavy shooting army will rip you apart, and even a non-shooting fast army can take out your thunderers and roll up the rest of your army while ignoring the IBs completely...
Plus if you do get a flank charge into those IBs you're in quite a lot of trouble :)

phoenixcrh
08-12-2007, 03:42
Taking in the feed back, I have changed my army to this... What do you think?

1500 points.

General.
Thane with a great weapon, runic armour (master rune of gromril) and a runic cloak (master rune of spite) and an oath stone = 159.
(goes with ironbreakers)

Core units.
2*20 dwarf warriors with great weapons, a veteran and a standard bearer = 440.

3*10 thunderers = 420.

Special units.
*19 ironbreakers with a musician and a standard bearer with a runic banner (rune of battle and rune of stoicism) = 315.
(thanes oathbearers)

Runic cannon (master rune of defence and rune of forging) = 165.

= 1499.

2000 points.

General.
Lord. (Thurgaz Grimjaw)
Runelord with a great weapon, runic shield (rune of stone), a runic ring (master rune of balance) and an anvil of doom = 379.

Hero. (Thordek Stormjard)
Thane with a great weapon, runic armour (master rune of gromril) and a runic cloak (master rune of spite) and an oath stone = 159.
(goes with ironbreakers)

Core units.
2*20 dwarf warriors with great weapons, shields, a veteran and a standard bearer = 480.

3*10 thunderers = 420.

Special units.
*24 ironbreakers with a musician and a standard bearer with a runic banner (rune of battle and rune of stoicism) = 380.
(thanes oathbearers)

Runic cannon (master rune of defence and rune of forging) with an engineer = 180.

= 1998.

AFoolProofPlan
08-12-2007, 07:40
You should really try to fit in another warmachine. 1 Cannon, with or without RoForging won't kill enough. Even a single Bolt Thrower with a RoPenetrating would be nice. As it will provide you a way to deal with chariots.
Also I'd suggest Cannon with just RoForging on it. No other runes and no engineer. Sure, Engineer lets you re-roll on misfire chart. But honestly, if you roll 1's 3 times. It's meant to blow up.

Also consider using a unit of Quarrellers, if you get a chance. Against most infantries, S4 Crossbow will be enough to kill, and deal with AS. After all, Not every race has 4+ AS on their basic infantry. And 30" of range isn't too bad either.

What are your plans for your Runelord though?
Aside from Wrath and Ruining every turn, and occasional sprint. I don't see much use for him. Maybe a unit of Miner is in order?

Dwarf Runelord 45
18-12-2007, 01:22
Try getting another war machine other than that list looks pretty tight.