PDA

View Full Version : Battle Report program

Luisjoey
28-11-2007, 05:46
Hello friends... i want to make my own battle reports... but i was wondering where i can download a battle report program???... you know to make battle grafics as in White dwarf magazine.

Thanks in advance :D

Luisjoey
28-11-2007, 19:33
Some WH40k battle report i correct please

Agrip. Varenus Denter
29-11-2007, 05:40
That I know of, there is no such thing as a Battle Report program whatsoever - Now, with the battle graphics - I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but all you really need is a digital camera for the pictures, a program like Word or OpenOffice for the text and insert text boxes, and with the Turn graphics - you can do that with Fireworks, GIMP, or Photoshop. I don't know exactly what GW uses for theirs, but you can do the same with what is mentioned above - plus other programs that I may have neglected to mention.

chromedog
29-11-2007, 08:47
There is a guy I know who did a battle report with animations (units wheeled -turned - and moved and other icons came up indicating hits/casualties. Straylight, on wargamerau (Australian/NZ gaming forum).

Try going here.http://battlereports.net/reports.html

Down the bottom of the page is the file for Straylight's demo battle with his custom icons. You do have to download the player utility and the battlereport (.br) file as well.

Otherwise, nothing else that I have seen. Battlereports.net have a battlereport creator in the works, though. Keep watching the skies!

Permanganate
29-11-2007, 10:23
I watched the two 40k reports. That program's a great find. It could be improved, however...the comments tend to be nowhere near the action they're commenting on, and the units are indistinguishable and blend into the bright board and terrain features. It would probably be a lot better with icons for the units and subdued colors for the terrain.

Agrip. Varenus Denter
29-11-2007, 12:55
Otherwise, nothing else that I have seen. Battlereports.net have a battlereport creator in the works, though. Keep watching the skies!

That's great news - that should be pretty useful! :)

Hopefully, it'll be free and stay free even after it gets enormously popular... I bet it will, too. I'd imagine that some people would decide that they'd have to charge money at that point. Not that it's ever happened, of course. ;)

Luisjoey
29-11-2007, 17:57
that BR is great! i would like to have it...but still in works :(

there is not a single battler report for WH 40k???

Permanganate
29-11-2007, 19:40
there is not a single battler report for WH 40k???

Look harder (http://battlereports.net/reports.html), particularly below the title "Warhammer (40K)".