Archmage - 358 Pts (joins reavers)
General
Lore of High Magic
Magic Level 4
Elf Steed
Dragonhorn
Jewel of the Dusk
2x Dispel Scroll

Dragon Mage - 435 Pts (fire from above :cool:)
Magic Level 2
Ring of Fury
Silver Wand

2x 10 Archers - 220 Pts

5 Dragon Princes - 260 Pts
Musician
Standard Bearer; Banner of Sorcery
Drakemaster; Talisman of Loec

5 Dragon Princes - 230 Pts
Musician
Standard Bearer; Banner of Ellyrion
Drakemaster; Amulet of Light

5 Ellyrian Reavers - 92 Pts
Musician

3x Tiranoc Chariot - 255 Pts

3x Great Eagles - 150 Pts

Casting: 9+d3+Dragon Mage extra dice+Bound Spell

Dispel: 5+2 Dispel Scrolls

Total Army Cost: 2000

i really like the idea of dragon mage so i had to give it a try... going magic heavy seems the best way to make most of his abilities... so, what do you think?

aenarion67
28-11-2007, 06:42
a bit small. is it really wise to put the archmage in the reavers unit? maybe take away a chariot and eagle and try to fit another mage.

grhino
28-11-2007, 09:10
Why put him in the reavers instead of dragon princes? Just make sure you get a magic spell that gives you CC-ability.

joske
28-11-2007, 17:24
i don't think i need another mage, my characters are quite a pointssink as they are and I find my magic phase to be strong enough. I will try to keep my archmage out of harms way. Reavers will give him enough mobility to make it happen. Archmage is a support caster in this army. Archmage will try to draw some dispel dice first so that Dragon Mage could cast his damage spells. Archmage uses high lore so that he doesn't need LOS for most of his spells as he should stay behind the lines and spread his Ld where needed. He is there to protect the army while DM does all the killing. Though, some extra fury or flames wouldn't hurt my plans ;). My biggest concern are warmachine heavy armies, but with 20 archers and all the damage spells i could end up with, i believe that warmachines would be out of the game pretty fast. After that my DM with his flaming sword should kick some serious butt. Dragonhorn will help to pass all the fear and other tests when i charge my whole army into enemy ranks.