PDA

View Full Version : Active Deamon Primarchs

Commisar BoB
28-11-2007, 08:46
Hey all
I heard of the world eaters primarch still running about killing stuff (in the deamnhunters codex) but what about the other ones?

pookie
28-11-2007, 09:00
Hey all
I heard of the world eaters primarch still running about killing stuff (in the deamnhunters codex) but what about the other ones?

wasnt Angron banished till approx now? ( in the fluff that is)

the rest tend to laze round on there relevant Daemon Worlds, it takes too much energy and effort for them to bother.

silence
28-11-2007, 09:16
There used to be epic figures for Mortarion, Fulgrim, Angron and Magnus so i'd assume that at some point most of them have turned up.

Oh and yes, Angron was banished by Grey Knights in the 1st Armageddon war.

Lastie
28-11-2007, 11:09
There's a small box-out of fluff on page 36 of the CSM Codex about Angron and a 'modest' little crusade he indulged himself in during M38, a while before the First War for Armageddon, if I remember correctly. After Armageddon Angron seems to have been keeping quiet - bruised ego perhaps?

As for the other Primarchs, most of them seem to be keeping themselve to themselves and enjoying inter-Legion wars inside the Eye. It's stated (3.5th Ed CSM, I think) that Lorgar continues to preach the Chaos Cult from Sicarus, and Magnus broods and plots on the Planet of Sorcerers, while Perturabo, Mortarion, and Fulgrim seem content on their respective worlds.

In other words, like the Legions they once led, the Daemon Primarchs seem to have been reduced to footnotes in current fluff. :mad:

rickie8437
28-11-2007, 11:22
it is a shame that we will never see a primarch in the game or pop up in the new fluff again GOD DAM YOU WORKSHOP

pookie
28-11-2007, 11:28
it is a shame that we will never see a primarch in the game

personally im glad they aint in the game and stay in the fluff, imaging the arguments and hissy fits people would have because there 'primarch' had been nerfed/dont meet what they would expect in the game!

Commisar BoB
28-11-2007, 12:53
You know with APOC we could make data-sheets that can truly represent a primarch....*starts thinking with an evil smile*

The pestilent 1
28-11-2007, 13:38
You know with APOC we could make data-sheets that can truly represent a primarch....*starts thinking with an evil smile*

And the C'tan and proper Daemon princes, and Exalted Greater Daemons (Like the Forge World Possy) and...

I love Apocalypse.

StanMcKim
28-11-2007, 15:51
I imagine most people have heard rumours that there is some big event happening for 40k next summer. My own personal belief is that they're going to come out with an apocalypse suppliment that details the Primarchs and Pre-Heresy/Heresy era marine formations and vehicles, and that there will be a heresy-era campaign. But thats just conjecture.
-Stan

Dalenator
28-11-2007, 16:16
personally im glad they aint in the game and stay in the fluff, imaging the arguments and hissy fits people would have because there 'primarch' had been nerfed/dont meet what they would expect in the game!

Thats why I play blood angels:p

Commander Dante
28-11-2007, 16:29

Hear Hear Brother!

Erkenbrand
28-11-2007, 17:52
Have you checked out the Bell of Lost Souls? It's a blog. They have rules for Heresy-era battles. It's quite interesting, worth a sniff at least.

A primarch or proper daemon would be good for game fluff, bad for game play - it just wouldn't be any fun because Angron would destroy anything in CC. Venerable dreadnoughts, Wraithlords, Avatars, Wraiths..... dust.

Xgladar
28-11-2007, 19:56
Most demon primarchs are now simply trying to keep their legions together probably.

while in the imperium they were "the law",so nobody would mess with them in fear of crossing the emperor.inside the eye of terror the legions constantly battle each other and weird anomalies,demons and such probably.

lorgar mostly directs his legion from sicarius,most of the legion still follows him.

Maggy rules his sorcerer world from his oh-so-mighty citadel,most of the legion still follows him(except the ones ahriman took with him)

Angron uses whats left of his world eaters(almost completely scattered legion)to attack stuff(hey,he works for khorne,what did ya expect).he was banished in armageddon tho,not sure for how long.

Fulgrim has probably mutated into a giant spiked vagina or something and now spends his time watching guro...

the rest i cant imagine.alpharius(if hes alive) probably never ascended since his legion didnt escape into the eye...mortarion probably sits ahigh his mighty demon world and neglects his legion....perturabo is probablyplanning his revenge on the imperium

Shorty McShortshort
28-11-2007, 20:09
I swear I read somewhere that Typus killed Morty, but i'm most likely wrong. And arn't Fulgrim and some of the others floating around in the warp?

The Guy
28-11-2007, 20:16
If I was a chaos god and made some guy my No.1 Bad guy-follower thing, I'd be a bit miffed if they just sat around on their own world all day instead of doing some real work.

Lastie
28-11-2007, 20:23

And then they ret-con the fluff - look who's back! "No worries, it was just a flesh wound! Now would someone hand me my swor - WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY LEGION? WHAT'S THIS 'CHAPTER' CRAP?" Cue Sanguinius going psycho and taking his agression out on the Eye single-handed. Hilarity ensues.

Templar-Sun
28-11-2007, 22:49
Fulgrim took out an eldar Avatar with a single punch?!?!? Sheesh, that would really crank me up... However, if I could field Dorn and Sigismund in my Templars.... Watch out!!

Templar=Sun

zendral
28-11-2007, 22:53
And then they ret-con the fluff - look who's back! "No worries, it was just a flesh wound! Now would someone hand me my swor - WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY LEGION? WHAT'S THIS 'CHAPTER' CRAP?" Cue Sanguinius going psycho and taking his agression out on the Eye single-handed. Hilarity ensues.

lol, nice.

As time works funky in the warp, it has'nt been as long to them since the heresy. Most are just taking care of business in the eye, and probably preparing for when they do get out and cause some bigtime damage. Magnus has been toying with the space pups and I imagine he would love nothing more then to eradicate them and there homeworld first of all things. Till he does decide to do something big, there are a lot of books to read and psychic powers to play with. Each other Primarch is probably doing there own thing, but also preparing for each of there own ultimate black crusades.

Last I understood, Fulgrim(being possessed by a daemon now) dissapeared and left the Emp Children to fall apart. He is a daemon afterall, and his sense of pride to keep his legion together no longer exists.

Angron is probably still licking his wounds from Armeg, and preparing for another incursion.

Mortarion....what the hell is this guy doing? Soaking in his puss bath? Typhus is certainly busy, but I just don't know about him.

Commander Dante
29-11-2007, 03:44
It took more for fulgrim to kill the avatar than just a punch. It also took some strangling, and a couple more punches.

thearchiver
29-11-2007, 04:03
Angron's bashishment lasted for 100 years, the first war of Armageddon was 300 years before the 2nd, so hes had 200 years plus the time from the 2nd and 3rd war to get his act back together.

Commisar BoB
29-11-2007, 07:53
You know it would just be nice to have another chaos guy besides Abby/or one of his lackeys screw up a black crusade/global campaign.

Lastie
29-11-2007, 08:20
You know it would just be nice to have another chaos guy besides Abby/or one of his lackeys screw up a black crusade/global campaign.

It's probably why Abaddon exists - to be the classic villain who always screws up his plans for galactic domination. If you had a Primarch do that we'd never heard the end of the NERD RAGE! (To be read aloud in your head with a deep booming voice.)

elusiveintrovert
29-11-2007, 08:37
Angron's bashishment lasted for 100 years, the first war of Armageddon was 300 years before the 2nd, so hes had 200 years plus the time from the 2nd and 3rd war to get his act back together.

Actually, I believe that Angron was banished for one thousand years and a day. That would make him incapable of participating in the second and third wars for Armageddon as he was still trapped in the warp.

Lord Damocles
29-11-2007, 09:21
Concerning Angron:

White Dwarf 247 (the first month of the Armageddon campaign), 'The Armageddon Steel Legion', pages 54 - 56 states that:

500 years before Gazghull (spelt wrong, but hey:p) was born, Angron invaded Armageddon (1st war). Assuming that Gazzy was about 50 when he invaded for the fisrt time, and knowing that the 3rd war was exactly 50 years after the first, this would be around 600 years ago ie. about 400.M41 (the article doesn't acually give a date).

Angron was banished by a Grey Knight Grand Master (Yeah! go Imperium:D), and his essence did not return from the warp for 100 years.

600 years ago + banished for 100 years = wandering around in the present.

pookie
29-11-2007, 10:07
Concerning Angron:

White Dwarf 247 (the first month of the Armageddon campaign), 'The Armageddon Steel Legion', pages 54 - 56 states that:

500 years before Gazghull (spelt wrong, but hey:p) was born, Angron invaded Armageddon (1st war). Assuming that Gazzy was about 50 when he invaded for the fisrt time, and knowing that the 3rd war was exactly 50 years after the first, this would be around 600 years ago ie. about 400.M41 (the article doesn't acually give a date).

Angron was banished by a Grey Knight Grand Master (Yeah! go Imperium:D), and his essence did not return from the warp for 100 years.

600 years ago + banished for 100 years = wandering around in the present.

well im still in the mind set that it was a 1000 years, dont know why, but thats just what sticks in my mind, not 100 years ( which imo isnt a very long time to be banished when your immortal )

Matt129
29-11-2007, 10:49
In Grey Knights by Ben Counter the daemon lord Ghargatuloth is banished by the Grey Knights for 1000 years.
This might be why you have that figure in your head.

pookie
29-11-2007, 11:25
In Grey Knights by Ben Counter the daemon lord Ghargatuloth is banished by the Grey Knights for 1000 years.
This might be why you have that figure in your head.

aint read it so cant be that, maybe its just old fluff thats changed ( my 40K history streches back to 91/92 onwards)

Lastie
29-11-2007, 12:20
I want to know how they can make it so precise, and how do they enforce it? Have they revoked his passport? Is there a border patrol between the material universe and the Warp that they can post Grey Knight Terminators at to inspect everything to make sure Angron's not hiding in the boot/trunk?

The Rule of Cool has some explaining to do ... :p

thearchiver
29-11-2007, 12:43
Sorry yes the Frist war was 500 years before the 2nd, I was reading Van Strab entry in the Chaod attack rule before which says you can use him as he wont be born for 300 years, which threw me off track.

And yes to double check the bashiment was only 100 years, going be the Chaos attack rule book. (the first place it was writen)

The pestilent 1
29-11-2007, 13:21
I want to know how they can make it so precise, and how do they enforce it? Have they revoked his passport? Is there a border patrol between the material universe and the Warp that they can post Grey Knight Terminators at to inspect everything to make sure Angron's not hiding in the boot/trunk?

I think it's more that Khorne has been shouting at Angron for the last thousand years, saying how his chosen homie got his **** handed to him While Slaaneshes pimped up weirdo just possesses anyone that gets him.

Burning Star IV
29-11-2007, 15:39
So who has more power within the eye, abby or a daemon primarch?

Kandarin
29-11-2007, 17:08

I prefer to accept the assumption that "A hundred/thousand/whatever years and a day" is just Imperial drama-speak for "A really long time".

scientist tz
29-11-2007, 18:40
The Daemon Primarchs are probably twisted, insane, and incapable of rational planning. I would think they spend the long years fulfilling all of their base desires on their daemon world.

More than likely they have some moments of clarity every now and then when their minds function much as they did when they were mortals. That's when they pose a threat to the imperium.

So, like the Emperor, I think they're powerful but they don't have much actual power. The maintain their daemon worlds and sustain the Eye of Terror but that's about it.

Griffty
29-11-2007, 18:46
quick point - Alpharius was killed by Gulliman - about the only heroic thing he ever did, and Im an Ultramarines player

Commander Dante
29-11-2007, 20:00
im sick of people undercutting Guilliman. He did alot for the Imperium. If it were not for the Ultramarines the Imperium would have fallen apart. While all the other primarchs were grieving for the Emperor he got to work to protect what the Emperor had set out to do. All of the other Primarchs may have been supieor warriors but what was Rogal Dorn doing to preserve what his father set out to do? getting his asked kicked by Purtabo at the Iron Cage. Where was Corax? locked in his tower for a year. Lion el'Jonson? goes back to Caliban and disspears after half his legion goes traitor. All of these Primarchs were great tactitions and yet they wernt useing thier heads.

I would also like to give credit Leman Russ, Jaghatai Khan, and Vulkan for not pulling a houdini on the Imperium, unitil it was stabilized.

Cirrus the Blue
29-11-2007, 20:51
I imagine most people have heard rumours that there is some big event happening for 40k next summer. My own personal belief is that they're going to come out with an apocalypse suppliment that details the Primarchs and Pre-Heresy/Heresy era marine formations and vehicles, and that there will be a heresy-era campaign. But thats just conjecture.
-Stan

Now THAT would be neat!

- Cirrus

Have you checked out the Bell of Lost Souls? It's a blog. They have rules for Heresy-era battles. It's quite interesting, worth a sniff at least.

A primarch or proper daemon would be good for game fluff, bad for game play - it just wouldn't be any fun because Angron would destroy anything in CC. Venerable dreadnoughts, Wraithlords, Avatars, Wraiths..... dust.

Well, just look at the Forge World Greater Daemons! They're totally unbalanced, but still tons of fun to play with. :D I would imagine the Primarchs being similar in power and ability for gameplay. They wouldn't be insta-pwn as there's still the aspect of at least TRYING to make them balanced, but they would be freaking awesome all the same.

- Cirrus

Most demon primarchs are now simply trying to keep their legions together probably.

while in the imperium they were "the law",so nobody would mess with them in fear of crossing the emperor.inside the eye of terror the legions constantly battle each other and weird anomalies,demons and such probably.

lorgar mostly directs his legion from sicarius,most of the legion still follows him.

Maggy rules his sorcerer world from his oh-so-mighty citadel,most of the legion still follows him(except the ones ahriman took with him)

Angron uses whats left of his world eaters(almost completely scattered legion)to attack stuff(hey,he works for khorne,what did ya expect).he was banished in armageddon tho,not sure for how long.

Fulgrim has probably mutated into a giant spiked vagina or something and now spends his time watching guro...

the rest i cant imagine.alpharius(if hes alive) probably never ascended since his legion didnt escape into the eye...mortarion probably sits ahigh his mighty demon world and neglects his legion....perturabo is probablyplanning his revenge on the imperium

hahaha I like that quote about Fulgrim. Seriously though, it shows a pic of him in the new HH artbook. Looks like a big, purple naga (half snake/humanoid). Also, Alpharius (even though he was a freaking DUDE!!! :evilgrin:) was sadly killed in the same battle that Guilliman was killed in. I forget exactly what the Adeptus Astartes said specifically about what Mortarion was doing though besides residing on his own Daemonword.

So who has more power within the eye, abby or a daemon primarch?

I'd think the Daemon Primarchs would be able to as easy as snap their fingers. But they probably couldn't care less as they're pretty happy on their own worlds to want to spend their time fighting when they can be basking on their sunny (or otherwise) beaches of blood/vomit/noun-I-shouldn't-post-on-a-family-forum/liquid souls as the case may be.

- Cirrus

Commander Dante
29-11-2007, 20:54
Guilliman was killed in a sepereate battle from the one with Alpharius. He was killed later by Fulgrim

Burning Star IV
30-11-2007, 06:05
I'd think the Daemon Primarchs would be able to as easy as snap their fingers. But they probably couldn't care less as they're pretty happy on their own worlds to want to spend their time fighting when they can be basking on their sunny (or otherwise) beaches of blood/vomit/noun-I-shouldn't-post-on-a-family-forum/liquid souls as the case may be.

- Cirrus

Able to what? Have more power than Abbadon?

Lastie
30-11-2007, 07:48
Able to what? Have more power than Abbadon?

For a 'mere' Space Marine you have to admit Ezekyle's done well for himself. He's able to command the respect of all nine Legions and a considerable portion of the renegade Chapters, as well as an unholy amount of the general 'lost and the damned' that swear allegience to Chaos. In addition, it's has been mentioned Abaddon has a fair amount of 'allies' (using the word loosely, as no self-respecting Daemon would be friends with a mortal) amongst the Warp, and after thirteen Black Crusades has gathered a considerable amount of powerful artifacts (including a few Blackstone Fortresses/Talismans of Vaul), such as Drach'nyen and the 'Heart of Chaos' (whatever that is).

All in all, Abaddon's doing well for himself. We haven't heard anything from the Daemon Primarchs except Angron (who, to date, has ravaged a sector and a hive world, while Abaddon's decimated a fair number of sectors, and quite a few hive worlds, and more). Go team Primarch! :rolleyes:

Commisar BoB
30-11-2007, 08:46
I think part of the problem with the Primarchs is there is no one powerful enough to focus them from their own agendas. During the Great Crusade there was the Emperor who was more powerful then all of them. The result being the largest expansion in human history. Then came Horus the "greatest" of the primarchs. Who focused/tricked them into the Hersey. So I think someone needs to come around and focus/trick/threaten them into action.

Commander Dante
30-11-2007, 16:14
I think part of the problem with the Primarchs is there is no one powerful enough to focus them from their own agendas. During the Great Crusade there was the Emperor who was more powerful then all of them. The result being the largest expansion in human history. Then came Horus the "greatest" of the primarchs. Who focused/tricked them into the Hersey. So I think someone needs to come around and focus/trick/threaten them into action.

one could make the argument the powers of chaos undivided could modivate them.
and i dont see why thier individual patron gods coudlnt motivate them either.