PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Allies in Apocalypse

Sholto
28-11-2007, 10:50
Let's hear from Chaos players - what units would you add (or have you already added) to your Chaos army from other army lists for Apocalypse?

I don't want to focus on what units would be the best from a competitive point of view, but what allied/ enslaved units would you love to see in your army and why? If you want to give a bit of background that's cool too.

One of my very favourite models is the Penitent Engine. It would not take much conversion work to add a Space Marine or IG Commissar to the front of one of those, with a pack of arco-flagellants to accompany it into certain death :)

I would also like to get Fabius Bile and have him accompanied by a troupe of enslaved Tyranids. I can see that being the kind of thing he'd get up to.

Nurgle Orks. Spikey bits, daemonic buboes and clanking machinery on the one model! A Chaos ork warband would be fun.

Anyone else?

Sholto

Sceleris
28-11-2007, 12:25
Well my Wordbearers (and a splinter faction - the Brotherhood of the Dark Redemption) are being allied to a traitor guard army (used to be a LatD list) together with a renegade Inquisitor and retinue, some storm troopers and death cult assasins (converted daemonettes). The premise was that the Inq was sent into to irradicate heresy in a mutant heavy hive world. However he was already corrupted, had the governer/leaders condemed for heresy and along with the local (and now turned) PDF allied with the Brotherhood who had sub-cults in the main hives.

My Deathguard are getting joined by some orks and will be accompanied by, once converted, a zombie mammoth/mumak (count-as giant squiggoth). The GUO is quite Gork/Mork like and the DGs being fat, green and not overly concerned about hygiene get a small band of orks in tow led by a weirdboy

Ordo Ouroboros
28-11-2007, 12:56
I already use a Penittant engine for my Chaos army that works with my "Daughters of Change" regiment. But my favouite so far has to be by adapted for Apoc Nurgle Sorceror, Arabulas the Inflictor, who is basically a Marine/Tyranid hybrid gone insane. Armed with a Venom Cannon and rending claws, I've had to keep him aside for agreed battles dicussed well ahead of time.

However on th subject at hand, as my army is largely a band of free thinking Genestealers in services to Chaos, we often allie ourselves, to great effect, with my daughter's Hive Fleet Terror, a largly genestealer based army. What her genestealers don't defeat my Beserkers more or less finish off and vice versa and my Plague Marines offer good cover for her advance

Gen.Steiner
28-11-2007, 13:59
My traitor Guard will be taking renegade Lost and the Damned PDF units, mutants and spawn led by a Renegade Cardinal, a Heretic Inquisitor, and will be joined by 1,500-2,000 points of Slaaneshi renegade Space Marines.

Which means:
Guard, mutants, daemons, spawn, Marines, Cardinal and Pontifex Guard, Heretic Inquistor and retinue, and assorted tanks and aircraft (flown from their small fleet).

Full background and rules in the Project Logs 'Preparing for Apocalypse' and 'The Pantokrator's Fallen Men' - see my sig. :)

Daigawn
28-11-2007, 14:04
According to the fluff of my army i found it wonderful that i could now add the Daemonhunter Inquistitor that was responsible for the turning of my old space marine chapter to chaos along with a callidus assassin and three daemonhosts. Though i couldnt justify using my 30 grey knights, no one would let me and i couldnt bring myself to use the two complete opposite forces together.

lord_blackfang
28-11-2007, 14:15
How about some Chaos Tau?

Gen.Steiner
28-11-2007, 14:17
How about some Chaos Tau?

In before Bregalad: "THAT'D NEVER HAPPEN!!!1!" :p

Slaaneshi Slave
28-11-2007, 14:21
Personally, I think some loyalist Marines, to represent ultra devoted unmarked / undivided Marines (with ATSKNF) would be a good edition.

Gen.Steiner
28-11-2007, 14:22
What, you mean the Relictors? ;)

Although those Loyalists might make good Word Bearers...

Slaaneshi Slave
28-11-2007, 14:48
Organ Exorcists suit Noise Marine armies well too.

Gen.Steiner
28-11-2007, 14:48
Good point, but if someone shows me Slaaneshi SoB again I'll cry myself to sleep. ;)

Grimtuff
28-11-2007, 14:56
Good point, but if someone shows me Slaaneshi SoB again I'll cry myself to sleep. ;)

Likewise, as the leap to female SM is not that far from there on.... ;)

Gen.Steiner
28-11-2007, 15:01
Oh, I don't mind female Space Marines *ducks* it's just the bored trope of Slaaneshi SoB. Why not Tzeentch (they were in Daemonifuge) or Nurgle? :p

That said, when done right, Slaaneshi SoB rock hard.

Ordo Ouroboros
28-11-2007, 16:02
Oh, I don't mind female Space Marines *ducks* it's just the bored trope of Slaaneshi SoB. Why not Tzeentch (they were in Daemonifuge) or Nurgle? :p

Good thing my Sisters are all Tzeentch then eh?

As for female Space MArines, all the more reason for heresy, which is why I mad my Sisters Thousand sons

Gen.Steiner
28-11-2007, 16:04
[QUOTE=Ordo Ouroboros;2134582]Good thing my Sisters are all Tzeentch then eh?/QUOTE]

They are? Hurrah! Pics plz. :D

Ordo Ouroboros
28-11-2007, 16:10
[QUOTE=Ordo Ouroboros;2134582]Good thing my Sisters are all Tzeentch then eh?/QUOTE]

They are? Hurrah! Pics plz. :D

When I get my new Camera and finish converting the Matriach

Gen.Steiner
28-11-2007, 16:18
When I get my new Camera and finish converting the Matriach

I look forwards to those :D

Dreachon
28-11-2007, 16:21
I only have plans to expand the IW with lots of traitor guard and possibly mutants.

Ordo Ouroboros
28-11-2007, 16:45
I have a lot of love for Traitor Guards and Zombie regiments

Engulfer of Cakes
28-11-2007, 16:48

How about Khorne SoB?

Considering I don't seem to be bothered about Apocolypse, the only thing my Chaos lot have is a Baneblade, which will look suitably possessed once I get a new scuplter since the old one vanished...

It I could be bothered, naturally it'd be Traitor Guard, or just my mates Chaos armies...

Ordo Ouroboros
28-11-2007, 16:58
How about Chaos Ratlings?

Grazzy
28-11-2007, 17:03
That's good - some daemonically stunted guys that have to stand and shoot rather than getting to charge with the rest of the army.

Ordo Ouroboros
28-11-2007, 17:05
As I am reltivly new, did Ratlings have a Skaven look to them or were they more human looking?

Imperialis_Dominatus
28-11-2007, 17:10
Considered for a half second buying Tau Battlesuits cause they look keeeewl. Then I shot myself in the pinky toe with a staple gun for my heresy. Must not allow awesome models to override army theme... especially since assault Chaos with Tau backup would be :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:.

Ddraiglais
29-11-2007, 18:20
I am building my army with three components. The first is IW. The second is traitor guard. The last is Legio Mortis.

I will definately use siege dreads in my army. I am thinking about some LR varients, "normal" dreads, and whirlwinds too for the IW part of my army. I will also use the basilisks that I have painted as IW basilisks. New bassies will go to my traitor guard.

All of the traitor guard will be from an allied list. I plan on Cadians with head swaps, HW teams, and a ton of tanks. I was thinking of making some stalk tanks and using them instead of sentinals. I wanted to include some super heavies in this part of the army as well.

Legio Mortis is pretty straight forward. It will eventually include all classes of titans (warhound, reaver, warlord, and emperor).

One part of the army is kinda making me feel a little bit "cheesy" though. If I include whirlwinds and "normal" dreads, I think some people might think of it as powergaming. I love the whirlwind models and feel they fit the IW theme. I hope that others see it as well. I don't know what kind of response I would get with "normal" dreads mixed in with "psychotic" dreads. I just don't feel that all Chaos dreads should be crazed. I also don't like the idea of units that are that unpredictable. I would include some crazed dreads for flavor, but I would want some normal ones too. What do you guys think?

Mort
29-11-2007, 19:16
One part of the army is kinda making me feel a little bit "cheesy" though. If I include whirlwinds and "normal" dreads, I think some people might think of it as powergaming. I love the whirlwind models and feel they fit the IW theme. I hope that others see it as well. I don't know what kind of response I would get with "normal" dreads mixed in with "psychotic" dreads. I just don't feel that all Chaos dreads should be crazed. I also don't like the idea of units that are that unpredictable. I would include some crazed dreads for flavor, but I would want some normal ones too. What do you guys think?

I wouldnt use loyal dreadnoughts if i were you, mainly because chaos already has dreadnoughts and i think the insane ones are more "chaos-ish" than the loyal ones. And the differences between the weapons are nearly nought,so i dont think that its necessary to use them.
Considering Whirlwinds,sure why not? Its apocalypse,and the IW are famous for all their siege equipment,so i think its completly ok if you use them...

I think the most fitting ally for Chaos is guard,and maybe some rogue inquisitors...

Ddraiglais
29-11-2007, 19:41
What about siege dreads then? I think they fit IW perfectly.

Gen.Steiner
29-11-2007, 20:33
As I am reltivly new, did Ratlings have a Skaven look to them or were they more human looking?

They're basically Hobbits in Space (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060105012&orignav=10).

Siege Dreads are awesome for the IW. Take them by the bucketload. :D

MuttMan
29-11-2007, 20:35
I always enjoyed using my Renegade Guardsmen, now they can play nice with my chaos on one side.

Gen.Steiner
29-11-2007, 20:54
Play nice with Chaos? You mean "fight someone we hate more than each other so when this is over the survivors can kill each other until we have a new warlord" surely.

SquishySquig
29-11-2007, 22:14

:skull: I second the "Grab a bucketload of Siege Dreads" sentiment. They are absolutely perfect for IW. :skull: